monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:37 pm
@McGentrix,
Sure, I'd tell them because of company greed they let a plane go to market that killed people unnecessarily and when times were good the company spent money that could have been spent making that plane safer and/or could have been in reserves for bad times, was spent on stock buybacks(43 billion) to enrich the CEO and board members. Not that they aren't going to be enriched via the out of control military complex gifting.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:43 pm
@coldjoint,
I don't remember anyone sticking up for Boeing employees after the McDonnell Douglas bean counters showed up and ruined the company. The money will probably go to increase executive salaries, automation, stock buybacks and what's left will be used to pay off the lawsuits over the 737 Max.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:46 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't think anyone minds if staffs get checks to help them through the rough period as with staffs anywhere. The rub comes where highly overpaid execs and corporate board members, who don't need a government sponsored safety net, get shoveled the big bucks.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:47 pm
@hightor,
Yep.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Boeing employs 153,027 people.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:10 pm
Quote:
Democrats Stuck $300 Mil in to Coronavirus Relief for Refugee Resettlers

Have not heard this one yet. Another beauty that has nothing to do with helping Americans or controlling the virus.
Quote:
America is facing a potential 20% unemployment rate. So of course Speaker Pelosi and the Democrats went all in on migrants.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2020/03/democrats-stuck-300-mil-coronavirus-relief-refugee-daniel-greenfield/#.XnnxJnCW9w4.twitter
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Boeing employs 153,027 people.

What's your point? Restaurants and food services employ over 12 million.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:39 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
What's your point? Restaurants and food services employ over 12 million.

What is the Democrats point? They are shitting on ALL Americans.
Sturgis

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Actually, the Republicans do that even more. Their favorite bedtime treat is Ex-lax.
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:45 pm
@blatham,
I sort of agree with the parameters that are being tossed around. Nobody over $75K. I think it could go lower. This is for people who are in dire situations--waiters, people who rely on tips, who live paycheck to paycheck, under-insured.

I have no idea what young families with little children and day care issues and no school issues--how are they even surviving?

It needs to go to the right people and be the right amount for the right length of time.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:48 pm
@coldjoint,
I just heard your hero Trump on your other heroes radio show Lush Limbaugh show telling people like you that the regular flu is much more dangerous than the carnovirus. Don't worry he says, it will go away. Only 320 million people to go?
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:57 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
the regular flu is much more dangerous than the carnovirus.

It kills more people than the Corona virus. That is a medical fact. When Covid19 catches up let me know.
Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:07 pm
I'm all for a $2,000/mo UBI direct to employees who are losing income due to layoffs, but irresponsible corporations and Wall Street buddies getting billions and trillions during this time, NO.
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:20 pm
How come we do not hear about the number of ventilators in use right now on patients with Corona? We hear we need a lot, but not how short we actually are. Anyone? News like that might help the panic that has ensued.
maporsche

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:27 pm
@Brand X,
Which businesses do you think are being irresponsible and not worthy of government loans right now. Just curious.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:29 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
How come we do not hear about the number of ventilators in use right now on patients with Corona? We hear we need a lot, but not how short we actually are.
I could imagine that quite a few ventilators in the US-hospitals are used for other patients in the ICUs. At least, it's done so here (80% minimum).
coldjoint

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
that quite a few ventilators in the US-hospitals are used for other patients in the ICUs

And that means they cannot get a number on Corona patients using them? Why?
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:31 pm
Lunatic makes a decision.
Quote:
Local officials in Lynchburg, Virginia are condemning Liberty University President Jerry Falwell’s decision to let students back into the dorms after spring break as a “reckless” broken promise.

Falwell’s choice stands in contrast to colleges across the country that have sent students home, switched to virtual learning or closed altogether for the school year.

To hear Falwell tell it, local government had fully signed on to his plan to welcome the students back. Per the school website, Falwell said that Lynchburg Mayor Treney and City Manager Bonnie Svrcek “thanked us for making that decision.”

But Tweedy struck a very different tone in a Tuesday statement.

“Liberty University is an important part of this community; however, I believe it was a reckless decision to bring students back on campus at this time,” Tweedy said. “It is unfortunate that President Falwell chose to not keep his word to us and to this community.”

She added that “at no time did I or the City Manager endorse having the students return to Liberty University,” and that they actually advocated for “just the opposite.”
TPM

This ought to work out really well.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:34 pm
@maporsche,
Boeing was the subject.
hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
It kills more people than the Corona virus.

We also know a lot more about influenza. We know it's seasonal. We know it doesn't spread as easily. Many people have a degree of immunity to it. Millions of USAmericans are vaccinated against it every fall. And when we have a bad flu year and hospital beds are filled up we don't need another contagious disease putting even greater pressure on our healthcare system. You act as if this pandemic will be over in a few weeks — I haven't heard that from anyone in the medical community. So why don't you wait until we see what the course of this disease actually is before making pronouncements on its lethality. It's obviously a dangerous disease; just look at the news from Spain and Italy — totally unlike a regular flu season.
0 Replies