monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:14 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
You don't understand facts and reality,

Your inability to provide any examples of an untrue statement in my posts says otherwise.
revelette1

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:15 am
@goldberg,
I'm sorry. I wish I remembered the poster as his post has stuck with me, it reminded me that we who are far from the situation have a less clear view of the crises in the ME. Which really works both ways. I agree with you about peace.
MontereyJack

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:16 am
@oralloy,
that statement is false to fact.
oralloy

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:17 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong again. Olivier's inability to point out any untrue statements in my posts is ample evidence that I understand facts and reality just fine.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:17 am
@goldberg,
Well it’s hardly surprising when someone like you who claims to be no supporter of Trump attributes all the violence and vandalism to black “hoods” and black “malcontents.”

One could be forgiven for thinking you were getting all your information from Trump’s twitter feed.
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:20 am
@revelette1,
That's okay. I really think I'm not in a good position to talk about such issues. I have never been to the Middle East, you know. Take care.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:21 am
@goldberg,
I have no great admiration for his advisors thus far. What shakes my faith in Biden's win, is voters in the swing states. You never know which way those state are going until the very last weeks, sometimes until the very voting day it is so close. You are correct about most of the swing states demographics being against the black vote, but overall, the black vote allowed Obama to win when coupled with moderates and independents from those swing states. That is the sticky wicket. (is that the correct phrase?)
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:24 am
@izzythepush,
Not really. I don't even take the trouble to check out his tweets, buddy. And I'm not saying all the looters happen to be black people. Some far-right activists and even foreign students are said to have joined it as well.
izzythepush

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:25 am
@revelette1,
It is. I must say it’s gratifying to hear you use a cricketing analogy.
oralloy

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:25 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
it reminded me that we who are far from the situation have a less clear view of the crises in the ME.

America can see just fine that all of the problems are entirely due to Palestinian aggression and refusal to make peace.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:26 am
@goldberg,
That’s not what you originally posted.
Frank Apisa

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:28 am
@goldberg,
I suspect you are wrong...because you have a "wrong" perception of what he is doing.

Biden is doing just fine the way he is operating. If he loses, it will be because of circumstances he cannot control...mostly the way the Republicans are going to allow this election to happen.

Not sure what you meant when you said you "plump" Biden, but if it means that you support him...great. Anyone with a functioning brain and any sense of decency will support him.
revelette1

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
I got it from someone here. Not going to try and guess again. lol.
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:31 am
@revelette1,
Well, don't forget that then Obama's rival was John McCain, who also appeared to be an old geezer just like Biden. At the same time, Obama was acting like a feisty leader bent on revitalizing America's economy and beefing up America's leadership.

That's why I said it's worrisome.
izzythepush

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:33 am
@revelette1,
It refers to the very short strip of grass where the bowler bowls at the batsman. When it rains it makes it hard for the batsman to work out how the ball will bounce, and when it dries it gets even trickier.
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention it.
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah. Plump for=support.
0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:38 am
@goldberg,
John McCain made the mistake of picking Sara Palin trying to appeal to the tea party. It was his doom.

Obama just had a very eloquent and real way of communicating and his words made a lot of sense in a way you could relate and understand. You don't run across his type often in politics. And he did beef up the American economy from the crises it was under the previous Bush administration. He didn't talk much about "American leadership." It was more community leadership and how we all have to "get to work."
izzythepush

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:38 am
@goldberg,
You’d have been better of using the analogy of Nixon. The riots in 1968 allowed him to present himself as the law and order candidate and he won the election.

It’s not a perfect analogy by any means, but it makes the point you were trying to make without stigmatising black people.
goldberg

Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:39 am
@revelette1,
Don't hate me if I tell you that I stopped short of saying Biden still acts like a grandpa instead of a leader. Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.