monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:31 am
@oralloy,
So what does the concept of verifiable fact means, according to you?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:33 am
@Olivier5,
Whatever oralloy needs it to be.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:41 am
@oralloy,
Your version of history starts in 1967. Purely one sided. The Palestinian 's view of history starts more than a thousand years before that, with major stops in 1917 and 1947, which you and your one-sided history ignore. Which is whyisrael will never make peace.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:43 am
@livinglava,
Trump is a fascist. He wanted to pack DC and the rest of the country with Federal troops to enforce extraordinary laws. The armed forces didn't fall for it and even his RW Sec of Defense was against and moved contrary to Trump's wishes and yet the Republic still stands. This is and example of trying to force force circumstances down people's throats for the greater good. One could argue that the lessening of force actually lowered the level of violence.

Do you regret that Federal troops aren't walking your street under martial law in the guise of "the greater good"?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:48 am
Quote:
That is what you do when you run a country.

Ooooops!!!! Someone's fascist slip is showing!!!
revelette1

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 09:59 am
For an instance of some good news, NASCAR bans the confederate flag. Maybe at least the world and the US in particular is really starting to change. I even saw one of drivers wearing a "I can't breathe shirt." I honestly don't see this new global awareness of racial injustice fading away into nothing.

Also read a piece in the WP talking the VP picks for Biden, there seems to be a big problem for Harris that I don't think she can handle; and it's a matter of her record as Prosecutor. Perhaps Biden would be smarter to pick Abrams or Susan Rice.
livinglava

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Trump is a fascist. He wanted to pack DC and the rest of the country with Federal troops to enforce extraordinary laws. The armed forces didn't fall for it and even his RW Sec of Defense was against and moved contrary to Trump's wishes and yet the Republic still stands. This is and example of trying to force force circumstances down people's throats for the greater good. One could argue that the lessening of force actually lowered the level of violence.

Do you regret that Federal troops aren't walking your street under martial law in the guise of "the greater good"?

I started to defend Trump, but the moment I do that, I'm playing into the anti-Trump fascism. The point is that anti-Trumpism has given lots of people a way to channel their own hate and other fascist tendencies that the Democrats won't criticize them for. If it were 1955, they could channel the same hate and fascism toward people of color, and the same Democratic party would give them a pass for that. It's all about allowing people to express their fascism while telling them it's ok as long as it's directed toward hunting the right witch.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:04 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Pure bluster. The israeli offers are shams, deals that benefit israel and screw palestinians for land israel illegally took in the first place.

Your denials of Israel's peace offers reminds me of people who deny the Holocaust.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:05 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
So what does the concept of verifiable fact means, according to you?

A fact is something that is true.

Verifiable means that there is something credible that can be referred to in order to establish that it is true.
oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your version of history starts in 1967.

I don't have a version of history. I refer to actual history.

And relevant history goes back to around 5000 BC (very roughly) when the ancestors of Israeli Jews were the very first settlers in that area.

MontereyJack wrote:
Which is why israel will never make peace.

Refusal to make peace with Israel means they get to keep all the land for themselves.

Thanks for legitimizing the settlements. Time for Mr. Netanyahu to move forward with annexation.

As far as I'm concerned it's also time to start deporting Palestinians from Area B to the Gaza Strip, but Israel doesn't agree with me yet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:09 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Trump is a fascist. He wanted to pack DC and the rest of the country with Federal troops to enforce extraordinary laws.

Preventing rioters from looting and burning is hardly fascism.
revelette1

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:10 am
Trump is going to give a speech on police reform later in Dallas. What are the odds of him giving a decent speech without bashing the protestors and bringing up his pet conspiracy theories.? What are the odds that he will include the words, "racial injustice towards blacks?"

I am fixing to turn the channel, I'll just catch up to see how it went down later online.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:12 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
For an instance of some good news, NASCAR bans the confederate flag.

What is good about anti-South bigotry?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:13 am
Just on time. "5:00 Charlie" and his meaningless snot bombs.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:14 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

For an instance of some good news, NASCAR bans the confederate flag. Maybe at least the world and the US in particular is really starting to change. I even saw one of drivers wearing a "I can't breathe shirt." I honestly don't see this new global awareness of racial injustice fading away into nothing.

Also read a piece in the WP talking the VP picks for Biden, there seems to be a big problem for Harris that I don't think she can handle; and it's a matter of her record as Prosecutor. Perhaps Biden would be smarter to pick Abrams or Susan Rice.

My opinion:

Susan Rice would be great. He'd do better picking Sarah Palin than Stacey Abrams...who will not help and may possibly hurt. Kamala Harris is going to be the next Attorney General...and is going to bring that organization back under control.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 10:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think Stacy Abrams deserves a look but I don't think she's ready yet. I'd love to see her run for Governor again, because I think she'll win hands down.

I like Susan Rice for VP or SoS and Kamala Harris as VP ot AG.

There's a lot of potential in those three.

Sarah Palin: not so much.
Frank Apisa

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 11:11 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I think Stacy Abrams deserves a look but I don't think she's ready yet. I'd love to see her run for Governor again, because I think she'll win hands down.

I like Susan Rice for VP or SoS and Kamala Harris as VP ot AG.

There's a lot of potential in those three.

Sarah Palin: not so much.

Agree all the way.

Palin was the joke part of the post. We need a bit more of light-hearted stuff these days.
engineer

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 11:23 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I agree with all of that. Susan Rice is a nice and unexpected add to the list.
coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 11:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

Ooooops!!!! Someone's fascist slip is showing!!!

You said you would no t reply to me. Just because you leave my name off the quote still counts. You cannot keep your word and are lying to everyone and yourself. Sad, very sad Sad .
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 11 Jun, 2020 11:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Susan Rice would be great.

Susan Rice is a proven liar. And involved in the Russian hoax. I hope he does pick her.
0 Replies