Thu 21 May, 2020 08:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
PLEASE HOLD YOUR BREATH.

Desperate, or just outsmarted, or both?Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 May, 2020 08:02 am
The Malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, touted by Trump as COVID-19 treatment, is tied to increased risk of death in COVID-19 patients, according to a study published in Lancet.

The Lancet study authors suggested these treatment regimens should not be used to treat COVID-19 outside of clinical trials until results from clinical trials are available to confirm the safety and efficacy of these medications for COVID-19 patients.

The Lancet: Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis
Setanta

Fri 22 May, 2020 08:08 am
The fat boy in the White House is not welcome in Baltimore . . .

Baltimore mayor criticizes Trump’s planned Memorial Day trip
snood

Fri 22 May, 2020 08:09 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The fat boy in the White House is not welcome in Baltimore . . .

Baltimore mayor criticizes Trump’s planned Memorial Day trip

He prolly doesn’t want to go there anyway. Too many of those dirty ole black people there.
revelette1

Fri 22 May, 2020 10:26 am
@blatham,
This is me back to my old username. I set my computer back to it's factory settings, or tried to, so I had to re-login. Somehow or another with the Microsoft edge, it had my old password saved on managed passwords. So, anyway... (As another aside, does anyone else experience so much computer issues on this site? I often wondered whether my computer issues is caused by this site or my big fish account.)

But you are right blatham, we give way too much attention to those like minded posters. I might answer one of them out of the blue, I read all of them, but, for the most part, you are right, it is a waste of time for all concerned even if we all seem to have a lot to waste.

Oddly the more certain our side seems to feel about a coming Biden administration, the more I get superstitious about it. Remembering how certain it looked Trump would lose. One thing Biden has going for him, there is not the same amount of pure hatred of Biden as there was for Hillary Clinton. But we shouldn't underestimate the amount of ineptness the American voter apparently will tolerate. Witness Trump winning in 2016. They will find a winning bumper sticker issue and hammer it home, never mind if it is true or not or if they themselves even believe whatever they come up with.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 10:47 am
@snood,
Quote:
Too many of those dirty ole black people there.

A growing number of those black people are going to vote for Trump.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 10:59 am
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/image-19.png
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:12 am
@snood,
Quote:
Too many of those dirty ole black people there.

Quote:
If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re voting for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

Biden said that. Do you think he knows what being black is? Or do you think that he thinks Blacks will do as they are told? Which ever it is Biden does not seem to respect Black peoples right to make a decision.

Oh no!! could he be a racist? Shocked

https://pjmedia.com/election/stacey-lennox/2020/05/22/is-this-joe-bidens-hot-sauce-in-my-purse-moment-n416754
hightor

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:13 am
A fraud network siphoned hundreds of millions of dollars in unemployment funds.

A sophisticated fraud network targeting Washington State’s unemployment system claimed hundreds of millions of dollars before officials were able to identify and crack down on the coordinated attack, state officials said Thursday.

“I realize this is a jaw-dropping figure,” said Suzi LeVine, the commissioner of the state Employment Security Department. The fraudulent claims had been filed on behalf of tens of thousands of people, and many involved individuals who had not lost their jobs, she said.

Officials confirmed the fraud on the same day the federal government reported that another 2.4 million American workers filed for jobless benefits last week, bringing the total to a staggering 38.6 million in nine weeks.

And while the Labor Department has found that a large majority of laid-off workers expect their joblessness to be temporary, there is growing concern among economists that many jobs will never come back.

“I hate to say it, but this is going to take longer and look grimmer than we thought,” said Nicholas Bloom, an economist at Stanford University.

The stunning scale of the job losses, and the billions of dollars in benefits approved by Congress to sustain workers without incomes, has made unemployment systems ill-equipped to handle the surge of claims vulnerable to fraud. The U.S. Secret Service said in a memo last week that it appeared that an international group of fraudsters was targeting unemployment systems, particularly in Washington State, but there was also evidence of attacks in Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Wyoming.

