more birds
than you’ve ever seen
in your life.

~ D. Trump
12/21/2019
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:31 pm
@coluber2001,
So he likes birds, what is your point? He also thinks generating power from the wind sucks and is to expensive and impracticable.

He, just like you, is entitled to an opinion and the right to express it anyway he wishes, under penalty of law, of course.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:34 pm
From a bunch of Republicans - The Lincoln Project

revelette3

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:38 pm
@coluber2001,
There is another one of Melania Trump who has gotten away with hardly any spotlight whatsoever besides, "I don't really care, do U? On the way to visit detainee migrant kids. That was never really explained.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 02:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Talk about fear mongering and hate. I'd say it was refreshing, but it is the same old hate that is the real pandemic.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 03:20 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Yeah, it's a complete mystery. I can't think of a single reason. I would have thought this genius would know.

Your sarcasm hints that you do know why, please share.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 03:37 pm
@Builder,
The point is that comparing statistics across countries is almost impossible because the methodologies used by different countries to collect the data differ. Got it now, troll?
Builder

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 03:37 pm
Not a fan of Icke, but he's hitting lots of nails on the head with this short video.

Builder

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 03:57 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
comparing statistics across countries is almost impossible

In your opinion. I guess that makes it pointless compiling any statistics, right?

Here's the contact page for the compilers of those statistics.

Perhaps you'll share you opinion with them, informing them that they're wasting their time.

bobsal u1553115

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 04:08 pm
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-strategic-national-stockpile-
masks_n_5e8e4bc0c5b6b371812b6403

Oversight Panel: Trump Admin. Didn’t Distribute Stockpile Supplies Based On States’ Needs

Trump health officials said that 3.5 billion N95 masks were needed to respond to this epidemic but only .33% of that number was distributed to states.

By Carla Herreria Russo

The Department of Health and Human Services said the Trump administration did not distribute supplies from the National Strategic Stockpile to states based on their individual needs during the coronavirus pandemic, according to the House Oversight and Reform Committee.

HHS also told the oversight committee that there was no more personal protective equipment, or PPE, that could be distributed to the states because the Trump administration had already sent out its last shipments.

The remaining 10% of PPE is reserved for federal workers and will not be distributed to states, HHS staff told the committee.

“Now that the national stockpile has been depleted of critical equipment, it appears that the Administration is leaving states to fend for themselves, to scour the open market for these scarce supplies, and to compete with each other and federal agencies in a chaotic, free-for-all bidding war,” committee chairwoman Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.) said in a statement.

On Wednesday, the committee published a distribution report created by HHS that shows how much PPE each state received from the administration’s stockpile.

Each state received at least three shipments of PPE and supplies from the federal government, according to the report. However, in the last shipment to states, labeled as the “final push,” some states received the same amount of supplies despite having vastly different populations.

For example, Vermont, Texas and Tennessee each received “final” shipments of 120,900 N95 masks. Vermont has a population of 623,989 people, Texas has a population of 28.9 million, and Tennessee has a population of 6.8 million, according to the latest census data from 2019.

As the House committee pointed out on Wednesday, that means Vermont received about 193 N95 masks per 1,000 people, while Texas received fewer than five N95 masks per 1,000 people. Tennessee got about 17 masks per 1,000 residents.

The committee warned that the depleted national stockpile leaves states with ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks in a dangerous position.

The committee accused President Donald Trump of failing to install proper leadership and delaying the use of the Defense Production Act to address the PPE shortage.

“The President failed to bring in FEMA early on, failed to name a national commander for this crisis, and failed to fully utilize the authorities Congress gave him under the Defense Production Act to procure and manage the distribution of critical supplies,” Maloney said in a statement. “He must take action now to address these deficiencies.”

The committee was particularly concerned about the number of N95 masks needed to address the nationwide pandemic and the number actually distributed to the states based on the HHS report.

Only 11.7 million N95 masks were shipped out to help states fight the coronavirus outbreak ― which makes up only .33% of the total number of masks that HHS estimated it would need to respond to a pandemic of this size.

HHS officials said in early March that the government would need a total of 3.5 billion respirator masks to properly respond to the pandemic across the country.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 04:09 pm
@blatham,
I'd say Biden should go with a moderate, possibly a disaffected moderate Republican to pull in moderates and independents. This is the time to aim for at least a semblance of unity in the country. The priority is to get that git out of the White House.
blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 04:12 pm
Quote:
Fox & Friends host: Business grant money shouldn't have to go to employees because many of them “don't want those jobs back”
MM

Not that Fox is evil or anything.
blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 04:30 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
I'd say Biden should go with a moderate, possibly a disaffected moderate Republican to pull in moderates and independents.

If he were to name such a person, the entire rightwing propaganda system would begin a non-stop campaign across all their media to make that individual look like a child molester. Moderate/independents would be, I suspect, little influenced by the symbolism and progressives would be - for good reasons - seriously pissed. I would be. So I see no gain and great loss.

Further, America is fucked unless and until the GOP is removed from power as much as that is possible. But it is possible. The institutions and norms that they have damaged or destroyed have to be rebuilt and that will take very competent and passionate people working very hard at the federal level and down through the states and local. The right didn't gain its present level of power through compromise but through rejecting it. The left, for some period of time, has to play it that way too. We better set our sights much higher than you recommend not merely to get results but to let citizens know that the GOP has been a hugely destructive force politically and culturally and that government can - should! - work for them rather than for the wealthy.

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:32 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

Further, America is fucked unless and until the GOP is removed from power as much as that is possible.

You do not know **** about America and it shows more with every post.

blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:35 pm
Voices From The Right
Quote:
Bill Kristol
@BillKristol
6h
Hard to convey how repulsive I find Bill Barr's glib remarks about Americans "hiding under the bed." Those who are behaving responsibly deserve praise, as they're slowing the spread not just for their benefit but for others, including health care workers who are at great risk.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:35 pm
@coldjoint,
Anyboy who "buys" a president calmly stating that the "coronavirus will never reach our shores, we have it undercontrol", will buy anything.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:41 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Anyboy who "buys" a president calmly stating that the "coronavirus will never reach our shores, we have it undercontrol", will buy anything.

Anyone who went to Chinatown New years or Mardi Gras was not told to go by Trump. And the timeline shows many powerful Democrats dismissing the dangers. You are being intentionally dishonest which is now a norm for you.
blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:42 pm
@farmerman,
Sure. But windmills do cause cancer.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:45 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Sure. But windmills do cause cancer.

If cancer served your purpose you would be for it. That is kind of hate we deal with when we listen to you.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:48 pm
@coluber2001,
Nah. Kamala Harris is conservative enough for any truly moderate Republican.