monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 11:01 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
OOOOPPPPSSSSS!!!!! hydroxychloroquine is very safe. I was wrong.

However its no more useful for covid than aspirin.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 11:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Seriously. If its not a crime, you don't care.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 20 May, 2020 11:05 pm
@farmerman,
There so much dumb ****. I always buy the program, you'll never know which idiot said what without a program.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 May, 2020 11:06 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Can any of you conspiracy head cases actually specify the crime you think happened?

Leaking classified information is a felony. Why doesn't anyone want to talk about what we know Obama did? Abusing his power is now a gimmie,
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 20 May, 2020 11:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Can any of you conspiracy head cases actually specify the crime you think happened?

To a nonce who still believes untrained Saudi Cessna pilots caused the destruction of the Twin Towers and hit the Pentagon?

Why would we waste our time?
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 21 May, 2020 12:37 am
@coldjoint,
Misuse or combinations of drugs without supervision by a trained pro can always lead totrouble by that blogs sense , TABLE SALT oul be a dangerous condiment.

HDC is inherently dangerous at its doe or extended level. Contraindications and drug interaction are usually printed on the label. The sinus arrhythmia is a statistical large enough number for a drug that has a very limited use (unlike those in your clipped blog that mixes OTC with prescription meds and fails to quote the suggested restrictions and contraindications.
I take Metoprolol succinate because the Metoprolol Sulfate often makes one very short -of-breath. Its a printed side effect.

Chloroquine hydrate has an interesting side effect " cardiac arrest" in normal use for an unknown % of patients.

Rating meds as if it were a team sport is totally monkey brained. Aspirin is not more dangerous than acetominophen . Both analgesics work in totally different ways one affects your liver and the other thins the blood in a manner that could cause hematomas.
Actually IGAS whether Trump doctor shops or not or that his WH med advisor is such a pussy to NOT prescribe the drug that has shown to have NO USE in Covid-19 medication. Trump has been a total assaholic his wntire regime length. He doesnt take advice from anyone so lets see if he stops taking it as a regimine or whether hes taken it at all.
I just dont think hes been given a prescription by a reputable doc. "Above all else, do no harm"--I believe thats the ppramble of the Hippocratic oath. You know if Trump, in his morbid obesity state, should NOT be taking a drug that has a side effect of chemically inducing the patient to run a virtual marathon . I do not believe a doctor would prescribe a cardiac stimulant to a fat guy like trump.

Of corse theres the sniffing hes always doing at a podium.Perhaps hes inured to nose candy as many have said. Wow , maybe hs found a way to ...naaah.....
roger

Thu 21 May, 2020 01:27 am
@farmerman,
I gather those posts were very slow to post. I ran into that the other day, myself.
Builder

Thu 21 May, 2020 03:27 am
@roger,
Extra air-time for being a boss boy, I guess.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 21 May, 2020 04:27 am
@roger,
OOPS. I posted just as I left the barn to go inside and shower and hit the sack. I dont know how that happened other than I sometimes get angry when my IP doesnt post the message so I may have hit the "ENTER" button a few times more Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 06:33 am
@farmerman,
No worries. Neither of the tweedles bothered to read them.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:52 am
@farmerman,

Quote:
Chloroquine hydrate has an interesting side effect " cardiac arrest" in normal use for an unknown % of patients.

That is nice but it is not the drug we are talking about. When a doctor prescribes a drug he/she assumes the responsibility for what that drug does to that patient. Period.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:53 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
No worries. Neither of the tweedles bothered to read them.

When are you going to realize you speak for no one but yourself?
MontereyJack

Thu 21 May, 2020 10:55 am
@coldjoint,
You speak for no one but yourself yourself.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:07 am
@coldjoint,
Which is it I only speak for myself or we liberals all say the same thing (noting you call me a "liberal" and I deny it).
revelette3

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:11 am
Quote:
‘Obamagate’ suffers another significant, predictable blow

A week ago, Republican senators released a list of Obama administration officials who had requested the “unmasking” of Michael Flynn’s name in intelligence reports. And it wasn’t long before President Trump’s allies picked up the ball and ran with it. Almost immediately, many of them began tying the unmaskings to the leaks of details of Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador — a situation that culminated in Flynn pleading guilty to lying to the FBI about the calls.

“One crime is certain to have been committed,” wrote conservative journalist John Solomon, “an unmasked conversation between Flynn and Russia’s ambassador to Washington was leaked to at least two media outlets.”

Fox News host Laura Ingraham added that “the practice itself — unmasking — isn’t illegal, but passing the info around for illicit purposes, leaking it to the press — oh, yes, that is illegal. And we know that occurred here.”

