monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:36 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
TRUMP would have lost because in the popular vote Trump was "runner up"

Given that the same electoral system we have today, saw Obama win the contest twice, I'd say the electoral college got it right.

They may also have taken into account HRC's actions while in her SoS role.
Who would seriously wish for any continuation of that "misadventure"?
glitterbag

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:47 pm
It's now 17:45 hours EST, the airing of grievances and character assassination has begun. All Hail Dear Leader
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:09 pm
Looks like the WHO and the UN are feeling the effects of the global crackdown on child trafficking.

I dare say they'll need attack dogs, and armed troops to enforce this bullshit.

0 Replies

Builder

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:10 pm
Ted Cruz points out the hypocrisy of Biden's switch-foot "stance" on COVID-19.

0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:12 pm
@Builder,
Typical pro-Trump bullsh*t from the Tory who admit to being a Tory. In the 2008 election, Mr. Obama won 52.8% of the popular vote, in addition to winning the Electoral College. In the 2012 election, Mr. Obama won 51.1% of the popular vote, in addition to winning the Electoral College.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:13 pm
@Builder,
You really haven't followed all the results of recent U.S. Presidential elections, have you? No, no. There's no reason to be feeling ashamed. Just take yourself to a research center.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:25 pm
It is useful to keep in mind that Knut M. Wittkowski, whom the last post neglected to specifically identify, is not a medical doctor, but rather has a Ph.D. in epidemiological studies.
Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:26 pm
My apologies to the last member to post. Coldjoint seems to have pulled his last post.
Brand X

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 05:29 pm
The Hill
@thehill
·
29m
Trump: "Mail-in voting is horrible. It's corrupt."

Reporter: "But you voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure, I can vote by mail through the --"

Reporter: "So how do you reconcile that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."
livinglava

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:04 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

The Hill
@thehill
·
29m
Trump: "Mail-in voting is horrible. It's corrupt."

Reporter: "But you voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure, I can vote by mail through the --"

Reporter: "So how do you reconcile that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."

What he means is that voter fraud, where people intend to manipulate elections by buying votes, etc., is done more easily by mail-in voting.

Of course Trump isn't going to sell his vote, at least not in the sense of voting the way someone else tells him to for money and/or favors; so he is not the voter of concern with mail-in voting.

For some reason, Democrats pretend like everyone who votes does so completely independently of social influences; maybe because they don't mind winning elections with manipulated votes.

If Republicans were buying voters away from Democrats, the Democrats would be against mail-in voting as well, i.e. because they would realize it was easier for Republicans to buy votes that way.
Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:02 pm
@livinglava,
What a maroon . . . you always think you've got an answer.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:10 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Coldjoint seems to have pulled his last post.

I pulled nothing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:11 pm
Liar
Builder

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:12 pm
Saw this on social media.

Coronavirus Pandemic, day 35

Hopefully someone is still out there. Not sure I can make it much longer. Missing my cat, Wilson. Poor Wilson. Food supply is improving. Been able to trap some wildlife that seems to be coming to my dry food store recently. I think they are looking for company. Might try and make one a pet. Something has been chewing holes in my toilet paper supply. Butt not so super clean now. Hand cleaner supply running low. Only 50 bottles. Netflix exhausted…forced to watch all 10 seasons of Walking Dead 5 times now. May have to watch Z Nation again. Improvised a spear from my mop handle two days ago. Things are getting desperate. Went on a foraging mission and managed to find a goat and some chickens last night. Neighbours have turned into zombies this morning and have been gathering at the fence making noises during the day. Hopefully the fence will hold up. Lucky my power is still holding out. May be able to electrify the fence. Many places seem abandoned now, except for some zombies. Scavenged an abandoned supermarket for some D cells to tide me over in case the power fails. Zombies tried to attack me but I managed to escape. They seem to be collecting all the toilet paper from the supermarket. Tackled one in the carpark and now have 460 days worth of toilet paper. Staying locked inside, don’t think they know I’m here. Not sure how long I will be safe. Only using the 4G on my phone just in case. Citizen Z signing off……
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:12 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Liar

What post did I pull? You claim to remember when I do not. That makes you the liar.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:16 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Wittkowski replied: “Well, I’m not paid by the government, so I’m entitled to actually do science.”

That from the post.
Quote:
Knut M. Wittkowski, whom the last post neglected to specifically identify

He was identified. You are batting 0.
Setanta

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:09 pm
@coldjoint,
So you admit to posting that. The clown is not a medical doctor. I hope for your sake you know the difference when you need medical care.
glitterbag

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:13 pm
Maybe the mods removed it.
RABEL222

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Let us see. We have to determine whether you or set is a liar? No problem, its you every time. I sometimes think your a Trump clone.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 7 Apr, 2020 08:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Maybe the mods removed it.

Nothing was removed.
0 Replies