monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:06 pm
@BillRM,
You’re goddamn right. That’s exactly what I mean. We’re staying home trying to help save the lives of first responders and our children and our parents, and any asshole thst negates that by flaunting the law without regard to other innocent people can take their chances in jail.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:19 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
This site does not lie because it does not have to.
From the source of your report (v4report):
Quote:
The V4 Report is edited by Bill Ravotti, who has spent the last 16 years living in the Czech republic during the summer months and Christmas season. Bill was the Republican nominee for US Congress in 1996 and 1998. He is a Certified Financial Planner and business owner in the United States. Bill is a former basketball player and also coached a boys high school team to several championships. He enjoys running and watching his daughters compete in tennis, soccer, skiing and gymnastics.

The V4 Report contains the latest news from the EU refugee crisis, the Visegrad 4 nations, and the Czech Republic. This blog is written by Bill Ravotti, an American business professional with deep ties to the Czech republic. Bill’s wife is a native of the Czech Republic. They, along with their three young daughters, reside in the Czech republic during the summer months and own several pieces of real estate there. Daily insights and opinions can be found on Twitter and Facebook under “The V4 Report”.

So what's about the source for "leader" (Führer)?
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:25 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You’re goddamn right. That’s exactly what I mean. We’re staying home trying to help save the lives of first responders and our children and our parents, and any asshole thst negates that by flaunting the law without regard to other innocent people can take their chances in jail.

An all the others such as jail guards and their families an people in jail for other reasons or an had yet been found guilt of anything can damn will take their chances of dying to made you feel good about jailing anyone who stand up for their constitutions rights

I am so impressed with your logic an can only hope you an your family are living near a jail guard family and can share the risk of supporting such actions.
oralloy

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:27 pm
@BillRM,
That's why we don't take them to jail. Just strafe them with A-10 warthogs until the survivors disperse.

These people are not standing up for any constitutional rights. They do not have any right to put public health at risk.
BillRM

Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:31 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

That's why we don't take them to jail. Just strafe them with A-10 warthogs until the survivors disperse.

There people have no constitutional right to put public health at risk.

Let me add then I can only hope that Lash and similar people are living near where you wish to released military weapons my silly friend.
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:14 am
@Lash,
The basketball player who rubbed his hands all over press microphones then tested positive for covid a few weeks ago should be in jail.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:36 am
@oralloy,
Here's the scenario for me:

Some disparate group of strangers is chased by a pack of ravenous wolves, and after running for their lives, the group spots a cave. They all run in and hide. The wolves stalk outside the entrance of the cave, furiously looking for the people, who have to be silent, who don't have what they need, but they want desperately to live, so they accept their situation, silently. Days pass, the group is silent, the wolves pace outside, sniffing the air.

And, some asshole stands up in the cave and says, "I'm tired of this bullshit. I'll talk if I want to. I'm bored."

A wolf immediately comes in the cave and eats the first three people it sees. The other wolves' ears perk up and they walk toward the cave.

Now, I may get eaten in a few minutes, but I'm ******* killing the guy who talked first.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:50 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
oralloy wrote:

BillRM wrote:
So more then the 80000 known deaths not repeat predicted deaths by the flu in 2018 but not all that must more

Quote:
The figures of 100,000 to 240,000 deaths are that low only if we keep society in lockdown.

US deaths could top two million otherwise.

And these figures are only for the spring outbreak. They don't consider the resurgence of the disease come fall.

Nonsense.

Oralloy has this exactly right.

As to civil authorities banning religious gatherings during a pandemic - the nature of the gathering is irrelevant. It could be a congregation of gay astrophysicists. The problem is that tight groupings of humans facilitate the spread of the virus thus critical health consequences for many others outside of those gathered.

But you are right to argue against jailing such people IF that might result in others in the jail population (and guards etc) being infected. That itself would worsen the spread.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 05:56 am
This is important.
Quote:
White House economists published a study last September that warned a pandemic disease could kill a half million Americans and devastate the economy.

It went unheeded inside the administration.

In late February and early March, as the coronavirus pandemic began to spread from China to the rest of the world, President Trump’s top economic advisers played down the threat the virus posed to the U.S. economy and public health.

