ehBeth

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:25 pm
@coldjoint,
World control? I'm up for that
livinglava

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:25 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

The survival rate is what we need to discuss, and for the US of A, it is more than 99%.

There also seem to be some after-effects that don't go away after recovery.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:33 pm
@blatham,
nope
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:33 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Trump suggestions such as drinking bleach.

You are perpetuating a lie. Trump never said that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:35 pm
@coldjoint,
if it weren't for the laughs, I wouldn't bother eh
coldjoint

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
if it weren't for the laughs, I wouldn't bother eh

Is that your final condescension? I could care less.
ehBeth

Fri 15 May, 2020 06:55 pm
@coldjoint,
always go with your long suit Wink
coldjoint

Fri 15 May, 2020 08:30 pm
https://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/corruption-image.jpg
Three years of lies.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 15 May, 2020 08:51 pm
Golf Champion Won’t Play Again with Trump

May 15, 2020 at 10:35 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard 0 Comments

https://politicalwire.com/2020/05/15/golf-champion-wont-play-again-with-trump/

"SNIP.....

“Four-time major champion Rory McIlroy criticized President Trump for his response to the coronavirus outbreak, and said it was unlikely the pair would meet for another round of golf,” Reuters reports.

Said McIlroy: “We’re in the midst of something that’s pretty serious right now. The fact that he’s trying to politicize it and make it a campaign rally and say that we administer the most tests in the world, like it’s a contest – there’s some stuff that just is terrible.”

He added: “It’s not the way a leader should act.”
coldjoint

Fri 15 May, 2020 09:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
He added: “It’s not the way a leader should act.”

Exactly what elected office has he held? Wanting to kiss the elites ass is not out of the norm. What better way than knocking Trump? Trump will get over it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:17 pm
Just fired IG had opened an investigation into *Secretary Pompeo* who recommended he be fired
House Foreign Affairs chair @RepEliotEngel
: “I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Sec. Pompeo. Mr. Linick’s firing amid such a probe strongly suggests that this is an unlawful act of retaliation.”

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1261496505187348481

Engel says, "I have learned that the Office of the Inspector General had opened an investigation into Secretary Pompeo. Mr. Linick’s firing amid such a probe strongly suggests that this is an unlawful act of retaliation."

"This firing is the outrageous act of a President trying to protect one of his most loyal supporters, the Secretary of State, from accountability," said Engel, the House Foreign Affairs Committee chairman, in a statement.

https://twitter.com/HouseInSession/status/1261495445416796160

A senior State official confirmed that Pompeo made the recommendation that Linick be removed, but the official did not know the reasons why. The decision to choose Akard as his successor was done in consultation with his management team, but Pompeo ultimately made the decision

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1261501522967433228

glitterbag

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GASP HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
bobsal u1553115

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:39 pm
Barber Defied Rules and Cut Hair From Home. Now He Has the Virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/nyregion/barber-virus-kingston-ny.html?algo=top_conversion&fellback=false&imp_id=413384840&imp_id=662210350

By Sarah Maslin Nir

May 15, 2020

The complaint came in last month from a resident of Kingston, a city in New York’s Hudson Valley: A local barbershop was still performing haircuts, in violation of New York’s emergency shutdown orders to thwart the coronavirus.

Two days later, a buildings investigator went out to investigate the claim. La Lima Barbershop at 678 Broadway was dark.

Three more visits, on April 13, 17, and 19 turned up the same result: “Appears to be closed,” the inspector wrote on each form.

The complaint was left unresolved until this week, when the proprietor of the shop, Joseph LaLima, was hospitalized for the coronavirus, setting off a furor in the Ulster County city, about 90 miles north of New York City.

Mr. LaLima had never stopped cutting hair, despite Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s order. But he was not doing it in his shop; he was doing in the privacy of his home — in the back of the shop.

⚠️ PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE ⚠️ @UCDeptHealth announced today that a Kingston barber who has been providing haircuts during the last few weeks at a barbershop on Broadway has tested positive this week for the COVID-19 virus. pic.twitter.com/IVAimqoJ90
— Ulster County Government (@UlsterNY) May 13, 2020

“He said do not open up your shops, barbershops, beauty parlors, nail salons, tattoo parlors,” Mr. LaLima said on Friday, referring to the governor. “So I didn’t.”

