monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Another nutball conspiracy theory, you're just full of them aren't you. what is clearly a worldwide medical emergency somehow becomes another nutball wild-eyed right wing plot to nefariously turn us into a one world government. You were wrong about climate change being designed to do it, so now its the coronavirus that will do it. EPIDEMICS CAN INFECT BILLIONS OF PEOPLE AND CPREAD AROUND THE WORLD. THAT'S WHAT THEY DO BECAUSE VIRUSES GET AROUND US REALLY EASILY. IN SOME WAYS THEY'RE WAY SMARTER THAN WE ARE. it's NOT A PLOT.Trump spends weeks not doing anything about it,spendsdoing anything about it, ignoring it, downplaying its significance and instead lying paranoically as a democratic hoax,downplaying the dangers, offering bogus happy talk. iIT'S NOT A PLOT. IT'S NATURE. Trump sees it as an attempt to do him down. So do the loopy right, and the world does not believe them anymore. o when finally they're forced to recognize what the world is dealing with, they screechingly try try to turn around 180 degrees, they have a huge credibility problem, and Tony Fauci is far more believable. Trump fucked up and it's his own fault.
coldjoint

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
hes calling youre president a MORON

What hack hasn't? You got anything new? He is your are president too.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 07:42 pm
@farmerman,
don't forget windmills cause cancer.
farmerman

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 08:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
One thing I gotta give him. He was the one who first started the anti-handshaking custom. Handshaking, I agree , is a barbaric greeting supposedly based upon some medieval thing having to do with ones genitals. I really dont know if thats so, I really just made it up.
But Trump always hated handshaking . I met him when we were trying to collect our money for his share of an engineering project my company did for Atlantic City;s water supply.
Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 08:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
what is clearly a worldwide medical emergency somehow becomes another nutball wild-eyed right wing plot to nefariously turn us into a one world government.

It's literally over in some nations, and winding down fast in others. 40 new cases in Mexico, but that's the worst of the worst.

You can choose to follow the MSM on their merry little games, or do some research and reading of your own.

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:33 pm
@snood,
I really wish I had said that.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:39 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Handshaking, I agree , is a barbaric greeting supposedly based upon some medieval thing having to do with ones genitals.

You are on to something.

When I did my Primate Studies with Galdikas, one primatologist's account of baboon behavior caught my attention. When baboon males of the same troup meet, they give each other's penis a tug. True.

So this gives credence to your male intuition, doesn't it?

And since learning this, now I find myself thinking differently about you and me and the rest of the guys getting together on Sunday to watch football.
farmerman

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:47 pm
@blatham,
we give elbow bumps . I aint grabbin some guys dick, ya never know where its been.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 09:49 pm
@blatham,
Who the hell are the GALDIKAS, they Polish??

Polaks dont shake hands, they hand you a piwo (Pee' voe.
blatham

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 10:09 pm
@farmerman,
No problem. Just testing the waters.

Galdikas... Birute Galdikas. She was one of the three women Leaky encouraged to study the great apes... chimps, gorillas and orangutan. Galdikas went to Borneo to study orangs. She teaches one semester a year at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. A rather amazing and unique woman, let me tell ya.
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 11 Apr, 2020 11:37 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Nuking a hurricane .You have to admit though,that that was pretty stupid wasnt it?

I would have assumed, that as a man of science, you might actually take an interest in the outcome of such an experiment.

Though it would depend totally on what kind of "nuke" we're talking about here, given that a nuke like what was used in say, Hiroshima, would consume all available oxygen from the impact zone, and depending on the elevation of the detonation, could likely punch a deep depression in the ocean below, it might just do the trick, and convert a deep low pressure system, spiraling into a strengthening vortex, capable of winds approaching destructive velocities, into a simpering rain depression.

