monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:20 am
@snood,
Quote:
Stacey Abrams

What are her qualifications? What has she done but bitch about an election she clearly lost?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:24 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Did anyone hear Trump's bewildered response to the high rate of covid-19 cases among African Americans?
Somehow I had missed that statement from Trump. I suspect he'll get a feeling about causation likely about the same time Hannity and Carlson get theirs.
MontereyJack

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:25 am
@coldjoint,
bill barr's mission in life isn't to find justice, it's to provide cover for and extol trump.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:26 am
@blatham,
Quote:
I suspect he'll get a feeling about causation likely about the same time Hannity and Carlson get theirs.

Would that be like you quoting hacks on Twitter for your opinions?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
bill barr's mission in life isn't to find justice,

Really? The Democrats are very worried about what he might find. Durham's investigation is all over Brennan right now. Who will Brennan rat out? Let's hope it is Obama.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:30 am
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/03-Petri-Dish-LI-600.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:36 am
Quote:

The New York Times' Baseless Insinuations About Sanofi, Trump, and Hydroxychloroquine

These liars do not know when to quit. Credibility gone.
Quote:
The shame about the Times report is that it didn’t have to be. Peter Baker, Katie Rogers, David Enrich, and Maggie Haberman could have just responsibly penned an article revealing a debate about a drug's efficacy. But since President Trump talked hydroxychloroquine up, they had to lace in their own biases and weak revelations in a vain attempt to make Trump look bad. The end result is that they only succeeded insofar as they made themselves look bad, and wholly unschooled in how equity prices move.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2020/04/09/the_new_york_times_baseless_insinuations_about_sanofi_trump_and_hydroxychloroquine_488642.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 11:44 am
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c17287820200408120100.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
bill barr's mission in life isn't to find justice, it's to provide cover for and extol trump.
That's the immediate goal for him, yes, but I think he would have nothing to do with Trump at all if Trump didn't provide a vehicle to help shift America towards a highly authoritarian corporatist theocracy. This is the over-arching conservative movement goal and Barr is dead center in the middle of that "we know better than citizens what is good for them" crowd.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:07 pm
If you don't run our propaganda show then we'll hurt you
Quote:
Vice President Mike Pence is reportedly banning top health experts from appearing on CNN in an effort to pressure the network into airing the daily White House coronavirus task force briefings in full.

According to a CNN report Thursday morning, Pence’s office will only permit experts such as Dr. Deborah Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci to appear on the network on the condition that it airs the portion of the briefings featuring the vice president and other coronavirus task force members.
TPM
revelette3

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:14 pm
@blatham,
Every day into this Cornavirus world, Trump and his administration which has been reduced to toadies grows more akin to a dictator administration.

You can't really watch it on local news unless you want to watch news controlled by Sinclare, so I guess (so far) the only place to get your news would be online. Probably work on changing that too. We are catching up with China's oppressive state more each day.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:15 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
If you don't run our propaganda show then we'll hurt you

I see no threat in your post. Your propaganda show is not going to stop, is it?
Quote:
Pence’s office will only permit experts such as Dr. Deborah Birx and Dr. Anthony Fauci

Since when can a VP stop citizens from doing what they wish? Not appearing would be their decision.
Quote:
According to a CNN

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:17 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
akin to a dictator administration.

Laughing Laughing Laughing What has he done that is dictator like?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:21 pm
https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/payn_c17272420200402120100.jpg
revelette3

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:21 pm
@Setanta,
You could be right. I know in my county which is very small and kind of backward, we have 21 cases with a population of 30, 622. (or about) I am terrible at math (you might rightfully wonder what I am good at, lol) but surely that is a lot comparatively speaking?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:40 pm
Quote:
How Honest is the COVID Fatality Count?

I have bought up co-morbidity before. A lot people are dying with the virus, not from it.
Quote:
Dr. Scott Jensen is both a physician and a Minnesota state senator. Yesterday he was interviewed by a local television station and dropped a bombshell: he, and presumably all other Minnesota doctors, got a seven-page letter from the Minnesota Department of Health that gave guidance on how to classify COVID-19 deaths. The letter said that if a patient died of, e.g., pneumonia, and was believed to have been exposed to COVID-19, the death certificate should say that COVID-19 was the cause of death even though the patient was never tested, or never tested positive, for that disease.

Dr. Jensen found this to be irregular and contrary to the usual practice for filling out death certificates. It seems intended to inflate the number of Wuhan flu deaths; it is hard to see any other potential purpose.
The most entertaining thing about the exchange is the shock expressed by the interviewer.

There is a video I cannot embed at link.
Quote:
Can we trust the COVID fatality counts that we are being given daily? I think it is fair to say that powerful forces would like to maximize the apparent impact of the disease.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/how-honest-is-the-covid-fatality-count.php
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:48 pm
@revelette3,
I haven't watched TV for years. I have online access to the news shows I deem worthy/valuable and to a near infinite range of text-based news/commentary. I don't use social media other than here and twitter where I can (most of the time) determine sources. But as many people still use TV news I do keep an eye on what's happening there. You're certainly correct in your perceptions of how the GOP now relies heavily on propagandist operations in media.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 12:55 pm
Here is the MSM. They cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Stunning: CBS Again Caught Using Footage From Italy Hospital In US Coronavirus Coverage

Quote:
Just Another ‘Mistake’?

The media has already been accused of sensationalizing this pandemic. Airing footage from hospitals in other countries and saying these things are happening in the United States isn’t doing them any favors.

After the first incident, CBS offered a statement to the Daily Caller saying that the video was simply an “editing mistake.”

An “editing mistake…” https://t.co/oyowB5B12u

— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) April 1, 2020

“It was an editing mistake. We took immediate steps to remove it from all platforms and shows,” a CBS spokesperson said.

Well, apparently not ALL platforms.

Not only did they fail to remove the footage, but they’ve now used it in two separate reports covering two separate states here in America.

President Trump received heat a couple of weeks ago for calling out a CBS News reporter saying, “There are people in your profession that write fake news.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/stunning-cbs-again-caught-using-footage-from-italy-hospital-in-us-coronavirus-coverage/
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 01:08 pm
@blatham,
The daily indoctrination marathons that Trump is trying to make compulsory for all citizen (loosely between 17:00 EST and 19:15 EST) should be renamed "America Held Hostage". with a nod to Ted Kopple.
coldjoint

Thu 9 Apr, 2020 01:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The daily indoctrination marathons

Are closed now. Our universities has shown students how to panic properly and project blame at the same time.

You have already been indoctrinated, you are immune and ignorant of the facts at the same time.
0 Replies