In a letter this week, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) asked acting director of national intelligence Richard Grenell “why the list released on May 13th did not contain a record showing who unmasked General Flynn’s identity for his phone call with Ambassador Kislyak.”

Turns out there’s a very good reason the list didn’t show who unmasked Flynn’s name in that call: Because it was never masked in the first place. As The Post’s Ellen Nakashima reported Wednesday, it was the FBI, not the National Security Agency, that wiretapped Ambassador Sergey Kislyak’s calls — a common and legal practice. And Flynn’s name was never redacted in its report:

“When the FBI circulated [the report], they included Flynn’s name from the beginning” because it was essential to understanding its significance, said a former senior U.S. official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive intelligence. “There were therefore no requests for the unmasking of that information.”

The upshot here is that the unmaskings have not actually been connected to the Flynn-Kislyak calls or to the leaking of information about them to the press.

The most notable leak was to Washington Post columnist David Ignatius. On Jan. 12, 2017, Ignatius broke the news of Flynn’s talks with Kislyak and raised the prospect that they had discussed the Obama administration’s recently imposed sanctions -- in potential violation of an unenforced federal law called the Logan Act. The Post eventually reported Flynn and Kislyak had in fact discussed sanctions, but Flynn lied about this to the FBI and pleaded guilty to doing so. (The Justice Department now seeks to drop this prosecution.)

In other words, breathless theories about how the unmaskings prove the Obama White House was involved in the leaks have crumbled — at least based upon what we know now.

To be clear, not everyone who has objected to the unmaskings has tied them to the Kislyak calls like this. More discerning experts and pundits have acknowledged that the list provided to senators by Grenell included no such evidence — and even acknowledged the likelihood that Flynn’s identity was never masked in the first place.

But that didn’t stop the likes of Graham from acting as though it had been. Nor did it stop Trump allies such as the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Devin Nunes (Calif.), from going on Fox News and lumping it all together.

“They were unmasking anyone and everyone so that they could leak information to a press that was willing to take that illegal information to build a fake, phony narrative to set up numerous people on the Trump team — not just General Flynn,” Nunes said a week ago.

Others have suggestively looked at the dates of the unmaskings in an attempt to tie them to Flynn-Kislyak calls or the leak to Ignatius.

“Now, who do you think made the unmasking requests that day?” Ingraham said last week, referring to the date Flynn and Kislyak made contact. “None other than former director of national intelligence James Clapper.”

The Wall Street Journal editorial board applied this speculative theory to Biden last week.

“Mr. Biden’s unmasking request was made on Jan. 12, 2017 — the day The Washington Post reported on the Flynn-Russia conversation,” it wrote. “Mr. Biden has some explaining to do.”

Quote:
Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.) echoed this idea:
Rep. Jody Hice

@CongressmanHice

After the Kislyak-Flynn call, only a few individuals put in requests to unmask Flynn — including Obama Chief of Staff @DenisMcDonough and @JoeBiden.

Biden made the last on Jan 12.

Also on Jan 12, the *illegally leaked* unmasked call appeared in the WaPo...

Coincidence?

Biden seems to have less explaining to do now that we know that Flynn’s name was never masked in the first place.

The revelation comes after, earlier in the week, Attorney General William P. Barr dismissed the idea of a criminal investigation of former president Barack Obama or Biden.

There is much we still don’t know here. But what has been evident from the beginning is that this alleged scandal — “Obamagate,” as Trump has called it — has been built on a whole lot of baseless suggestion and inference. Proponents are exploiting the secretive but entirely common process of unmasking (which is alien to 99.9 percent of Americans) to construct an elaborate but extremely speculative conspiracy theory.

In doing so, they have been aided by the selective release of information by Grenell and GOP senators, which provided just enough for them to inject a whiff of plausibility that this involved the Obama White House or even Biden — but never truly substantiated that allegation in the first place.

It’s always important to be circumspect with this kind of information, acknowledging there is plenty we don’t yet know that has yet to be revealed. But it’s also important not to jump to flimsy conclusions by going beyond the evidence — and rather blatantly so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/21/obamagate-suffers-another-significant-blow/

farmerman

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:41 am
@revelette3,
verry interesting.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:47 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You speak for no one but yourself yourself.

I know that.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
(noting you call me a "liberal" and I deny it).

You should deny it. Liberal is too good of a word for you. Fascist authoritarian is more like it.
coldjoint

Thu 21 May, 2020 11:59 am
https://c1.legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/06-NY-Lockdown-LI-600.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 21 May, 2020 12:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Takes one to know one, but in this case you're wrong. I am a humanist.