monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

bobsal u1553115

Sat 16 May, 2020 04:38 pm
Over 180 church goers told to self-quarantine after attendee at Mother's Day service tests positive
Source: the hill

Over 180 church goers told to self-quarantine after attendee at Mother's Day service tests positive for COVID-19

By J. Edward Moreno - 05/16/20 05:55 PM EDT

Jacobsen told the Post the county did not directly communicate with him or his congregation, which he sees as his responsibility.
The church was violation of the stay-at-home order California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) issued on March 19, which prohibits large public gatherings. Butte County Public Health officials said ignoring the state order could lead to “more restrictive measures” as the virus continues to spread in California.

“At this time, organizations that hold in-person services or gatherings are putting the health and safety of their congregations, the general public and our local ability to open up at great risk,” Danette York, director of Butte County Public Health said in a statement.

Jacobsen told the Post he felt emboldened to host the church service last Sunday because of the relatively little cases in Butte County. The county of over 200,000 people has only 22 cases and no deaths as of Saturday.

“I already had to cancel our Easter celebration, which is the first Easter from when I received Jesus into my life that I wasn’t able to be a church service, and that’s very difficult,” he said. “I see church as a very essential part of my life.”

Read more: https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/498155-over-180-church-goers-told-to-self-quarantine-after-attendee-at-mothers
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 04:51 pm
Quote:
"The facts don't matter, the story is pre-written."

That is what Lokhova says. She explains how she was set up and the lies about Flynn. They started quite a while ago.

She also says after being accused of being a spy was never questioned by one intelligence agency. She was used to smear Flynn and the intelligence agencies knew she was not a spy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 05:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Over 180 church goers told to self-quarantine after attendee at Mother's Day service tests positive.

FEAR! BE AFRAID!! BE VERY AFRAID!!! and do what you are told.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 05:16 pm
Quote:
YouTube censors epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski for opposing lockdown

They(YouTube) will not let you hear what they do not want you to hear. Keep that in mind when watching what they do let you see. Check on everything because Leftists have no compunction when it comes to lying.
Quote:
Dr. Knut M. Wittkowski, former head of biostatistics, epidemiology and research design at Rockefeller University, says YouTube removed a video of him talking about the virus which had racked up more than 1.3 million views.

Wittkowski, 65, is a ferocious critic of the nation’s current steps to fight the coronavirus. He has derided social distancing, saying it only prolongs the virus’ existence and has attacked the current lockdown as mostly unnecessary.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/youtube-censors-epidemiologist-knut-wittkowski-for-opposing-lockdown/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utb]tm_campaign=site%20buttons
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 16 May, 2020 05:27 pm
@blatham,
It makes sense, in a way. However, if you've been paying attention, then you know that a vaccine, if one can be produced, is at least 18 months away. How many will die in 18 months, and especially if the fat boy in the White House convinces millions of citizens that there's nothing to fear? I reject your use of "rationale," it is not a rationale to recognize that the health care delivery system in North America, relatively good based on global comparisons, cannot deal with this pandemic and the ordinary, quotidian morbidity and trauma, without imposing the isolation, distancing and shutdowns which the more intelligent governments have implemented.

You have a dismissive tone to your pronouncements as though you were addressing not terribly clever undergraduates in the early days of their educations. It is something I've seen for years, and which I resent.
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 05:30 pm
Quote:
Inside the Media's Desperate Cover-Up of 'Obamagate'

Quote:
“This week’s news that at least 39 Obama officials had unmasked Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn’s private conversations during the last month of their administration seemed a little shocking. Today, major media outlets are telling readers and viewers that the practice is “routine.”

Notice they do not say that leaking the names unmasked is a felony. Are the felonies routine also? They were after Trump won.
Quote:
What all of these Obamagate deniers are about is a determined effort to journalistically cover-up what arguably is the biggest scandal in American history – a silent coup attempt against a President of the United States by a collection of dirty cops and dirty bureaucrats.

These media cover-up artists are about nothing less than covering up this scandal by – to borrow from Hillary Clinton - picturing the investigation into Obamagate as nothing more than a vast rightwing conspiracy theory that is a “big pile of hooey”

As former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy noted here at National Review, in an excerpt from his bestseller Ball of Collusion: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency:

“On January 12, 2017, The Washington Post’s David Ignatius published a leak from an unidentified “senior U.S. government official,” describing Flynn’s communications with Kislyak after Obama announced the anti-Russia sanctions.”

That leak, which clearly came from that “senior U.S. government official” who had access to the unmasking of General Flynn – was a federal crime. That is a fact.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/jeffrey-lord/2020/05/16/inside-medias-desperate-cover-obamagate
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 16 May, 2020 06:23 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
However, if you've been paying attention, then you know that a vaccine, if one can be produced, is at least 18 months away.
I think Fauci put it at 12 to 18 but yeah, that is a long way out. Given our situation in this household, it means relative isolation for years, likely.
Quote:
How many will die in 18 months, and especially if the fat boy in the White House convinces millions of citizens that there's nothing to fear? I reject your use of "rationale," it is not a rationale to recognize that the health care delivery system in North America, relatively good based on global comparisons, cannot deal with this pandemic and the ordinary, quotidian morbidity and trauma, without imposing the isolation, distancing and shutdowns which the more intelligent governments have implemented.

But I don't disagree with any of that. You appear to think I'm arguing something I'm not arguing. Not sure how to clarify any further. You could just believe me on this.

Quote:
You have a dismissive tone to your pronouncements as though you were addressing not terribly clever undergraduates in the early days of their educations. It is something I've seen for years, and which I resent.

