monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 11:43 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
That’s chicken soup for the soul (brother).

Unless you are actually a "brother", and remember all those lynchings.

Very nice.....I keep forgetting you are a foreigner who worships the despicable past of this country and love the idea that our most ignorant citizens are wishing for a return to the past. That wouldn't happen in the penal colony of New South Wales now would it. In fact Australia led the way in the respectful treatment of native Australians..which is why you are so comfortable pointing out the sins of the US.....I get it, I really do, I just wonder why your offspring is making a living in the US? Is his green card still valid? I hope so, because if not, Trump's henchman will be shipping him back to you.
coldjoint

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 11:48 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
the despicable past of this country

And you worked in the government? No wonder this country is suffering.
glitterbag

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 11:50 pm
@coldjoint,
I think it's cute you think your comments are relevant...hahahahahahahahahahaha..that's adorable
coldjoint

Mon 13 Apr, 2020 11:59 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I think it's cute you think your comments are relevant.

It is cute you think you can terrible things about this country and claim to love it. I don't buy it.
glitterbag

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:13 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
I think it's cute you think your comments are relevant.

It is cute you think you can terrible things about this country and claim to love it. I don't buy it.

You seem to be very confused.....but you've always appeared to be very confused and dishonest. Only you and possibly one other member would try to twist others words in an effort to demonize them. It's sad you are so gripped by hate and envy and whatever else torments you. At your age you should be wiser and more self aware. Oh well, better you than anybody else.
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:37 am
Hey guys. This is very good news.
Quote:
Upset Victory in Wisconsin Supreme Court Race Gives Democrats a Lift

A liberal challenger’s surprise triumph over a Trump-backed incumbent demonstrated strong turnout and vote-by-mail efforts for the Democrats in a key general election state.

...The victory, by upward of 120,000 votes as of Monday night, came as a shock to Republicans and Democrats alike in Wisconsin, where contests for president, governor and the state’s high court in the last four years have all been decided by about 30,000 votes or less. It followed weeks of Democratic anger over Republicans’ insistence on holding elections amid the coronavirus pandemic.
NYT

It means that, just as in the mid terms and the special elections Dems are really turning out to vote and in consistently bigger numbers than Trump voters. And that is even given the vote suppression steps the GOP put in the way. So hoorah goddamnit.
Builder

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 01:36 am
WASHINGTON DC – In a stunning turn of events, Surgeon General Jerome Adams explained in an interview on live XM radio, that the Coronavirus Task Force has, effectively, dumped the Bill Gates/CDC/WHO predictive contagion model, and is now working with the real data.

He explained on the Sirius XM’s Breitbart News Daily host Alex Marlow, that given the new data, businesses will begin to re-open as early as May, others in June.

This runs contrary to the out-and-out fear-mongering of Dr. Fauci and Bill Gates who have made a media tour, threatening the public that businesses may not re-open for six months to a year, or until and unless governments purchase their conveniently patented, big-pharma vaccination.

According to Dr. Adams:

“What the American people need to know now is we actually have data, and so we’re tracking that data,”

source
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 01:37 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
And you worked in the government? No wonder this country is suffering.

Is she still hanging around? Lawdy.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 02:27 am
Some **** just won't go away, will it?

0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 06:50 am
Hey coldjoint, Oralloy, Builder, george ....

How ‘bout those Wisconsin Democrats, huh?!

Pretty impressive win, don’t you agree?!?
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 06:51 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
That’s chicken soup for the soul (brother).

Unless you are actually a "brother", and remember all those lynchings.

It was a play on words...
Sigh...

Casting my pearls before swine...
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:04 am
S.D. became a covid-19 hot spot after [Republican] governor resisted issuing stay-at-home order

Well, golly. Who could have imagined this might happen. But she's really enthusiastic about hydroxychloroquine and her phone calls with Jared Kushner.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:08 am
@snood,
Swine are more intelligent.

Builder went from not knowing Australia had an indigenous population to being a direct descendant of the Aborigines in two posts.

Don’t mention the moon landings, you’ll never get away.

The only thing stopping him being a flat earthier is that most of them don’t believe in Australia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:27 am
Did yesterday’s task force briefing really name all of the president's enemies (the media, governors, Fauci, the coronavirus, China, Biden, Democrats)?
What about the Constitution, which limits his powers? Congress? Voters?

Quote:
In his view, he's fighting more than just the “hidden enemy,” his name for the novel coronavirus ravaging the nation. Trump's also battling the media, which he falsely claimed missed opportunities to save lives; Democratic governors who have banded together to explore lifting restrictions; and his own top public health adviser, who used the start of yesterday's briefing to clarify an earlier comment that more lives could have been saved if the Trump administration had acted earlier.

Yesterday's two hour and 24-minute coronavirus task force briefing, a daily ritual for Trump that has become a substitute for his campaign rallies, featured a propaganda-style video that spliced together praise of Trump's handling of the crisis from some of his favorite frenemies — Democratic governors and oft-mocked reporters — included clips of others downplaying the threat.
... ... ...
WP

The ten U.S. states coordinating plans separately from the White House to reopen businesses shut by the coronavirus are responsible for an outsized proportion of the U.S. economy: 38%
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:45 am
So, Oralloy, Builder, Coldjoint...
Are you silently marveling at the fantastic democratic win in Wisconsin? Wasn’t it impressive how they still came out in huge numbers, even at risk of infection, even after many of their voting places had been closed and they had to stand in lines in the rain?

How’s that make you feel about how democrats are going to turn out to vote in November?

I’m REALLY curious about what your opinions are about the Wisconsin election that just happened.

C’mon, give us the intelligent conservative take.
Setanta

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:49 am
@snood,
Wait a minute--you consider the three you named intelligent conservatives? I guess I didn't get that memo.

I look for the fat boy in the White House to attempt to cancel the general election.
snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 07:56 am
@Setanta,
Well, I originally asked george01 also, and Finn isn’t around.
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:19 am
@snood,
I'm a conservative drinker. You could have asked me.
revelette3

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:20 am
@blatham,
Democrats' efforts at the outreach of mail-in absentee ballots had a lot to do with the win. It seems Republicans are not good at that kind of thing.

Quote:
In the end, Democratic turnout surged in liberal bastions around Madison and Milwaukee. Three weeks before the election, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin shifted all of its get-out-the-vote efforts to virtual organizing and absentee ballot promotion.

Turnout in rural counties, which tilt Republican and backed Justice Kelly, did not keep pace. He conceded defeat Monday night.

(from your source)
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:33 am
@revelette3,
Yep.
0 Replies