monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:34 am
Isn't this just the most precious thing
Paul Manafort Wants Out Of Federal Prison To Avoid COVID-19

And no doubt he'll be treated exactly like a black inmate in prison for possession of drugs for personal use.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:37 am
https://cloudinary.cagle.com/image/upload/w_600/cartoons/237710.png

https://www.arcamax.com/newspics/cache/lw600/181/18170/1817043.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:39 am
@blatham,
He's staying. The Federal systems ain't furloughing any prisoners.
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:41 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What?! Is there no justice in this world???
snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:46 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I'm a conservative drinker. You could have asked me.

Mea culpa

But still no response from the forum’s right wing.

What do you think? Recovering from shock?
bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 08:58 am
@snood,
Quote:

But still no response from the forum’s right wing.

What do you think? Recovering from shock?

Still trying to read it and comprehend it.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 09:02 am
@snood,
Quote:
Recovering from shock?

I suspect not. Pretty clearly there have been many earlier shocks sustained perhaps during the pre-natal stage or early childhood or later or all of those and there seems to have been poor or no recovery from those prior shocks. This saddens me. I would ask others to pray for them as God and I have an arrangement where I don't do that.
0 Replies

snood

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 09:15 am
This is hilarious. They must have reached saturation on the amount of bad news they can absorb and spin.

No matter. It was a most impressive victory. And it did bode well, for the November election.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 09:37 am
@blatham,
Occasionally. In this case, you betcha.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 09:38 am
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 10:54 am
@snood,
It’s day.

They only come out at night.
coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:08 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It's sad you are so gripped by hate and envy and whatever else torments you

Nice try. No cigar, I just see you for what you are. You make it quite obvious.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:23 am
Real President, Real Leadership!!!

coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Real traitor, real damage. And now it seems like brain damage too. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Walter Hinteler

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:43 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
And now it seems like brain damage too.
Looking in a mirror is the first step. Now ask a neurosurgeon and a neuropsychologist if they can help you.
Good luck!
coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:48 am
Quote:
Georgia Democrat Becomes First To Endorse Trump, Credits His Work For Black Community

Trump is going to get the largest percentage of the Black vote than any Republican president in quite a while, if not ever. This makes it clear and there will be others endorsing Trump before Nov.
Quote:
Bucking his party, state Rep. Vernon Jones on Tuesday endorsed Trump for the 2020 presidential election, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The Democratic lawmaker not only cited Trump’s efforts to grow the U.S. economy, but also his work to help the African-American community.

“It’s very simple to me. President Trump’s handling of the economy, his support for historically black colleges and his criminal justice initiatives drew me to endorse his campaign,” Jones said Tuesday.

He added: “There are a lot of African-Americans who clearly see and appreciate he’s doing something that’s never been done before. When you look at the unemployment rates among black Americans before the pandemic, they were at historic lows. That’s just a fact.

Look at that a Democrat that knows what a fact is.
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/14/georgia-democrat-black-community-trump-2020/
coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 11:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Looking in a mirror is the first step.

You should not do comedy Walter. You fail every time. Are there mirrors in Germany?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They only come out at night.

The same time all the woman and children stay home so they will not be raped by Islamic supremacists in jolly old England.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:21 pm
Quote:
Trump: The Dictator That Wasn’t

Quote:
An amazing thing is about to happen.

The very same people who just spent the past month and a half attacking this current President for supposedly ordering his record-setting economy to shut down, are about to begin stridently claiming he has no authority to open it back up.

Same people.

Quote:
The criticism that Trump ordered the entire country shut down is bogus to begin with. The President never gave the governors an order to lock their states down. Trump and his national emergency team gave the states a set of guidelines to suggest to them how to handle this crisis.

It is the governors that run their states, not the federal government. So Democrats and their media shills are very deliberately framing this all wrong. Trump didn’t shut the country down by himself. He didn’t order the governors to do this. He also cannot open the country back up by himself, either.

Quote:
Ever since the Democratic Party won control of the House in the 2018 midterm elections, the entire country has been forced to take a real long, hard look at what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her party did with that control.

And now plenty of Democrat governors are being found to not only be incompetent when it came to preparing their states to handle an emergency, they have also been found to be unable to quit playing political games even when lives are on the line.

For once, voters just **might** hold Democrats accountable for this.

They will.
https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/14/trump-the-dictator-that-wasnt/
blatham

Tue 14 Apr, 2020 12:26 pm
Greg Sargent gets this exactly right.
Quote:
President Trump’s wild gyrations and reversals on coronavirus become a lot more intelligible when you realize he is motivated at bottom by a simple, unchanging imperative: Trump wants to be perceived as taking charge of the situation, without being held accountable for the horrible consequences of the bad decisions he has made along the way.

Now that Trump has declared “total” authority to reopen the American economy, insisting he “calls the shots” and governors do not, many commentators are pointing to an apparent contradiction.

How can Trump make this claim after spending weeks insisting that the states are largely on their own when it comes to procuring urgently needed medical supplies? How can he say this after having flatly declared “I don’t take responsibility at all” for his administration’s catastrophic failure to ramp up testing?

As former U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara put it, Trump is basically arguing that “my authority is total but my responsibility is zero.”

But in a sense, this isn’t really a contradiction at all, when you view the situation from Trump’s perspective: Both arguments serve precisely the same overarching goal.

When everything is all about maintaining appearances, with no concern whatsoever for underlying substance, this seeming contradiction disappears in a puff of Trumpian chaos pixie dust. Trump asserts “total” authority to be seen as taking charge in some general sense, while refusing to accept responsibility for specific bad outcomes to avoid being seen as at fault for them....
0 Replies