monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 08:08 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I wouldn't hate America. It's the best place in the world despite its flaws.
I really think it has something to do with where you come from, where you were born.
For example, I think Europe is really good, but I also think that America is a really nice continent (from personal knowledge I can only say this about about 30 states of the USA)

I can't imagine hating a country.
Setanta

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:06 am
I think many conservatives accuse those with differing political views of "hating" the United States because their passions are such that they hate those with whom they disagree, and ascribe the same irrational emotionalism to them.
Lash

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 09:29 am
@Setanta,
It's a lot like Democrats or DNC fans claiming that anyone who disagrees with the behavior of that group or calls out their religious icons--you know, the Clintons--as having to be GOP operatives or Russians.

Such irrational, emotional dedication.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:40 am
@Region Philbis,
Only one problem, Trump was not negligent. The travel ban was early and Democrats were negligent pursuing impeachment and oblivious to everything else.

There is an attempt to rewrite history and the facts are on Trumps side not against him. I posted a video that takes care of that.
RABEL222

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 10:49 am
@coldjoint,
Says the guy who tries to rewrite history mote than anyone else on this site. Hypocrite anyone?
hightor

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
Quote:
It's a lot like Democrats or DNC fans claiming that anyone who disagrees with the behavior of that group or calls out their religious icons--you know, the Clintons--as having to be GOP operatives or Russians.

It's also a lot like self-styled progressives and Sanders Brotherhood® fans claiming that anyone who disagrees with the behavior of that group or calls out their religious icons--you know, Medicare for All--as having to be GOP operatives or Clinton supporters.
Quote:
Such irrational, emotional dedication.

I agree. It's touching.
coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:01 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
guy who tries to rewrite history mote than anyone else on this site.

Let's have an example, or are you just trolling again? I bet it is the latter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
I think many conservatives accuse those with differing political views of "hating" the United States because their passions are such that they hate those with whom they disagree, and ascribe the same irrational emotionalism to them.

It's definitely a curious phenomenon. There aren't a lot of cases where gays have clubbed heterosexuals to death with baseball bats or dragged them behind a pickup truck then dumped the shredded bodies in a culvert. But there are many, many examples of conservatives charging that those on the left who accept gay marriage axiomatically hate America.
coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:26 am
@blatham,
Quote:
charging that those on the left who accept gay marriage axiomatically hate America.

I do not recall anyone saying that. There are plenty of other reasons that Leftists hate America, that is not one of them. You need to stop lying, which means you should stop posting.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 11:57 am
@Lash,
As I've tried to explain to you before, "Medicare for All" is simply one proposed version of universal health coverage in the USA. Rejecting it specifically doesn't indicate opposition to the concept, only to the particular "brand" which has been tied to the unsuccessful campaigns of Sanders and Warren. Given the experience the country (the world, actually) is going through, the need for universal coverage has never been more obvious, and I suspect you'll see a pathway to it implemented by the Biden administration. They'll pretty much have to, as so many USAmericans are either ill-served by their present plan or lacking coverage entirely.
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Heath, a long–time anti-LGBTQ activist in Maine who now runs Helping Hands Ministries,
This fellow clearly has the spirit of Jesus flowing through him. His web site is fun https://hhmin.org/ Lotsa (and I do mean Lotsa) promotion designed to shift your money over to his money.

Oops. Hang on. That might be another outfit. Checking further.

I gather Helping Hands in some sort of umbrella organization (Heath refers to it as a corporation). Heath's page https://michaelheath.org/shield-of-faith-column/trump-trifecta is filled with opinions rather of the sort quoted above. Big Trump fan, of course he is.
0 Replies

livinglava

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 12:25 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

As I've tried to explain to you before, "Medicare for All" is simply one proposed version of universal health coverage in the USA. Rejecting it specifically doesn't indicate opposition to the concept, only to the particular "brand" which has been tied to the unsuccessful campaigns of Sanders and Warren. Given the experience the country (the world, actually) is going through, the need for universal coverage has never been more obvious, and I suspect you'll see a pathway to it implemented by the Biden administration. They'll pretty much have to, as so many USAmericans are either ill-served by their present plan or lacking coverage entirely.

The fundamental issue is economic. People/corporations with the power to sell pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and care want to keep their income at a certain level of the global 'class structure,' if you want to call it that.

If competition was allowed to enter markets at lower prices, it would compromise that power because some existing health-care demand would shift to less expensive providers.

So until those with power to control drug production, medical education/licensing, insurance, and all the other auxilliary businesses that milk high health care costs for profit decide they are open to allowing regulations that let more affordable competitors into their markets, they will block government and/or market shifts that would allow it.

As long as there are people proposing to solve the problem by using taxes to transfer more money from tax-payers to health care as a way of including more people in care, that creates an impetus to avoid lowering costs, i.e. because more customers paid for by government/insurance mean more revenues, while lowering costs to expand care to cover the same people means less money per unit care.

You might say that taking care of more people at lower costs would bring in as much or more revenue overall, but that would also mean more work and, what's probably worse, is more liability since there are plenty of people who see healthcare as an opportunity to file lawsuits and make money that way.
0 Replies

Wilso

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:33 pm
Basic medical coverage for all is just too hard. Only 31 of the 32 world’s most developed nations have managed to make it work.
coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:38 pm
https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/04/Untitled-copy-16.jpg?w=472&ssl=1
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:42 pm
https://i2.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/04/Screen-Shot-2020-03-31-at-9.29.21-AM.png?resize=477%2C600&ssl=1
They would actually be helping that way.
snood

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:43 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Inspired by Trump, Mike Heath Announces Launch of ‘F*ggots are Maggots’ Tour

Inspired by his hate for Trump. I am sure he will clean up. Haters have plenty of money and misery loves company.

Mike Heath is a fan and supporter of Trump. By his own admission. Are you simply ignoring this?
coldjoint

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Are you simply ignoring this?

No I am not. I spoke too soon. Thanks for pointing it out.
0 Replies