Investigators said the impostors appeared to be working with an extensive database of personal information stolen in earlier hackings that allowed them to submit claims.

Washington State had moved to make payments available quickly and deliver them to direct-deposit accounts. But the state began realizing the scope of the problem when people who had not filed for unemployment received mail saying that they had.

Ms. LeVine said the state had increased security on its systems and delayed payments to prevent further fraud. That has blocked thousands of other claims worth an additional hundreds of millions of dollars.

The pain, though, is already widespread. A household survey from the Census Bureau released Wednesday found that 47 percent of adults said they or a member of their household had lost employment income since mid-March. And Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City said on Thursday that nearly one in four New Yorkers needs food.

To address the problem, the city will increase to 1.5 million the number of meals it distributes each day by next week. A million meals will be delivered; the rest will be available for pickup at schools.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Lancet study authors suggested these treatment regimens should not be used to treat COVID-19 outside of clinical trials until results from clinical trials are available to confirm the safety and efficacy of these medications for COVID-19 patients.

Quote:
Dr. David Samadi to Newsmax TV: No Harm in Trump Taking Hydroxychloroquine

Which is it?
Quote:
Dr. David Samadi, the Director of Men's Health at St. Francis Hospital, says there’s no harm in President Donald Trump taking hydroxychloroquine to try to prevent a COVID-19 infection.

Samadi, a board-certified urologic oncologist and expert in robotic prostate surgery, also slammed the media for playing “political football” with news of Trump taking the antimalaria drug.

“What I love about President Trump is that he’s very transparent and he’s very honest and he talks about this. Most presidents that we know, they’re usually very private about this,” Samadi said Thursday during an appearance on Newsmax TV’s “Greg Kelly Reports.”

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/trump-hydroxychloroquine-covid-coronavirus/2020/05/21/id/968480/
Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
So you have the opinion of a "board-certified urologic oncologist and expert in robotic prostate surgery" versus a survey of "96 032 patients (mean age 53·8 years, 46·3% women) with COVID-19".

Your choice.
MontereyJack

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:44 am
@coldjoint,
His medical specialty has nothing to do with infectious disease, and he's clearly a trump upporter. Also in my news dfeed today, trump;s regimen can imperil health and can lead to death. Go, Donnie, take those pills.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:45 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
He prolly doesn’t want to go there anyway. Too many of those dirty ole black people there.

Good point, one is judged by the company one keeps.

I suspect this was a patriotic affair, since it ain't safe to hold MAGA rallies. He wants to visit Fort McHenry--you know, "rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air" . . . that kinda "don't I look presidential" dodge.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:49 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Your choice.

I will go with the urologic oncologist because he recognizes the the political dirty work from the media trying to discredit Trump no matter what he does.

Deal?
MontereyJack

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:50 am
@coldjoint,
He's saying clearly, he will work for black voters' concerns whereas trump won't, which is true, so the choice is obvioius. Not racist, a matter of political party viewpoints, where the gop just don't cut it.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:53 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
He's saying clearly, he will work for black voters'

Democrats have said that since LBJ and have done nothing but destroy the black family unit.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 May, 2020 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
So here 671 hospitals located in six continents with 63 315 patients from North America, 16 574 from Europe, 7555 from Asia, 4402 from Africa, 3577 from South America, and 609 from Australia did "the political dirty work trying to discredit Trump".
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:00 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
"the political dirty work trying to discredit Trump".

I never said hospitals had anything to do with it.
Quote:
political dirty work from the media

That is what I said.
MontereyJack

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:04 pm
@coldjoint,
You keep predicting that. It keeps not happenng. People of color are suffering disproportionately from Trump;s botched handling of coronavirus, and as always suffer worse in trump's economic downturn. Your crystal ball needs a new antenna.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:04 pm
@coldjoint,
So The Lancet did the dirty work to publish that survey?