monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:43 pm
@coldjoint,
You can still organize that cruise.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:19 pm
Quite a lot of voices in right wing media are pushing for Fauci to be removed tying him to Hillary and elites. details here
maporsche

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:23 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Boeing was the subject.

Sorry, your comment wasn't a reply to anything so I wasn't sure.

I don't disagree that any Boeing loans should be under some scrutiny given a lot of their problems could be blamed on their 757 Max debacle.

That being said, it's a pretty major industry in the USA and the world without a lot of competitors (not to mention a national security issue)...I don't know that a loan with some conditions wouldn't be warranted. Arguably they were coming out of their situation before the virus hit the world (and the airlines).
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:34 pm
Liberty University is ordering faculty back to work and inviting students back to the dorms.

This oughta be interesting.
farmerman

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:46 pm
@blatham,
He makes Plump look like a used car salesman.

coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:56 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
You can still organize that cruise.

I can do pretty much of anything I want to. How about you?
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:58 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
This oughta be interesting.

Despite even harsher isolation conditions for all adult Australians, schools remain open here.

This has lead to mistrust, and overall doubt, in the minds of many.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:01 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Quite a lot of voices in right wing media are pushing for Fauci to be removed tying him to Hillary and elites.

Here is what Fauci wants.
Quote:
Fauci says media should stop portraying him, Trump as at odds

Fauci says:
Quote:
"The president has listened to what I have said and to what the other people on the task force have said," he told the host of the Mornings on the Mall radio show. "When I have made recommendations he has taken them, he's never countered or overridden me, the idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing."

https://disrn.com/news/fauci-says-he-trump-not-at-odds-media-should-stop-portraying-it-that-way
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
He makes Plump look like a used car salesman.
And one who knows **** all about cars. It is all making me wonder whether these bozos actually see some benefit from social chaos.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:12 pm
Plump is on the radio talking his economic bullsh*t. It's Ray-gunesque trickle-down all over again--what Pappy Bush rightly called Voodoo economics (of course, until they gave him the VP slot). As several people here have pointed out, corporate bailouts end up in the pockets of the corporate board, upper level management and the shareholders. It won't end up in the pockets of the working class, or even the middle class. They're throwing bones to the dogs in the hall, and laughing while they fight over them.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:15 pm
@Setanta,
They do not change. Money, power and domination of others.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:17 pm
Quote:
Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
Trump on why he picked Easter as the day he wants to end strict social distancing and reopen American businesses: "Easter is a very special day for me ... Easter Sunday, and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

Aside from the raging insanity of such a move, there's the bald profanity of Trump suggesting Easter Sunday means anything at all to him personally.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:17 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
As several people here have pointed out, corporate bailouts end up in the pockets of the corporate board, upper level management and the shareholders.

Let me point out that is rhetoric we have heard for 50 years.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:31 pm
Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller
·
1m
I'm surprised the Fed didn't just hire Michael Milken to run it. I mean that guy knows a lot about finance right?
Show this thread
Matt Stoller
@matthewstoller
·
2m
The Federal Reserve just hired one of the world's largest Wall Street firms(BlackRock) to manage the entire multi-trillion dollar Federal Reserve bailout of Wall Street. This is a ******* joke.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:11 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
This is a ******* joke.

So is the crap the Democrats want to put in the relief package. Do any of these self appointed pundits want to offer anything positive?

This guy Stoller belongs to Open Markets
Quote:
We tell stories about what is happening and what is possible, to give Americans a window into what we are capable of achieving together and a vision of what a renewed America could and should be.

A progressive group that wants to control things, what's new. This guy is not someone to listen to.
https://www.newamerica.org/our-story/
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:34 pm
Has anyone heard Fox or Republicans using the term "bailout"? Oddly, I haven't heard nor seen that. Trying to figure out why. I'll let you know if I come up with an answer.
Setanta

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:37 pm
@blatham,
Apparently, the reactionary meme is a "relief package." I'm sure corporate boards will be relieved if they can get their hands on the lion's share of two trillion dollars.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:37 pm
Quote:
Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
47m
Seems very clear - from various angles - the President is trying to set this up so that the Governors are at fault for what happens in their states. Lots of deaths, that's on you. Economy stalls because you locked down? Good job. That's on you too.

Exactly right.
farmerman

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:40 pm
@blatham,
Nor have I heard that Boeing is Too Big To Let Fail.

Ya know , Every day on the Covid updates by our beloved leader, he seems to spend more time campaigning than making me feel good about what aPainful smothering death Im going to have to endure so that my stocks come back undiminished.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:40 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
the President is trying to set this up so that the Governors are at fault for what happens in their states.

It is not a set up, Governors are responsible for what happens in their states. Where do you find these idiots?
0 Replies