monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 12:16 am
https://i.imgur.com/iv30mAE.jpg

Today, the US oil price plunges to 20-year low.
Signs of curtailed US supply have done little to boost prices. Baker Hughes data on Friday showed that the number of oil rigs in the US has dropped by more than a third over the past month.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 12:47 am
@coldjoint,
You don't make the rules around here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 12:53 am
I haven't tried to make the rules. Since things don't seem to sink through Tory skulls, I will point out once again that I'm an American, not a Canadian. Of course, you don't have much to say if you don't call people names.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 03:14 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Stop the name calling, remember how unpleasant you can be.
It wasnt name calling, it was a psychological evaluation. I can be really unpleasant, and you can be really stupid. But I can always change If I really work on it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:06 am
@blatham,
The same idiots who would have us believe that Hitler was just a performance artist and the final solution was an ironic take on genocide.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:34 am
https://i1.wp.com/www.dailycartoonist.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/nq200417.gif

https://i.imgur.com/HNwSIfb.png
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:35 am
Here's a fun project for all the artists, professional and hobbyists across America who are presently stuck at home in self-isolation. First, peruse the photo below:

https://cdn.talkingpointsmemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/GettyImages-1219817992-558x310.jpg

That's our subject. As we can see here, the man's natural skin color can be seen around his eyes and on his hands. Likely the face is uniquely pumpkin-toned. So we start from there. But of course we have further empirical data on our subject ie his physique:

https://i.insider.com/5d6be7292e22af60370ea995?width=1600&format=jpeg&auto=webp

OK then. That's pretty much all the artists will need to begin. Just one more element will be essential to get right for the project and it's shown in this third image:

https://media.gq.com/photos/5ac68bdf0995d03672949444/16:9/w_2560%2Cc_limit/trump-hair.jpg

Alright then, we're all set.

The task can be completed in the art medium of choice though oils and acrylics might work best.

Here's the task: Paint this man just as he steps out of the shower.

*Note: You don't have to rule out working on black velvet. For some artists, that could work splendidly with this subject.

bobsal u1553115

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:40 am
@blatham,
Just a photo of a bad juggler who can't keep all the balls in the air at one time. Maybe we need a better circus.

https://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/uploads/default/original/3X/9/c/9cc333254d8a7c1e6312d11c7f0e699caca23558.jpg
farmerman

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:53 am
@blatham,
Could you post a picture of Jabba the Hut as well?
blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You naughty person.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 07:59 am
@farmerman,

https://i.imgur.com/0uBUUex.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:03 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I’m on an iPad and can’t post links, but those pictures are from a prank played on Trump by British comic Simon Brodkin.

He managed to get up close to throw those swastika golf balls at Trump. It’s all on YouTube and well worth seeing.
blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:11 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The same idiots who would have us believe that Hitler was just a performance artist and the final solution was an ironic take on genocide.

This Trump worship certainly is an illumination of how some humans can profess a rigid moral code while at the same time excusing the central tenets of that code in the subject of their worship.
blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:13 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Could you post a picture of Jabba the Hut as well?

I believe that visual analogy has been copyrighted by the Roger Ailes estate.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:16 am
This sounds like a Trump hire alright...
Quote:
Brett Giroir, the federal official overseeing coronavirus testing efforts, says that his experience working on vaccine development projects at Texas A&M University helped prepare him for this historic moment. He once said that his vaccine effort was so vital that “the fate of 50 million people will rely on us getting this done.”

But after eight years of work on several vaccine projects, Giroir was told in 2015 he had 30 minutes to resign or he would be fired. His annual performance evaluation at Texas A&M, the local newspaper reported, said he was “more interested in promoting yourself” than the health science center where he worked. He got low marks on being a “team player.”

Now President Trump has given Giroir the crucial task of ending the massive shortfall of tests for the novel coronavirus. Some governors have blasted the lack of federal help on testing, which they say is necessary to enact Trump’s plan for reopening the economy...
WP
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:17 am
@blatham,
well ar you surprised?? All these gods would go around tricking and smoting the **** out of their constituencies and the acolytes would worship them even harder
blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:29 am
Ten years after Gulf of Mexico oil spill, Trump administration weakens regulations

Of course it does. The GOP is totally captured by petroleum interests.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
well ar you surprised?? All these gods would go around tricking and smoting the **** out of their constituencies and the acolytes would worship them even harder

I am not. As Joseph has been quoted as replying when asked about the miracle of the virginal conception , "Vy are you asking me? I vasn't there."
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:32 am
@izzythepush,
I've got photos from Simon's own presser and a photos of him at Trump's presser, too. I thought it was brilliant and can't believe SS let him get that close to the podium and leave the balls laying around. I swear I remember a photo of Trump holding on of the balls and looking at them.
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 20 Apr, 2020 08:32 am
It is so hard to make this virus not be about Trump when he seems to go out of his way to make sensational headlines for the press to write about and talk about. It is also hard when you consider how miserably he is failing us all in this time of crisis. We all know he banned non-Americans coming from China to enter the country. Ok, well and good. There is a lot to say with just that right there but moving on from there he went out of his to downplay the CV-19 in every way he could and did little to prepare to stock up and organize a federal response and was too late on announcing a National crisis and lockdown.

Even now while they're trying to find a good test to re-open the country, he is encouraging folks to break the laws of their state with his stupid tweets of "Liberating" the country. Think about that last for a minute. The President of the United States is encouraging idiots out there to defy their state governors lockdown during a National crisis when we have more death due to CV-19 than any other country in the world. It just blows me away. It blows me more away that not much is made of Trump doing it.