monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

McGentrix

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:14 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Usually, it’s just the fake ass liberals around here who try to censure me, so thanks for repping for the Trumpies.

I’m sure you know this heinous threat to my life and the life of my kids will not be met with silence.

I’m not dying for your president’s campaign bragging rights. Neither are my kids.

Your worst take ever.

I doubt education is the business Trump is concerned about as it's more of a leech than a contributor. I am sure the teachers unions have your back and will keep the schools closed.
Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:28 am
@McGentrix,
A lot of mean snark, there, McG.

All states don't allow teachers' unions.
Interesting that you think people don't need education (Trump really likes the uneducated, though,)
Education is a leech. (Filing that one.)

I think YOU need the Xanax. Try to settle down.

I'd like to avoid hundreds of thousands of additional deaths. Yours and your loved ones' as well.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:29 am
CNBC
21 mins ·
The coronavirus can survive on surfaces for up to 17 days, according to a study by the CDC.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:37 am
@Lash,
Well, it took us decades to get there. (And even after more one hundred years, many employers want to get rid of those labour laws .... besides only they get paid for their losses.)

Certainly it would be more than nice, if all the changes in USA could be done within one hour. But I have my doubts you could do it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:40 am
@McGentrix,
It's a very strange view in my opinion to be on the one hand "pro-life", on the other hand to let people die for the economy.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Arizona man dies after taking coronavirus 'cure' Trump touted with false claims
Quote:
Wife survives after couple in their 60s ingested chloroquine phosphate, which Trump falsely claimed was approved to treat coronavirus

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.

Banner Health said on Monday the couple in their 60s got sick within half an hour of ingesting the additive. The man could not be resuscitated at hospital but the woman was able to throw up much of the chemical.

“Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure,” the woman told NBC.

She said her advice would be: “Don’t take anything. Don’t believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the president says and his people … call your doctor.”
hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 07:59 am
@Lash,
Quote:
It’s online, it is local among co-workers.

That still doesn't provide any indication of how widespread support is for an idea. Hell, you had Sanders already elected last fall, based only on the twitterverse, campaign donations, and attendance at campaign rallies. So excuse my ignorance and at least credit me for coming up with the idea independently!

Quote:
Just not in your bubble.

But in my head anyway.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fqph.fs.quoracdn.net%2Fmain-qimg-bf1aabec32443af2c9fe14d5258dbf94&f=1&nofb=1

Try thinking outside your "bubble" sometime!

Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:25 am
@hightor,
Were you under the impression that I was reporting to you? So silly.

hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:30 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Were you under the impression that I was reporting to you?

What are you talking about? If you follow the thread back you'll see we had several exchanges on the subject. No one mentioned "reporting".
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
coldjoint wrote:
This pandemic is as good as gone.

https://able2know.org/topic/355218-4147#post-6975282
0 Replies

Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:37 am
@hightor,
I don't have a bubble. I'm listening to governors and medical personnel from all over the country and people from varying opinions--places who have experience.

More importantly, when I start making sense of it all, I'm not driven by a tribal political party or an elitist mentality that makes me not give a **** for real people trying to survive what's happening.

I have skin in this game. I want to survive and I need my children to survive. You are too removed and too elitist to understand anything.
hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:49 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I'm listening to governors and medical personnel from all over the country and people from varying opinions--places who have experience.

Good for you. Everyone else is doing the same thing. You're not "special" in this regard.
Quote:
You are too removed and too elitist to understand anything.
Devastating — but given your track record, good to hear!
Lash

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 08:56 am
@hightor,
Actually, a lot of people get their news from one source they're comfortable with, so you-wrong-again.
hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:33 am
@Lash,
Quote:
...a lot of people get their news from one source they're comfortable with...

True but even single sources of news compile multiple stories and reports in order to maintain a level of audience interest. If it were just one person saying the same thing all day people wouldn't pay attention. You need to get out of your bubble.
blatham

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:45 am
Given that Lt Gov Dan Patrick is offering up America's senior citizens (and their families and those who care for or treat them and everyone who's connected to all those people) to appease Moloch, I thought I ought to find out more about this individual
Quote:
Originally from Baltimore, Maryland, Patrick began his career as a radio and television broadcaster. After forming a chain of sports bars and subsequently going bankrupt, he became a radio host again, this time becoming a conservative commentator.

...As a talk radio host, Patrick advocated for fiscal conservatism, evangelical Christian values on social issues, and he became a vocal opponent of illegal immigration.[9] He was also known as a populist.[10] Patrick's talk radio career was instrumental to his political rise, including his election and influence in the State Senate and his eventual election as lieutenant governor.[3][10] One notable decision Patrick made as the owner of a talk radio station was to sign Rush Limbaugh, who was not well known at the time, to be heard on KSEV in 1989, via radio syndication.[12] Limbaugh's success as a national talk show host helped raise the popularity of Patrick's radio station.[8]

...Patrick opposes abortion and supported Texas' "Mandatory Ultrasound Bill", a bill signed into law in May 2011 by Governor Perry, which requires women seeking abortion to have a sonogram of the fetus taken at least twenty-four hours before the abortion is performed.[citation needed]

Patrick opposes abortion in cases of incest and rape.

...Patrick supports increasing the number of charter schools in the state.

...Patrick is on record as determined to establish creationism within the public school curriculum in Texas, despite court rulings that such a policy would violate the First Amendment to the United States Constitution

...On February 26, 2014, following a federal court ruling the Texas ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional, Patrick asserted his position that marriage is a union between one man and one woman.

...Hours after the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting, Patrick tweeted a picture of the Bible verse, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Galatians 6:7."

...Patrick is a strong supporter of maintaining Confederate monuments on public display
Wikipedia

So, all of this is gosh darn surprising.

0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:57 am
Saagar Enjeti
@esaagar
·
18m
The enemy of our economy is not the stay home orders it is the virus and the lack of widespread testing
Brand X

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 09:59 am
Michael Tracey
@mtracey
·
6m
India (population 1.3 billion) has instituted a nationwide lockdown with a total of 519 infections. But we're still debating whether Florida should shut down certain beaches
0 Replies

revelette3

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 10:13 am
@Brand X,
Quote:
The enemy of our economy is not the stay home orders it is the virus and the lack of widespread testing

That should be a memorable quote for this time in history.

I was watching the news this morning, the first time since last week, they did a segment on Switzerland. Apparently, they have tested everyone, symptoms or not. It should make a good case study for our scientists all over the world to study up on their data results.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 10:14 am
Just saw this...more to follow:

Coronavirus: Trump asked South Korea for equipment in return for business deals, Seoul says

Donald Trump asked South Korea for medical equipment to help fight the coronavirus in return for promises to give US approval to Korean companies, the presidential office in Seoul has said.
source
revelette3

Tue 24 Mar, 2020 10:25 am
@blatham,
Quote:
which is a piece written by my daughter on her blog.

Wow, blatham, you should be puffed up proud. It should be published. Great piece.