monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

wmwcjr

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:24 pm
@layman,
Another interesting development in the war between cheese eaters and doughnut eaters: Layman is Conan! Smile

As for me, I'm just a . . .

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4c/db/0c/4cdb0cda155bb3f3dc713fc8a553412b.png
"As Setanta says, you can't beat this place for entertainment."
Blickers

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:37 pm
@camlok,
Quote camlok:
Quote:
Just as Lincoln's phony emancipation didn't change things, just as separate but equal didn't change things, just as Brown v Board of Education didn't change things, just as all the civil rights acts didn't change things, more band aids won't change things.

Three out of those four things changed quite a lot. Why, do you have some quotes from blacks in 1867 saying they wish slavery was re-instated?
0 Replies

layman

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
After years of criticism that it wasn’t taking harassment seriously, Twitter is planning to roll out some of its strongest tools yet to combat abusive content on the platform...

Good luck with, eh?

Quote:
Twitter is dead, and today exists as little more than a Sharia-compliant echo of its erstwhile self. If Twitter were in the emergency room, we’d be well past the CPR and defibrillator stages and waiting on transport to the morgue. Twitter didn’t just die this month — or even when they started facing massive pressure from shareholder lawsuits and scathing stock analyst reports.

The company attempted to find a buyer in October, a common move for a failing organization, only to see big names like Google, Disney and Salesforce.com all turn away. CEO Jack Dorsey and his motley crew of censors have been left trying to figure out how to keep the lights on...It’s pretty straightforward. When a social network starts playing politics and clamping down on free speech, it dies. I can think of no exception in the history of social networking.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/12/21/twitter-isnt-just-dead-rigor-mortis/
0 Replies

layman

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Racist white supremacist" nails it.

0 Replies

layman

Sun 12 Feb, 2017 11:58 pm
@wmwcjr,
What do you think of what this guy is saying, Bill?

0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:25 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

As for me, I'm just a . . .
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4c/db/0c/4cdb0cda155bb3f3dc713fc8a553412b.png

That picture got me to wanting to find my 44-ounce Louisville Slugger and go huntin, eh, Bill?

I betcha there's some really tender meat on that puppy, eh?
layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 12:57 am
@layman,
Quote:
Seal Meat: Veal of the Ocean?

Modern Farmer
By Dan Nosowitz on November 17, 2014

“The meat is pretty much not like much else you’ve ever eaten,” says Perrin, chef/owner of The Mallard Cottage, a restaurant on the forefront of the new Newfoundland cuisine....to Perrin, [seal meat is] a sustainable, indigenous product that’s an important part of his culture and also pretty damn delicious.

...the seals hunted are still typically the young, which Perrin calls “the veal of the sea.” It’s the same basic idea as using lamb or suckling pig: before the animal really starts to move around, it has little muscle tone and a lot of fat, which makes it enviable from a culinary point of view.

"Last year we had a couple chefs down from Montreal and other parts of Canada and we did a seven-course menu of seal, all done differently, including dessert,” he says.

Perrin thinks of the actions of the Humane Society and PETA as a little bit craven; to him, this is a non-endangered, very common local product, one that’s unique to his region and that he really likes to work with. "In a PR campaign, what are you going to use? A cow, or a seal pup with big dark eyes looking back at you?” Perrin sees seal as a superficial campaign issue for animal rights groups, a way to use cute pictures to secure more money, when he’s just trying to cook his food in a respectful way.

http://modernfarmer.com/2014/11/seal-meat-next-big-thing/
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:27 am
@dlowan,
Quote dlowan:
Quote:
An all time winner

0 Replies

layman

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 01:51 am
The solution the Democrats have been looking for:

0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:14 am
@dlowan,
Goddaman, that stirs the heart, dlowan. It was a golden age.

Maybe America can be great again.
oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Trump is doomed.

Trump is going to serve for eight years and will be known as one of our greatest presidents ever. The Republicans will hold the White House for the next twenty years.

cicerone imposter wrote:
The US isn't going to be destroyed by a loon like Trump.

Correct. He is not going to destroy us. Rather he is going to lead America into the 21st century.

cicerone imposter wrote:
46.% now favor the impeachment of Trump.

Whiny Leftists are irrelevant.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:26 am
@blatham,
Donald Trump visit to the UK 'will be rescheduled' to avoid embarrassing the President
Quote:
The visit will be postponed until sometime between late August and the end of September, according to a report from The Guardian. That will mean that it can be held while Parliament is in recess – and MPs are not around to embarrass the President by objecting to him.

