monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

neptuneblue

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:38 pm
@coldjoint,
Democrats don't control the White House.

Republicans don't even control the White House.

You know who does? McDonald's.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:41 pm
@coldjoint,
Who pulled the task force together?......are you sure a task force was pulled together????

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
who pulled the task force together?......are you sure a task force was pulled together????

Decided to troll for awhile? Have at it.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:52 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Failure to act in a timely and concise manner will be his downfall.

The very recent Gallup poll shows 60% of Americans believe their president is doing a great job on COVID-19 response.

source

Quote:
Independents' and Democrats' approval of Trump's performance has increased slightly since earlier this month, tying as the best he has registered to date among each group. The president's approval rating among Republicans was already above 90%, and remains so -- but is not currently his highest on record (94% in late January).
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:55 pm
Quote:
Thanks to Trump's Emergency Order to Seal the Border, Illegal Border Crossers Are Being Deported Back to Mexico in an Average of 96 Minutes from Apprehension

Yes. A silver lining? Works for me.
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/386667.php
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 08:57 pm
@Builder,
Latest Polls

Dem Primary Polls | General Election Polls | Generic Ballot | Senate Polls | Governor Polls | State of Union Polls | All Election 2020 Polls
Friday, April 3
Race/Topic Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 44, Disapprove 53 Disapprove +9
Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus ABC News/Ipsos Approve 47, Disapprove 52 Disapprove +5

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:07 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

True, I'm not enthralled with your shitty "city on a hill" but as a social construct it hardly warrants "hatred". Did you "hate" the USA when Obama was president?

Nope. Not when Clinton was President either. Even had Hillary some managed to cheat her way to the Presidency I wouldn't hate America. It's the best place in the world despite its flaws.
McGentrix

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:10 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

(My apologies to those who find that word distasteful, it is necessary to zero in on Plump's fundamental racism, echoed by his supporters.)

You consider me a racist?
McGentrix

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:17 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
"Nobody knew there'd be a pandemic or an epidemic of this proportion," Trump said March 19 in comments in the Rose Garden. "Nobody has ever seen anything like this before." The crisis is "an unforeseen problem" that "came out of nowhere," Trump said on March 6. "We're having to fix a problem that, four weeks ago, nobody ever thought would be a problem," he said on March 11. "It's something that nobody expected," he said again on March 14. "Nobody would have ever thought a thing like this could have happened," he added on March 26th.

Top administration officials said last year threat of pandemic kept them up at night... More Here

Ask them what will happen in 2022 that keeps them up at night now so we can avoid it then. They obviously have all the answers.

Oh, wait. Never mind. It's just the liberal media finding someone or something to underplay the President. It's what they do now.
glitterbag

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 10:44 pm
@McGentrix,
I think you might be right, lets stop hoping for Trump to help this cover, and get back to Benghazi.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 03:38 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You consider me a racist?

You're someone who constantly supports racists and tries to mitigate or justify their behaviour.

More of a March Violet than a fully committed racist, but racist nonetheless.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 04:38 am
Quote:
Mobile phone masts have been torched and engineers abused over "baseless" theories linking coronavirus to 5G.

UK mobile network providers have warned against the spread of the theories after videos showing masts on fire were posted on social media.

Masts were set alight in Sparkhill, Birmingham, on Thursday and Melling, Merseyside, on Friday.

Trade body Mobile UK, which represents network providers, said the false rumours and theories were "concerning".

In a statement on Twitter, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport said it was "aware of inaccurate information being shared online about 5G".

"There is absolutely no credible evidence of a link between 5G and coronavirus," it added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52164358
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 05:39 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
...America. It's the best place in the world despite its flaws.
That notion could bear some quiet reflective thought.

Many New Yorkers such as Fran Lebowitz and Woody Allen, for example, deem NY the best city in America. Many Texans hold their state as the greatest state in the US. There are folks who live in Wyoming who prefer it to anywhere else except perhaps another locale where you can mistake your friend for a grouse and shoot him in the face and suffer no consequences - even embarrassment.

The French, many of them and for very fine reasons, would live nowhere else. Swiss, in large numbers, are happily ensconced amid their beautiful mountains and lakes and share the American tendency to see themselves as the thoroughbreds of humanity. And white South Africans, when they hear such self-evidently deluded claims from the Americans or Swiss, are so little troubled they don't get upset and spiteful in the slightest degree or treat their black help any worse than usual.

The whole God's Little Acre thing is a real estate con job we humans play on ourselves. And it's never true until we get to Heaven which, I gather, is like a really big cruise ship which is not permitted to dock anywhere under existing regulations.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 05:41 am
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it."

...George Bernard Shaw
blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 05:51 am
@hightor,
Wouldn't it have been exceptionally delightful to have known Shaw.
blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 05:59 am
Watch this

Quote:
Mr. David was stunned when President Trump retweeted a scene from the episode where Larry wears a MAGA hat to get out of commitments in liberal Hollywood, and ends up using it to assuage a Trumpster on a motorcycle with road rage. Mr. Trump tweeted a clip of the fight with the motorcycle guy with the message: “TOUGH GUYS FOR TRUMP!”

“What in God’s name was that?” Mr. David asked me. “That was crazy, crazy. I don’t understand it. I still don’t get it.”

Mr. David’s show is beloved by some Trumpsters because it is so anti-P. C. and because Larry is always raging against the machine. But he told an audience at the 92nd Street Y that he didn’t care if he alienated Trump voters with his MAGA hat episode. “Alienate yourselves! Go! Go and alienate! You have my blessing.”

When we speak about the president, Mr. David marveled, “You know, it’s an amazing thing. The man has not one redeeming quality. You could take some of the worst dictators in history and I’m sure that all of them, you could find one decent quality. Stalin could have had one decent quality, we don’t know!”
Maureen Dowd
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 06:07 am
@blatham,
Shaw had a quick wit, but so did Winston Churchill. Shaw once sent a telegram to Churchill saying that there were two tickets for him at the box office for the opening of his new play. He urged Churchill to come to the opening and: " . . . bring a friend, if you have one." Churchill immediately responded: "Cannot make the first performance, will attend the second, if there is one."
blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 06:11 am
Quote:
Communications show scientists’ alarm at slow initial response by U.S.

Lab scientists expressed dismay at the Trump administration’s failure to move quickly and at bureaucratic demands that delayed coronavirus testing
WP
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 06:15 am
@Setanta,
Brilliant!

You may know this story. Andrew Lloyd Webber was at a London cocktail party, standing and talking with another lyricist/composer. A third person came up and began a conversation with Webber that didn't go well. When that third person left, Webber asked rhetorically, "Why do people take an instant dislike to me?" The other lyricist responded, "Because it saves them time."
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:47 am

https://imgur.com/wFqiG6l.jpg