monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:05 pm
@coldjoint,
so you disagree that Trumps entire disastrous handling of this mess is mostly his self-dealing , his inability to lead, and his lying narcissism where he can NEVER take responsibility?
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
so you disagree that Trumps entire disastrous handling

That just is not true. Trump did a good job. Again, Cuomo.
Builder

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:09 pm
@farmerman,
Ever heard of a term used in the court process, called leading the witness?

Your questions would see you thrown out of a court room, were you in the prosecution, or defense, so what makes you think they're worthy of a response at all, in this venue?
farmerman

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:32 pm
@Builder,
well counselor.
1 Remember?This is NOT a court room, so Your attempted analogy is baseless.(Rules of debate do NOT deny assertion or hypothetical s. (In fact the use of the hypothetical IS admissible in cross examination in court so not only is your analogy baseless, your assertion is incorrect)

2 I do like to hear you guys try to deny the obvious with fuzzy gloves

3 All you seem to do is try to run baseless cover for your ilk.
farmerman

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:35 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Trump did a good job. Again, Cuomo.
Trump has done one thing in the early days (jan-March) He did close one port of entry to one country and did nothing else. Since that time and until it became so obvious that he was dead wrong, he either denied, poo poo;d, downplayed, or lied about the pandemic.
ither you hve no hort term memory or youre just trying to keep your handlers pleased with your amnesia
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:43 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
obvious that he was dead wrong, he either denied, poo poo;d, downplayed, or lied about the pandemic.

The same thing all the sources you trust did. They downplayed the virus. Even Fauci did. And they have lied with inflated totals and ridiculous models that were proven wrong.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 16 May, 2020 11:44 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Rules of debate do NOT deny assertion or hypothetical

If you consider that to be debate, go to the back of the class, and try listening, and comprehending. Looks like you missed the basics from day one.

Quote:
In fact the use of the hypothetical IS admissible in cross examination in court

Do you need instruction on the difference between a hypothetical postulation, and clearly leading the witness?

The rest of your "post" (I use the term very loosely in describing your narcissism and posturing) isn't worthy of comment.
farmerman

Sun 17 May, 2020 05:02 am
@Builder,
I suppo that will do hen you hve nothing in your quiver. Taking "debate" lesson from you would certainly be exciting, Ive got a minute to spare. tell me everything you know.
lmur

Sun 17 May, 2020 05:37 am
The following tweet from Sen. Susan Collins:
'The President has not provided the kind of justification for the removal of IG Linick required by this law.'

elicited the following response:
I'm pretty tired, so can we just skip to the part where you don't do anything?'
hightor

Sun 17 May, 2020 05:40 am
@farmerman,
coldjoint wrote:
Trump did a good job. Again, Cuomo.

Seems to me Cuomo had a lot of other things to say about Trump. This is one of the milder ones:
Quote:
"I have to do more? No — YOU have to do something! You're supposed to be the President."

Builder wrote:
Do you need instruction on the difference between a hypothetical postulation, and clearly leading the witness?

Pulling up a chair...I love it when Builder dons his schoolmarm outfit!

Setanta

Sun 17 May, 2020 05:56 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Builder wrote:

Pulling up a chair...I love it when Builder dons his schoolmarm outfit!

That one really cracked me up!
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 17 May, 2020 06:09 am
@Builder,
Quote:

If you consider that to be debate
well it isnt a court room in the US .
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 17 May, 2020 06:14 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I love it when Builder dons his schoolmarm outfit!
I got that picture stuck in my hed. I gotta hurl
blatham

Sun 17 May, 2020 06:45 am
Quote:
In 1963, John Kenneth Galbraith, the liberal economist and adviser to the Kennedys, mocked the modern conservative for being engaged in “one of man’s oldest, best financed, most applauded, and, on the whole, least successful exercises in moral philosophy. That is, the search for a truly superior moral justification for selfishness.”
NYer
h/t Hightor It's a great read, folks.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 17 May, 2020 07:14 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I love it when Builder dons his schoolmarm outfit!

I got that picture stuck in my hed. I gotta hurl

I'm sure you recall Jonathan Jeffries. We became good friends when I was living in NYC. Here's his Facebook image...

https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/96415426_10219769862134244_197868881333714944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=k30j-S3ra4QAX80PebB&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=0954a4c933d3f9b317682a262d520a5b&oe=5EE86749
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 17 May, 2020 07:34 am
@farmerman,
You might also point out to the nit wit that when leading a witness the witness is ALWAYS one that is favorable to the lawyer accuses of doing the leading. So his little analogy is screwy. What he refers to as "leading" is more "Socratic method". Its an accepted way of learning and demonstrating thought process.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 17 May, 2020 07:36 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ive got a minute to spare. tell me everything you know.

And still have time to tune the John Deere.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 17 May, 2020 07:37 am
@lmur,
Susan Collins has concerns. And a pair of white gloves to wear to high tea.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 17 May, 2020 07:40 am
I hope to see a commencement address given by Trump to his students who've recently graduated from Swampland Incarceration University.
0 Replies