Mr Trump will head to the UK on a short visit between a Sunday and a Thursday, according to the report. It's unlikely that he'll spend much time in London because of the huge protests that are expected to greet him.
oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:26 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As much as I feel Der Trump is kind of a dimwit with ADHD spectral symptoms, I would hate like hell to drive him out of a complete term. Itd **** up the markets and turn us into a real loser and could possibly give the retinue in waiting a complete turn around in govt and promote some kind of Constitutional Crisis. Adam Liptak was giving his opinion re: that possibility which could become a self fullfilling certainty were he leading up to impeachment or resignation.

As much as I hate to say, we have to brace up the moron and let his term finish to maintain the govt as we know it.
&5% of nations who undergo Constitutional crises, completely abandon their original constitutions within a year after the events.
Look at the Arab Spring, its pretty much a total wipeout and many of the nations are now worse off.

Not to worry. There is no chance of impeachment.

First, Mr. Trump isn't going to commit any impeachable offenses.

Second, even if he did, after the Democrats placed Bill Clinton above the law, no one is ever going to take them seriously if they try to complain about alleged Republican wrongdoing.

farmerman wrote:
I like the Constitution. I just wish Herr Trump would read it or have someone who knows it try to 'splain what its about. Hes claiming his words of his EO's to be Constitutionally sound and he is flat wrong.
He is also flat wrong about the oversite by a Judiciary.(meaning the executive brqnch judiciary committee as well as the Judiciary itself)

Let's see what the Supreme Court has to say on the matter.

Not that the Supreme Court is bound to be correct 100% of the time, but their ruling would spell out the arguments behind their position, and we could read it and see if their reasoning was legitimate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:32 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
layman wrote:
Torture them ISIS pervs until they spill every last bit of info they got in them. Then just cap the sorry sumbitches.

Ummmmm, that's one of the things that got German and Japanese war criminals hung.

I don't think many German soldiers tortured and murdered POWs, although their massacre of innocent Jews was unforgivable.

Japanese war criminals tended to escape punishment in favor of the expediency of closer Cold War relations between Japan and the US.

camlok wrote:
At what US torture site around the world would you suggest the gallows should operate for US war criminals?

Torture is not a capital offense. And I don't think there are any cases of US soldiers murdering captured enemy fighters.

And if any international body wants to start putting torturers in prison, they need to start with the people who've so far gotten away with torturing Americans in WWII/Korea/Vietnam/Iraq.

If an international body starts going after Americans without caring about all the cases where Americans are tortured, the United States has the right to use military force to destroy that international body.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Golly. I hope they still love him in Russia. I'm not sure I could identify another country where he won't be subject to "embarrassing" stuff. Even next-door Canada will be big trouble.

Odd too as he's a completely normal president.
oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Racist white supremacist" nails it.

Falsely accusing people of racism does not justify liberal violence.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:35 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Starving the trolls
Quote:
After years of criticism that it wasn’t taking harassment seriously, Twitter is planning to roll out some of its strongest tools yet to combat abusive content on the platform by virtually putting Twitter trolls in dark, soundproof room.

The company announced several improvements in a blog post Tuesday that it says will help make Twitter a safer place — including shutting down sock-puppet accounts created by users who have been previously suspended or banned, removing abusive tweets in search results, and collapsing “low quality” replies.
TP

I wish them luck in stamping out the hate.

But I don't know. I can picture the hatemongers abusing the system by grouping up to falsely accuse the good posters of hate.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:36 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
That worked well!

"youtu.be" shortcuts don't work with a2k codes.

You need to use the full "www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXX" web address.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:37 am
Quote:
And while Mr. Obama liked policy option papers that were three to six single-spaced pages, council staff members are now being told to keep papers to a single page, with lots of graphics and maps.

“The president likes maps,” one official said.
NYT

Text page: "See Spot Run Across..."
Attached Map: "Uzbekistan" (pronounced as - ooze beck hiss stan)
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 13 Feb, 2017 04:46 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Poor Republicans. Traumatized by two terms of Obama they're now stuck having to defend this weirdo. It's going to get old. Real fast. Dancing to the highly syncopated pipings of a tweeting huckster. SAD.

The Republicans are going to hold the White House for at least the next 20 years. And when the Democrats do finally regain power, it will only be by abandoning the Left and nominating a "Trump-lite" to be their candidate.

I think that is a pretty good position for the Republicans to be in right now.
0 Replies