monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:15 pm
Quote:
DiGenova says the ‘public shaming’ of Obama, Biden is far more important than indicting them

A little justice and a legacy of disgrace for Obama.
Quote:
That said, diGenova added: “That doesn’t mean that since he says he’s not going to charge either President Obama or Vice President Biden that he would not name them in an indictment as people who were used or participated.

“And it doesn’t mean that when John Durham writes his report for the attorney general that he isn’t going to outline the activities and outline the conduct and actions of President Obama and Vice President Biden,” he continued.

The former federal prosecutor characterized the 44th president as possessing “unbounded arrogance.”

“But let me tell you something,” he told Carr. “He’s come out of the closet to be Joe Biden’s press secretary and to defend him because he knows what’s coming down the pike in terms of public disclosures about what he did.

“They are going to outline the incredible length to which the entire administration went to take down the president of the United States,” he added.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/05/22/digenova-says-the-public-shaming-of-obama-biden-is-far-more-important-than-indicting-them-924336
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

He's saying clearly, he will work for black voters' concerns whereas trump won't, which is true, so the choice is obvioius. Not racist, a matter of political party viewpoints, where the gop just don't cut it.

Trump's point in the last elections was that Democrats promise a lot for blacks along with other minorities and everyone else, but they don't really deliver, so as I recall, Trump was quoted as saying, "what the hell do you have to lose?"

Democrats don't want to come to terms with how their policies and ideologies fail to achieve the effects they are supposed to have. What I wonder at this point is whether the self-undermining effects of policies are intentional or unintentional.

Look at Biden's plan to pull the Keystone XL permit, for example: that's going to stimulate investment in oil-tanker companies because investors won't fear losing business to the pipeline. So Dems won't frame it as an anti-competitive boon to the oil-tanker industry, but they'll just talk about how it's giving back sovereignty over tribal land to tribal authorities, etc.

Meanwhile, what will happen once the oil industry realizes they can start investing in tankers more profitably, and all the people who work and profit in that industry will of course be happy, and the tankers themselves burn lots of fuel crossing oceans, so why don't the Democrats talk about all that instead of just focusing on the feel-good story of protecting the tribe and the environment from a pipeline?

So translate that into policies devoted to racial justice/equality, and you see similar things like where housing subsidies stimulate new housing construction, but housing costs go up and people are discouraged from building and maintaining their own housing, etc. It's easy to just go into a poor area and start talking about money and development without thinking about the bigger picture and longer-term ramifications. When people are in a state of desperation, they tend to take a more short-term perspective, and then politicians and businesses can exploit that by offering them quick solutions that ultimately cause them worse problems in the long run.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So The Lancet did the dirty work to publish that survey?

What would you like me to say Walter? Am I imagining the world wide vendetta against Trump?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:34 pm
@revelette1,
Some people like to argue with these guys. I understand this where the rationale is clarifying one's own thoughts but I don't see much or any value past that. But this is a battle which, for a large part, I'm not winning which is why I'm not inclined to be around much these days.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:37 pm
Quote:
Jesse Lehrich
@JesseLehrich
· 2h
HALF of Fox News viewers believe Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass vaccination campaign against COVID-19 to implant microchips in people & track their movements.

only 26% say that's false.

https://news.yahoo.com/new-yahoo-news-you-gov-poll-shows-coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-spreading-on-the-right-may-hamper-vaccine-efforts-152843610.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:50 pm
Quote:
No Matter Who Biden Picks, His Running Mate Will Be A ‘Karen’

Quote:
A Karen is a tattletale and a snob, mean girl who got older but didn’t grow up. And her defining traits, bullying, a desire to subjugate others, and rank hypocrisy, fit snugly with progressive-left politics.

Biden, guided by the identity politics of his party, has promised that his choice for running mate will be a woman. It’s said he’s looking hard at at least five candidates and maybe as many as eight. So who makes up this field of possibilities?

