thunderson

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 11:54 am
@Brand X,
Clampdown! I want ran!
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:55 pm
@Lash,
I watch my news either on YouTube or streaming services ABC CBS NBC via Roku. I have settled on CBS Boston, local news, and Bernie for coronavirus information.

The Governor of Boston is an intelligent guy who seems to know what he’s talking about and he seems so much more like a CEO giving an informal seminar in than a slimy salesman working his PR like most politicians. Charlie Baker. He seems to have assembled a competent team.

coluber2001

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Don't you recognize electioneering when you see it. The crooked sob is useing the pandemic for his own purposes like he does everything. Its about him and his greedy what's in it for me government.

Donald Trump is like a carnival barker who's main act is himself. You go inside the tent see the slideshow girls and there is just Donald Trump himself saying the same thing over and over again.
blatham

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 12:57 pm
Quote:
emptywheel
@emptywheel
47m
McConnell bitching about procedural obstruction never gets old.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:02 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
You go inside the tent see the slideshow girls and there is just Donald Trump himself saying the same thing over and over again.

How is he dressed? What do you think the MSM has been doing? Talk about saying the same thing over and over. Orange man bad. Almost 4 years of it.
snood

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
You go inside the tent see the slideshow girls and there is just Donald Trump himself saying the same thing over and over again.

How is he dressed? What do you think the MSM has been doing? Talk about saying the same thing over and over. Orange man bad. Almost 4 years of it.

Yeah we say “orange man bad” a lot. But it’s not about the same stuff. He does nice, fresh stupid stuff constantly.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:12 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
McConnell bitching about procedural obstruction never gets old.

And now the rest of the story.
Quote:
Mitch McConnell Unloads on Democrats for Playing Politics on Coronavirus Relief Bill

Quote:
Rest assured, it has little to do with the bill’s particulars and most everything to do with how their next elections will play out. The goal is to make this a disaster for Trump, and if the Democrats can make it seem like Trump was slow to roll out the help, then with the media’s help, that’s exactly what they’ll do.

So the Democrats are going to **** on Americans again. Making Trump look bad is more important to them and Americans be damned.
https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2020/03/23/mitch-mcconnell-unloads-on-pelosi-and-democrats-for-playing-politics-on-coronavirus-relieve-bill/
coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:13 pm
@snood,
Quote:
He does nice, fresh stupid stuff constantly.

Check on Biden lately? There is a treasure trove of stupidity there.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
Trump is doing more than enough himself to make him look bad, inept, incompetent, inexcusably late to the party and only concerned about his own image. He doesn't need help from the democrats on that score. And the way I've heard it., the gop wants to bail out business and big business while the dems want the help to go to people suffering, more than tobusiness. seems like the gop is shitting on America, not the dems.
McGentrix

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:22 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The Governor of Boston

*snrk*
blatham

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:24 pm
Quote:
"The taverns are fair full of gadabouts making merry this eve. Though I may press my face against the window like an urchin at a confectioner’s, I am tempted not by the sweetmeats within. A dram in exchange for the pox is an ill bargain indeed."
- Samuel Pepys on the plague, 1665

h/t Steve Silberman
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And the way I've heard it.

That about covers any chance of the truth being told.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
If you are paying attention, you'll know that there is a messaging push from Trump, Fox and the big money Wall Street people to prevent damage to "the economy" by quickly loosening restrictions on business's operating, people working and social distancing which epidemiologists insist must be kept in place for much longer. As Eric Levitz puts it:
Quote:
Apparently, the American right's true objection to Obamacare was that it *didn't* establish death panels.
coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:30 pm
Quote:
Dan Crenshaw

@DanCrenshawTX
US House candidate, TX-2

Democrats torpedoed a bipartisan emergency bill that:

-Provides payroll & rent for small business
-Credit to businesses across America to keep them afloat
- Cash in American’s pockets
-⬆️ unemployment benefits

They have no good reasons. Just partisanship. Call your reps NOW.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 01:32 pm
Quote:
Yahoo News
@YahooNews
· 4h
TRUMP: GM and Ford are making ventilators "right now."

AP FACT CHECK: No automaker is anywhere close to making medical gear such as ventilators and remain months away — if not longer https://yhoo.it/39eN0ye

0 Replies

Lash

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:00 pm
@McGentrix,
But, he seems so normal!

( Tell me your dirt)
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:15 pm
Quote:
Here’s the Absolute Garbage Democrats Are Holding the Wuhan Virus Relief Bill Hostage Over

Quote:

Guy Benson

@guypbenson

Via senior GOP aide, Schumer/Pelosi now pushing these demands amid pandemic-fueled economic collapse:

1) Unprecedented collective bargaining powers for unions
2) Increased fuel emissions standards for airlines
3) Expansion of wind and solar tax credits
9:18 AM - Mar 23, 2020

None of that helps anyone with the problems the virus has caused. This is political blackmail at the expense of the citizens. Democrats love shitting on Americans. These three things are completely unrelated to the virus.
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/03/23/heres-the-garbage-democrats-want-to-put-in-the-wuhan-virus-relief-bill/
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:17 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
But there could be consequences to ending the measures too quickly. The recent rise of cases in Hong Kong, after there had been an easing of the spread of the virus, is something of an object lesson about how ending strict measures too soon can have dangerous consequences.

nyt

Undisciplined and impatient, it would be just like Trump to try something this reckless.
blatham

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 02:26 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Undisciplined and impatient, it would be just like Trump to try something this reckless.
Yes. Have we ever seen a US president so reliant upon instant personal gratification?

And he's being encouraged to do this, as I noted, by a growing chorus on Fox. I suspect many in his base are quite like him. Which doesn't bode well for their survival or that of their families and associates. God knows what these people are going to do up the road.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Mon 23 Mar, 2020 03:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

If you are paying attention, you'll know that there is a messaging push from Trump, Fox and the big money Wall Street people to prevent damage to "the economy" by quickly loosening restrictions on business's operating, people working and social distancing which epidemiologists insist must be kept in place for much longer. As Eric Levitz puts it:
Quote:
Apparently, the American right's true objection to Obamacare was that it *didn't* establish death panels.

If you are paying attention, you'll know that the left is trying to cram through a bill that would essentially nullify the 2nd amendment. H.R.5717 - Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020

This is what the left dreams about during a crisis of this proportion. Taking peoples guns from them. Lets not get a crisis go to waste, eh boys?