monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 05:30 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
I don’t think the US will change much
Remember what Churchill said about us. "The Americans will always do the right thing, but only after exhausting all other options"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 05:53 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I haven't heard anyone here (or anywhere) saying what a poor choice he really is.

Be honest. Pretty much every American here has been saying "Biden is not perfect but I would vote for a sea urchin over Trump."

On the button!
engineer

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 06:14 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

A bunch of kids on TicToc just conned and ridiculed the President of the United States. Amazing!

While I think the kids inflated the numbers, they didn't make that stadium empty. The Trump Campaign was completely willing to send tickets to everyone who requested one so if someone wanted to attend it's not like there were no tickets available. I think the likely reality is that there's a pandemic going on and people didn't want to get elbow to elbow with 20k people, many who do not take the pandemic seriously.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 06:28 am
@engineer,
Absolutely. The tickets are a McGuffin. All the President's men are after a mailing list for fund raising.
blatham

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:34 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Remember, the "creepy Joe" is a creation of the Trump campaign. It needs a target.
An example of how repetition of a phrase/idea soaks into a culture and influences how people think. "Blondes have more fun", "creepy Joe", "crooked Hillary". If I was in charge of school curricula I would mandate that students from the mid grades up be trained to recognize how this works so as to give them the means to defend themselves from a key tool of propagandists.
blatham

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:37 am
@engineer,
Quote:
While I think the kids inflated the numbers, they didn't make that stadium empty. The Trump Campaign was completely willing to send tickets to everyone who requested one so if someone wanted to attend it's not like there were no tickets available. I think the likely reality is that there's a pandemic going on and people didn't want to get elbow to elbow with 20k people, many who do not take the pandemic seriously.
Yes, on all points. And I think we can probably add a dwindling enthusiasm for Trump as well. His favorability numbers are going down even with evangelicals.
blatham

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:39 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
All the President's men are after a mailing list for fund raising.
Yup. And for targeted promotion.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:41 am
@blatham,
Now they have 800,000 plus names to weed out. That alone makes it worth it.
blatham

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 08:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I think so.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:03 am
@blatham,
but if you notice, the rabids are even more strident. Its easy to see those who "believe in him" no matter what the facts and evidence say. The rabids midlessly deny the honesty of the media, they have really been "brainwashed", or else they represent paid attack dogs . Im sure theres six of one and a half dozen of the other
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Be honest. Pretty much every American here has been saying "Biden is not perfect but I would vote for a sea urchin over Trump."
Back when there were 15 candidates, I was considering voting for a ham n cheese sammich.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 09:49 am
@farmerman,
My problem with the primary was that Biden was too old and with the exception of Warren, everybody else was too young. I've turned into a geezer.

I was kinda hoping for a loophole that would have allowed Obama to run again. Maybe Harris for his VP. Or any of the rest of them, really.

'Course the sammich could have kicked Trump's ass.
0 Replies

maporsche

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm for sure going to add my name to the next rally...and every one after that.
maporsche

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:04 am
Seeing that image of Trump getting home from his "rally" - I can't help but think that if it were Obama getting off the plane, giving a weak salute to the Marine officer, having his tie undone and looking as disheveled as Trump did...that the right would be making a big deal out of it.
hightor

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:07 am
@blatham,
Quote:
An example of how repetition of a phrase/idea soaks into a culture and influences how people think. "Blondes have more fun", "creepy Joe", "crooked Hillary".

Add "defund the police" to the list as well. Sad
Olivier5

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:26 am
@engineer,
Still the kids conned them: they had additional outdoor events planned for the "million" people coming, which nobody attended, and the Trump camp raised expectations, hyped up the "million" and fell flat on its collective face... Well done kids!
Region Philbis

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:27 am
@maporsche,
Quote:
Seeing that image of Trump getting home from his "rally" - I can't help but think that if it were Obama getting off the plane, giving a weak salute to the Marine officer, having his tie undone and looking as disheveled as Trump did...that the right would be making a big deal out of it.

https://i.imgur.com/WfQetzL.jpg
coldjoint

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:29 am
https://c2.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/07-Biden-Basement-LI-600.jpg
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:33 am
@coldjoint,
Biden ws out and about in his native state of Pa and in Delaware and Md while Plump was "Inspecting bunkrs" and making a triumphant return to the campaign Trail with his rousing turnout at tulsa.
farmerman

Mon 22 Jun, 2020 11:34 am
@Olivier5,
While GOP spends bazillions on technology, om kis use old fashioned skullduggery to flummox the"Stable Genius's" team.