monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:02 pm
NY Gov Cuomo has made decisions and said things I disagree with, but today, I was happy to hear what millions of Americans heard him say.

He sees that our new normal will never be the same. He envisions a retreat from globalization and moves toward living more local.

I see the same necessary changes and I applaud them.

This is how we go forward.

Grow food, manufacture what we need, maximize the local, minimize the global.
blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:03 pm
Quote:
Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
17h
Trump announced in mid-March that the government was partnering with private companies to set up drive-through testing sites in parking lots. Today HHS confirmed there are only five locations. And none are open to the general public.
Data Here
coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:07 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
And none are open to the general public.

Because the people that have to work are first to be tested. Not telling the whole truth is just like lying. But I am not telling you anything you don't already know.
blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:32 pm
The GOP is the party of Jesus and Christian morals...

Quote:
Amy Siskind Rainbow flag
@Amy_Siskind
57m
Pelosi said she started a meeting last week with Steve Mnuchin by quoting Pope Francis. Mnuchin responded after: you quote the Pope, I’ll quote the markets.

or perhaps it is just the party of money.
coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:34 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
The GOP is the party of Jesus and Christian morals...

Considering you know very little about morals, and probably even less about Christian morals, why even say that?
Quote:
Pelosi said she started a meeting last week with Steve Mnuchin by quoting Pope Francis.

Pelosi backs Planned Parenthood. She is a hypocrite and a liar.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:39 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

NY Gov Cuomo has made decisions and said things I disagree with

Sorry, on an iPad didn’t mean to cut you off so soon.

On radio 4 yesterday they were saying how Cuomo had become the go to source of information for both Democrats and Republicans.

People are wondering why he’s not making a run for the presidency.
izzythepush

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:41 pm
@blatham,
And idiots, and racists, and idiot racists.
coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:43 pm
Quote:
Wuhan Virus Watch: Drs. Fauci and Birx Dispute Claim U.S. Didn’t Act Quickly

There are the experts saying Trump acted quick enough to prevent a lot of deaths.
Quote:
Fauci: “I believe … we acted very, very early.” Birx: We thought it was going to be “more like SARS” and not a “global pandemic” because “we were missing a significant amount of the data” from China.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/04/wuhan-virus-watch-drs-fauci-and-birx-dispute-claim-us-didnt-act-quickly/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
And idiots, and racists, and idiot racists.

And cowards and enablers of Islam, what can you do?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:45 pm
Here's what perfect looks like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUiOipFU8AAEZtC?format=jpg&name=large
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 12:51 pm
Quote:
Michigan Democrat Governor Asks Feds For Hydroxychloroquine Just Days After Threatening Doctors For Prescribing It

Cuomo needs to lift his ban on prescribing this drug too. It is saving lives. I guess being a dead Democrat is not much of a worry because you can still vote.
Quote:
Last week, Whitmer sent a letter warning physicians and pharmacists of punishments for the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine despite a major study recommending “COVID-19 patients be treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to cure their infection and to limit the transmission of the virus to other people in order to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the world.”

Medical professionals were threatened with “administrative action,” with Whitmer claiming that hydroxychloroquine had not met the benchmark for “proof of efficacy.”

How quickly things change. Four days later, Whitmer is now begging the feds to send her hydroxychloroquine.

https://summit.news/2020/04/01/michigan-democrat-governor-asks-feds-for-hydroxychloroquine-just-days-after-threatening-doctors-for-prescribing-it/

0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

People are wondering why he’s not making a run for the presidency.

I'm sure he will. Democrats certainly won't be loyal to Biden just because they made Sanders and everyone else support him.

The Democrat party is just a party that uses whatever individual they can to play figurehead for all the interests behind the party.

Probably that's what Trump and the GOP does too, though, who can know for sure really?

When you have a two party system where there are reasons to vote out both parties, which do you choose to support?
Answer: the one with the better ideology - i.e. the Republicans
0 Replies

snood

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:23 pm
Cuomo has been asked- very directly- recently- several times - if he is considering a run. He was asked if he would do it if asked to. He was asked if there is any chance he would change his mind. The answers were all ‘no’.

Cuomo has expressed his support of the democratic nominee.

That’s pretty clear to me, although I’m sure it will not slow down any of the speculation.
Lash

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Because being able to say things people like and complain about the person in charge is something we could all do.

Even in America, that's not a reason to be president.
0 Replies

livinglava

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Cuomo has been asked- very directly- recently- several times - if he is considering a run. He was asked if he would do it if asked to. He was asked if there is any chance he would change his mind. The answers were all ‘no’.

Cuomo has expressed his support of the democratic nominee.

That’s pretty clear to me, although I’m sure it will not slow down any of the speculation.

He's not going to say 'yes.' He's going to play the part of someone who doesn't aspire to the presidency so they can build up the narrative of an incredibly popular public hero who ultimately accepts the nomination to serve the people who chose him.

If they can't oust Trump with a narrative of such a humble-hero resisting at first but finally accepting the will of the people clamoring for him, what else could possibly work? I mean, come on, there has to be SOMETHING that can win against Trump, right?
snood

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:40 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

He's not going to say 'yes.' He's going to play the part of someone who doesn't aspire to the presidency so they can build up the narrative of an incredibly popular public hero who ultimately accepts the nomination to serve the people who chose him.

Yeah, that - or he simply said what he meant, and he’s not going to run.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:43 pm
@livinglava,
Yeah,

Honesty, commitment, morals....

That's something Trump never had.
McGentrix

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 01:52 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Yeah,

Honesty, commitment, morals....

That's something Trump never had.

Are you saying Cuomo has these values? lol
glitterbag

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 02:41 pm
@McGentrix,
OMG, are you saying he may not be perfect??? How crushing!!!! Not every one can measure down to Honest Donald.
coldjoint

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 03:28 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
OMG, are you saying he may not be perfect???

Cuomo is the governor of a failed state. The taxes are ridiculous and people are leaving in droves. The wrong man to bring back the economy.
0 Replies