Bring anyone to mind?
Quote:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren. Maybe the most Karen of them all. Given the pulpit of a vice presidential candidate, and, Heaven help us, possibly the soapbox of the vice presidency, she will constantly howl about economic inequality, Wall Street, profit, and just about any principle that has made America the exceptional nation it is.
Sen. Kamala Harris. The junior senator from California isn’t white, but she does relish managing the lives of others, as does any good Karen. She’s also an unpleasant person. Fox News’ Tucker Carlson says “Harris embodies everything that is grating and unlikable about” progressive-left politicians, who are “mindless children of privilege who sneer at those below them for not obeying.”
Sen. Amy Klobuchar. The Minnesota Democrat has a reputation of being cruel to her staff members. If she’s abusive to the people she’s closest to, how much worse would she treat the more than 325 million Americans she doesn’t know, if she had that chance?
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer. The coronavirus pandemic has shown the country just who the Michigan chief executive really is.

If anyone does not know what a "Karen" is by now I did post a video about it.
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/05/22/no-matter-who-biden-picks-his-running-mate-will-be-a-karen/
0 Replies

snood

Fri 22 May, 2020 12:59 pm
Hey, when you guys get it all worked out what’s best for black people to do this election, be sure to pass it on to us.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:18 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Hey, when you guys get it all worked out what’s best for black people to do this election, be sure to pass it on to us.

Pay attention. Biden just told you.
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 22 May, 2020 01:19 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Why would you assume that anything is 'best for black people' in an all-encompassing sense?

Would you ever wonder, "what is best for white people," and assume they are all one homogenous group where what's good for some is good for all and vice versa?

Would you say that for women? For Americans? For humans?
hightor

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
A growing number of those black people are going to vote for Trump.

Who are "those" black people? Anyway, this is a pretty low bar. I think he had 9% or 10% support from black voters in '16. Even if Trump pulls in a few more percentage points from that demographic (and one wonders how he'll go about doing that) it will be more than offset by the number of working class voters of all ethnicities who sat out the previous election.
hightor

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:17 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Would you say that for women? For Americans? For humans?

People say things like that all the time. In this case snood was participating in an ongoing discussion and didn't make the original comment.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:18 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Who are "those" black people?

Black people. You do not look at them that way, do you?
Quote:
Even if Trump pulls in a few more percentage points from that demographic

I heard 13% is all he needs. I can see that percentage more like 15 or 18% which I think Trump will get..
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
So here 671 hospitals located in six continents with 63 315 patients from North America, 16 574 from Europe, 7555 from Asia, 4402 from Africa, 3577 from South America, and 609 from Australia did "the political dirty work trying to discredit Trump".

Don't you know Walter, the whole world is out to get poor ole Trump.

Perhaps if that is true, he and his loyal fans should ask themselves why most of the world's population are against them?

Moreover, why is it only those few keep winning despite more than half world not liking these types of leaders such as Trump, republican Senators and conservatives in all the western countries over there?

Sadly for us over here, unless a large enough people in the battleground states vote for Blue to offset all the republican voting tricks, I see little hope for us as a lot of the courts in our country have turned into another right wing branch of our government.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:20 pm
@snood,
For whatever part I played into that, I apologize. I am sorry, snood.
coldjoint

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:22 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
Don't you know Walter, the whole world is out to get poor ole Trump.

Sorry, but unless you are in a coma, it is a well known fact.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:28 pm
@coldjoint,
My urological oncologist's name is Dr Wang. Your "urologic" oncologist actually IS a wang.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:31 pm
@coldjoint,
You are a despicable person. Read your comment again. Are you incapable of shame?
snood

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

You are a despicable person. Read your comment again. Are you incapable of shame?

He hasn't been ashamed of anything the orange slime has done in the last four years. That tells you everything you need to know about coldjoint's capacity for shame.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 22 May, 2020 02:40 pm
@snood,
Good point. My fault for crediting cj with any shred of decency.