That's a criticism I've encountered before. I assume there's something to it. Even if I don't actually think the way it might appear.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 16 May, 2020 07:05 pm
Well, there seem to be a lot of indications that recovery from the virus doesn't confer immunity. If that's the case, I'm not sure there is going to be a vaccine - whether by year end of year, eighteen months, or whatever.
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 07:16 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Well, there seem to be a lot of indications that recovery from the virus doesn't confer immunity.

That is not what some scientists say.
Quote:
Can You Develop COVID-19 Twice? Here’s What We Know

Quote:
But coronaviruses like those that cause SARS, COVID-19, and MERS don’t have a dormant phase, and they don’t integrate into our DNA, making a reactivation unlikely.

“Human coronaviruses have not yet been shown to have anything like an inactive phase, so the idea of reactivation is a bit of a stretch,” Neuman said.
It may come down to each person’s immune system

It seems chances are good that recovered people are immune. You can see that in the science pertaining to the DNA.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-are-some-people-testing-positive-for-covid-19-again#Its-most-likely-not-a-reactivation,-but-a-resurgence

0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 07:39 pm
Quote:
Obama claims his presidency was free from scandal — but he’s full of it

Quote:
Democrats take it as a matter of moral certainty that Donald Trump and his political allies can only do wrong and cannot be wronged. Trump and his colleagues insist that they have been wronged in a very serious way: by the Obama administration’s abusing federal counterintelligence tools as an extension (and a post-election extension) of the 2016 presidential campaign. That is a perversion of political power that should command the attention of all Americans irrespective of their assessment of President Trump.

True, why is this not obvious? To everyone.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/obama-claims-he-was-free-from-scandal-but-hes-full-of-it/
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

It makes sense, in a way. However, if you've been paying attention, then you know that a vaccine, if one can be produced, is at least 18 months away. How many will die in 18 months, and especially if the fat boy in the White House convinces millions of citizens that there's nothing to fear?

What if Trump was encouraging people to stay at home and it was anti-Trumpers who were calling Trump a liar who was just trying to kill jobs and growth by keeping people home?

If that happened, people would be rebelling against Trump's advice and going out and spreading the virus more, so the fact that Trump is widely viewed by his opponents as giving bad advice (and his followers viewed as 'deplorables') causes those opponents to stay and home and take more precautions than if he was telling them to do so.

Basically, anti-Trumpism has generated a massive cult of anti-authority where the sheeple can be herded by opposition to Trump instead of obedient submission to him.
Setanta

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:13 pm
@livinglava,
Bite me.
snood

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:20 pm
@Setanta,
An eminently fitting response to the endless word salad with bullshit croutons and batshit dressing.
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:21 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Basically, anti-Trumpism has generated a massive cult of anti-authority where the sheeple can be herded by opposition to Trump instead of obedient submission to him.

You are right. They project the crap they are doing themselves. A cult describes them well.
Setanta

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:24 pm
@snood,
I never was much of a salad eater as it was.
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 16 May, 2020 08:26 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

You are right. They project the crap they are doing themselves. A cult describes them well.

Regardless of the meaning of the word, 'cult,' my point is that they can be lead (as 'sheeple') more effectively by evoking anti-authoritarian resistance to a leader than by obedience to a beloved dictator.

If you can control the masses more effectively by stoking resistance to a head of state, why try to cultivate love and worship in order to control them? (I say this cynically, btw, because I am not pro-authoritarian rule). This was basically the premise of the book, 1984, wasn't it?
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 16 May, 2020 09:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
oy. We hve these "super-spreaders" and now more great news that once someone is infected and recovers, that does not necessarily confer immunity because theyve got 5 sailors who recovered from the illness , have continually tested negative, all of a sudden have tested positive.
Also, no antibodies were detected. Maybe this thing is mutating so quickly that a vaccine is going to have to be like a search for a vaccine for rhinovirus, a search for symptom control, turning an acute disease into a manageable one ,Like AIDS.

In the meantime, the treatments with plasma antibodies does seem to confer some symptom easing in the majority of cases.Something like 80+%
bobsal u1553115

Sat 16 May, 2020 09:24 pm
@farmerman,
I beleive we will find a way through this. I wonder how much of the credit Donnie Fat Cheeks will try to glom up.

I think it'll be some combination of acquired immunity, a correct, scientific combination of medicine, prevention, sanitation. Nothing our fearless leader has a hand in.
coldjoint

Sat 16 May, 2020 09:37 pm
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 16 May, 2020 10:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
we can hope for better leadership.(Id actually take the veep since he IS , at least willing to take direction from our experts) Mr Sunkist has shown us his level of "leadership" and its been found bankrupt.(If he ever had a smittering of leadership skills)

Boy I wish Obama could run for a third term as a super Constitutional "emergency".
I think Trump is going to have to admit himself into a rehab center after hes through in November (I hope hed have the honor to resign in the interim time twixt his defeat and Biden's inauguration.Pence could probably work with the new team to actually set a much needed strategy and long term plan to deal with the disease and the economic aftermath. Since Biden was more responsible for the 2009 turnaround (Obama was devoting his time to health care) Id think he would want to lad the economic wreckage cleanup, and Pence could help a transition team to work the covid details.

We cant take this do-nothing admin for very much longer, what with such a crazy narcissist brain-dead idiot in the executive. Some of the clowns here are unhinged themselves and are either too stupid to understand or are being "sponsored by foreign interests" to lie for Trump to try to help him get reelected.