Mr. LaLima, who spoke just after his release from a four-day hospitalization, began to get agitated. “It said you can work from home,” he said. “678 Broadway is my home!”

But according to state officials, Mr. LaLima’s interpretation of the order does not square with its actual text. The March 21 rule did not just order the closure of the physical spaces where services like manicures and haircuts are performed; it required services like nail-painting and buzz cuts to cease completely.

“These services cannot be provided while maintaining social distance,” the order reads.

In his daily briefing on Friday, Gov. Cuomo denounced Mr. LaLima’s actions without naming him. “You know that is an occupation of close proximity, right? You can’t really socially distance and do a haircut,” the governor said. “That is by definition an up close and personal occupation.”

A few hours after leaving the hospital, Mr. LaLima railed against the governor. He said he had done no wrong, and was simply trying to make a living.

“I am aggravated to the nines,” Mr. LaLima said. “Is Cuomo going to pay me? Is he going to make up the difference? Is he going to pay my taxes? Is he going to pay the heat and electric? Is he going to feed my family?” he asked.

Richard Azzopardi, a senior adviser to the governor, was unmoved by Mr. LaLima’s defense. “There is no excuse to be reckless in a pandemic,” he said.

The coronavirus has killed 31 people in Ulster County, and more than 1,400 people have been infected. Eleven people are currently hospitalized in the county, and health officials fear that some of Mr. LaLima’s clients may be next.

Some of the county’s 55 disease investigators are now trying to trace those customers. According to the barber, many of his clients were police officers and firefighters, whose hair he cut for free.

“I did them a favor!” Mr. LaLima said. “And I didn’t give it to anybody else. I got it from somebody that came into my shop.”

The Ulster County district attorney’s office sees the matter differently: It has launched an investigation into whether Mr. LaLima violated public health laws, a criminal offense, and whether any of his clients may face penalties.

“This kind of flouting of the rules is unacceptable, and it puts lives in danger,” said Patrick K. Ryan, the Ulster county executive. “We are taking it very seriously.”

The news of an illicit barber first spread through a public message sent on Wednesday by the Ulster County Health Department, which urged anyone whose hair had been cut at “a barbershop on Broadway” to call their doctor and be tested for the virus.

“We are taking extraordinary measures to try and minimize the spread of this dangerous disease,” Dr. Carol Smith, the Ulster County health commissioner, said in a statement. “Learning that a barbershop has been operating illicitly for weeks with a Covid-19 positive employee is extraordinarily disheartening.”

Until Mr. LaLima went public with his identity on Friday, at least three local barbers whose shops are also on Broadway said they faced a barrage of angry calls and messages from people suspicious that they might have been the culprit.

“He put the people in danger,” said Mostafa Oukili, who owns Mostafa’s Broadway Barbershop, which he closed in early March, before the mandatory order, because he said his wife is a cancer survivor and he feared that she might become infected. “You can’t work six feet away as a barber.”

Mr. LaLima has been operating the barbershop on Broadway since 1975, when he converted a children’s bicycle store that he had bought the year before for $12,000, according to a 2013 article. A motorcycle aficionado and Vietnam veteran, he said he has been cutting hair since he returned from military service in 1968.

Mr. LaLima is not the only hairdressing scofflaw. This week, Karl Manke, 77, a barber in Owosso, Mich., had his business and professional licenses suspended after he reopened his shop in defiance of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order. Despite the suspension of his licenses, he said he planned to keep cutting hair.

Mr. LaLima was similarly disposed. He said he was feeling well and ready to cut hair as soon as possible. “I think the people that are up in arms are idiots,” he said.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:42 pm
@glitterbag,
I think he's a very funny man. And he's totally unself-aware!

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahha!
glitterbag

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:45 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Reminds me of that other comic, Anne Coulter hahahahahahahahahaha
coldjoint

Fri 15 May, 2020 10:56 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Your e so damned bankrupt that your now questioning the veracity of first responders and the medical profession.

No, I am pointing out a doctor who is questioning it. That anything but the narrative sends you into to a name calling frenzy is concerning.