“I don’t think corona is as big a threat as people make it out to be,” the acting chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, Tomas Philipson, told reporters during a Feb. 18 briefing, on the same day that more than a dozen American cruise ship passengers who had contracted the virus were evacuated home. Public health threats did not typically hurt the economy, Mr. Philipson said. He suggested the virus would not be nearly as bad as a normal flu season.

The 2019 study warned otherwise — specifically urging Americans not to conflate the risks of a typical flu and a pandemic. The existence of that warning undermines administration officials’ contentions in recent weeks that no one could have seen the virus damaging the economy as it has. The study was requested by the National Security Council, according to two people familiar with the matter...
NYT
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:22 am
Quote:
Governors Fight Back Against Coronavirus Chaos: ‘It’s Like Being on eBay With 50 Other States’

A chorus of governors from across the political spectrum is challenging the Trump administration’s assertion that the United States is well-stocked to test and care for coronavirus patients.
NYT

Is it possible Trump hasn't been speaking truthfully because he's been most acutely worried about his image rather than competent management of this huge problem?
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:27 am
Patrick Chovanec
@prchovanec
· 9h
Not good news from France today, which saw +7,578 new confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, a daily record.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:33 am
Quote:
Putting even more pressure on a news media sector already under assault by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India’s Supreme Court released an order Tuesday night requiring news organizations to publish everything that the government says about the coronavirus.

The order read: “We do not intend to interfere with the free discussion about the pandemic but direct the media to refer to and publish the official version about the developments.’’

Anyone who creates a panic can be punished by up to a year in jail, the court said.

The Indian ruling echoes the actions of other governments, who have used the pandemic as a pretext to grab power or impose authoritarian restrictions.

Many lawyers and journalists in India denounced the order as an attack on India’s constitutionally guaranteed freedom of speech, at a time when many problems have cropped up from the Indian government’s severe response to the coronavirus...
NYT

Now, let's just wait and see how long it takes for someone at Fox to suggest this is an idea that actually ought to be considered by the Trump administration.
blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:38 am
Quote:
U.N. chief says the virus poses gravest threat to humanity since World War II.
NYT

My daughter and I discussed exactly this obvious reality three weeks ago.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:43 am
@blatham,
The masters are checking those locks at night... *They* should panic. That constant simmering rage is starting to bubble up.
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:47 am
Natasha Bertrand
@NatashaBertrand
· 12h
The government has yet to curtail exports by US companies, however—roughly 280 million masks in US warehouses were purchased by foreign buyers on Monday alone, per Forbes. FEMA told us it “has not actively encouraged or discouraged U.S. companies from exporting overseas.”
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:51 am
Read this - the slow evolution of a reporter's senior citizen mother who fed herself on a diet of Fox News until reality forced her to realize she was being misinformed.
Quote:
Fox’s Fake News Contagion

The network spent too long spraying its viewers with false information about the coronavirus pandemic.
NYT
0 Replies

Brand X

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:38 am
Duh.

Bloomberg Markets
·
BREAKING: China has actively concealed the extent of its coronavirus outbreak, under-reporting total infected cases and deaths, U.S. intelligence officials say
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:57 am
Trump's perfectness undiminished by impeachment.
Quote:
On Tuesday night, President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t have acted more swiftly in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic even if he hadn’t been impeached, blowing up Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) defense of him.

“Did it divert my attention? I think I’m getting A pluses for the way I handled myself during a phony impeachment,” Trump said during his daily press briefing on the coronavirus.

He told reporters that even though he “certainly devoted a little time thinking about it,” House Democrats’ impeachment of him in December did not affect how he dealt with the outbreak.

“I don’t think I would have done any better had I not been impeached, okay?” Trump said. “And I think that’s a great tribute to something, maybe it’s a tribute to me, but I don’t think I would have acted any differently, or I don’t think I would have acted any faster.”
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:56 am
This criminally irresponsible dipshit finally gets to it

Quote:
Florida governor issues stay-at-home order after weeks of resistance
The governor said "it makes sense to do this now" after President Donald Trump announced earlier this week that the administration is extending its social distancing guidelines another 30 days.
NBC
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:58 am
Note the date here
Quote:
Chris Murphy
@ChrisMurphyCT
· Feb 5
Just left the Administration briefing on Coronavirus. Bottom line: they aren't taking this seriously enough.

Notably, no request for ANY emergency funding, which is a big mistake. Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff etc. And they need it now.
0 Replies