monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

snood

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:29 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

I am glad my dad has always been a loner golfer. Never hangs out with a crowd even in non-coronavirus times. Our church has less than twenty members, with one or two visitors every so often. So we met for just one hour and sat far apart from each other; no shaking hands. Almost all of them are old members. My church has been there for over a hundred years, (for a church up in the hills of KY, that ain't bad) the old generation are donating huge on Sundays to keep it going while they are all still alive. My mom is buried there. Not sure what we'll do if we have to abandon that church. It will feel weird.

(sorry, been by myself, getting too chatty.)

(going to avoid the progressive thread until certain undesirables (deplorable's) don't post so much. Which is why I haven't been around too much.

Understandable.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:32 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
How high is he on the CBS food chain?

Oh, I'm sorry, Lash, I didn't know you were agreeing with coldjoint. I don't think the few seconds of footage were meant to illustrate anything more than covid-19 patients on ventilators in hospital settings. They never claimed they filmed on site in NY or NJ, they just provided a glimpse of what it's like working to save the lives of vulnerable people. Anyway, it's probably better if we don't have film crews in these crowded hospitals, even at the risk of upsetting the voyeurs in the audience. So, are you giving Trump a pass here?
hightor

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:41 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Since neither of you are progressive, why don’t you re-animate the moderates’ thread?

You neo-puritan, I wondered when you'd get around to suggesting that! Well, the truth is, even the "progressives" are too moderate for my liking. Now, I notice you don't complain about coldjoint, layman, georgeob1, and oralloy posting there so I don't see that I'm really upsetting the apple cart. After all, I'm very careful not to push my personal political viewpoints and I try to keep the discussion topical.
Lash

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:46 pm
@hightor,
Yes. I absolve trump of CBS’ filming choices.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:46 pm
Yikes.
Quote:
A new estimate from economists at the St. Louis Fed project total COVID-19 Crisis employment reductions at 47 million people. That would translate into a 32.1% unemployment rate. To give some perspective that is significantly higher than the peak unemployment during the Great Depression (24.9%) and wildly higher than anything seen during the Great Recession (10%).
TPM
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:47 pm
@hightor,
They didn’t complain about the members on that thread.
coldjoint

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:51 pm
@hightor,

Quote:
Unbelievable that right-wing goons would try to try to make political hay with this.

Not as unbelievable as the Left wing assholes who delayed the stimulus bill.
coldjoint

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 02:54 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Benghazi death toll - 4

We still have no excuse for them dying. The others have explanations. And, of course, one has not happened yet. More fantasy, hype, and hate.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:00 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
They didn’t complain about the members on that thread.

The people here who think they are the only ones with something to say actually say the least.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:01 pm
@revelette3,
Stories about how we’re all coping helps. It gives a much needed sense of normality.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:16 pm
Quote:
Germany closes its borders due to coronavirus, except for migrants from Asia, Middle East and Africa

Quote:
What could possibly go wrong? The migrants could also bring in the coronavirus? Inconceivable! Many of the migrants come from societies and cultures with values incompatible with Western values? Why, you racist, bigoted “Islamophobe.”

They are bound and determined to destroy their country. How in the world do these leaders get elected? I just cannot imagine a people wanting to do this.
We need to learn from others mistakes. And for Gods sake stop electing politicians that hate this country. There is a shitload of them going all the way up to Pelosi.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2020/03/germany-closes-its-borders-due-to-coronavirus-except-for-migrants-from-asia-middle-east-and-africa
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Not as unbelievable as the Left wing assholes who delayed the stimulus bill.

A two trillion dollar bill was drawn up and passed in a week. What "delay" are you talking about?
oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:28 pm
@hightor,
He's probably talking about the delay that Pelosi and company imposed on the bill.

https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/pelosi_schumer_mcconnell.jpg
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:42 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
What "delay" are you talking about?

Not so much "delay" as holding the nation to ransom.

Blackmail, is a descriptor that fits the bill.

Quote:
Bipartisanship derailed

In fact a more bipartisan stimulus measure had been negotiated over several days in the Senate and was headed towards a key procedural vote when it was stopped dead Sunday at Pelosi’s urging and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer’s obeisance. President Trump criticized the New York Times for allegedly giving the Democrats cover on stopping progress by running three successive headlines about the impasse in the Senate — the first two correctly blaming Democrats and the third shifting blame to the more vague “partisan divide.” But there was no divide on this issue until Pelosi decided to create it.

Democrats seek to feed Republicans a crisis response bill packed with poison pills, placing them in a no-win situation. Either they go along with this nonsense, handing the bill to Trump to sign, or if Republicans push back it leads to another round of chest-beating and blame coming from Democrats and the media. And the markets continue to collapse.

But this attempt to either humiliate or hamstring the President is so bold, so obvious, so opportunistic and so reckless in this time of crisis, that it can hardly succeed. Americans want to see bipartisanship, they want strong leadership, and they want the cure to the crisis to not be worse than he disease. Playing political games as many people watch their jobs vanish, their businesses collapse and their life savings evaporate while they sit in quarantine, and as others sicken and die, is not just bad politics for Democrats, it is simply bad for everyone.

source
oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:46 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I ignore them with enthusiasm and alacrity. I find it peaceful to see a page of

user ignored
user ignored
user ignored
user ignored
user ignored

It's like walking through a graveyard on a sunny sunday.

In a way, it's pathetic of you to hide from people who routinely out-think you.

In another way, hiding from us is the wisest thing you ever did.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:47 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Like Trump you are a sociopath.

The only sociopaths here are progressives, who deliberately convict innocent people of imaginary crimes, and who think that it is fun to violate people's civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
wrong, as usual.

You cannot provide any examples of anything untrue in any of his posts.

MontereyJack wrote:
NY is not getting the federal help they need, in spite of trump's Pollyanna-ish rosy lies about it.

New York has a lot of progressives. Progressives are evil. They deliberately convict innocent people of imaginary crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:52 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
I was browsing my long list of favorites, came across this:

No Mercy even in a Pandemic: Israeli Occupation Authorities Demolish Makeshift Field Hospital in Palestinian Hamlet

As destructive as Trump is, Israel beats him as the most inhumane nation in any "free society" nation. It is a mark of our indifference towards cruelty that Israel gets away with this crap without a criticism being leveled at them on most of MSN. I don't see Israel any different than N Korea and China.

Antisemitism is bad. You shouldn't falsely accuse Jews of imaginary crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 03:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
you ignore the legitimate conviction of guilty people.

Trying to justify the deliberate and malicious conviction of innocent people only proves how evil progressives are.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 30 Mar, 2020 04:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
blahblah scooter libby blahblah.. he was a liar too. guilty. Conservatives seem to spend endless amounts of time trying to whitewash their guilty compatriots. doesn't wash.

Progressives are evil. That's the only word for it.

Trying to justify convicting innocent people of imaginary crimes is evil.
0 Replies