We'll probably never know.
farmerman

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:10 am
@Builder,
Mr Trumps "thought" has a long history as a wacky idea since the early part of the post Hiroshima time.
We have this multinational Treaty called the PNET Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty signed and ratified in 1990 by the US and most of the world nuclar "club" as agreeing members.
There were a number of wacky ideas like building hiiways with nukes, redigging th Panama Canal etc.
The days of wackiness began in the early 1960's when the US st off a small bomb in "Operation Sedan Chair" out in Nevada. It left us with a huge area of desert that became a barren wasteland because of alpha and beta contamination, and may have been involved in sprading some lung cancers among people out there including several of our celebrities (of course many of them smoked )

The science involved is a small reality that the Us Weather Bureau (Now NOAA) calculated that a cat 4 hurricane releases about the energy equivalent of a 10 megaton H bomb every 15 minutes . Include the amount of fallout that would be distributed from the hurricane holding the bomb in and youd have a nice mess down wind so we didnt go through with this from the getgo(Im younger than Mr Trump, Im not the president with all his science advisers, yet I know about this nuke wackiness period).

If you can find the report on the "Atoms for Peace" meetings held in the late 1950's some of the proposals were quite serious and equally scary.

Our president doesnt listen to anybody but his pet rabbit,Mr Fuzzy. There were scientists from NOAA and the USGS that could have downloaded some information of a counter nature but apparently he just let this one fly at a news conference .

I have soome personal information about Nevada Test Site where Georgeob can back me on this, we had (as a country) tried some of the silliest experiments with nuclear explosions at very small scales with the idea of doing "good" with the technology. We found, in general that we can reach needed the needed velocities and force to accomplish certain tasks without that annoying fallout. There are several sites at NTS in which we have these 3 mile by 1/2 mile "cigars " of contamination along the desert. All from some well intentioned but ignorant experiments in which we shoveled a lot of tax money down a nuke lined hole.

Quote:
We'll probably never know
I believe either Sandia or Lawrence Livermore Labs modeled the whole thing in the early 90's and it came out badly on computer. We can do it again today just faster and with more inputs and sweeter colors(There also was an EU model(I recall) that corroborated these findings) I think they modeled a remotely powered submarine that would sail into the eye and all the safety catches would be turned off and it would detonate in the surface of the eye with the idea of moving so much air to quell the heat transfer. Safety concerns forbad a bomb drop from a drone or auto piloted plane because it couldnt be guaranteed to hit the target. So ICBM and plane drop options werent considered feasible.

As a guy who works in science its always good to try to read about who did what and when in the past before we go running off with conclusions.

Builder

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:23 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
We have this multinational Treaty called the PNET Peaceful Nuclear Explosions Treaty signed and ratified in 1990 by the US and most of the world nuclar "club" as agreeing members.

And your major sponsor isn't a member. In fact, can't find anything under that dud search.
farmerman

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:33 am
@Builder,
Well, its all over the internet if you dont believe me. I just did a quick search under the PNET and like 7 hits came up at the top.
You make yourself look a bit inept if you cant operate a cell phone or a laptop.
I was just trying to help , you just want to argue.

Iwill now give you my standard wish for this beautiful Easter Sunday:

Perhaps you should try to find someone who actually gives a **** about what you think about all this.
Builder

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I just did a quick search under the PNET and like 7 hits came up at the top.

You sound like our six year old grand daughter.

Try sharing your find.

You were the one that quoted them intitially.
farmerman

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:44 am
@Builder,
In all cases , refer to my above post.
Builder

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 03:46 am
@farmerman,
Schweet, and while you're passing,.....
0 Replies

hightor

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 04:34 am
Utah County sees 75% increase in domestic violence 911 calls during pandemic

"At today’s meeting for Utah County 911 dispatch, it was reported that we have seen a 75% increase in domestic violence calls. This is not good news and exactly why we are trying to consider all aspects of public health in our response to COVID-19."

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fthenypost.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F03%2F180306-dumpster-fire-dictionary-feature.jpg%3Fquality%3D90%26strip%3Dall%26w%3D1200&f=1&nofb=1
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:29 am
Quote:
Israel’s president on Sunday turned down a request from Blue and White party leader Benny Gantz for a two-week extension to form a new coalition government.

The announcement by President Reuven Rivlin means that Gantz and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have a midnight deadline on Monday night to reach a power-sharing deal. If they fail, the country could be forced into a fourth consecutive election in just over a year.
Politico

Smoothly running democracy there.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 12 Apr, 2020 07:37 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Smoothly running democracy there.
In Wisconsin -it has been said- "voters had to pay what amounted to a poll tax in the form of fear, anxiety and possible sickness, imposed by conservative Republicans on the courts and in the State Legislature".