monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Walter Hinteler

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:30 am
@coldjoint,
The 1918 influenza pandemic orinated in Kansas. Kansas is a state of the USA. Who run the USA? Who resented the country? Thgus is known as the USA-flu (or Kansas flu).
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:33 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
I sure miss that man and wish we had him now

For what? Obama destroyed race relations. Started a war on the police and sat on a mediocre economy to purposely lower our standard of living to give people the idea only government could save them. He was, and is, a traitor and we are so much better off with him gone it is impossible to put into words.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The 1918 influenza pandemic orinated in Kansas. Kansas is a state of the USA. Who run the USA? Who resented the country? Thgus is known as the USA-flu (or Kansas flu

Thanks Walter, now that I know that I can carry on with the rest of my life. What a relief. Mr. Green
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:41 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Hannity should resign and go to work for some other baseboard news service. H e wa the one who convinced Trump that "we have this all under control, nothing to worry about"

Now, without Hannity' help Trump said that "I knew this was a pandemic even before the experts"

We know from WH phone logs that Trump and Hannity talk almost every day. But simply attending to statements/claims from both shows how coordinated Hannity and other key Fox voices are with the WH. Exactly how this coordination is managed and how Fox execs (and Murdoch) isn't clear but the fact of it is easily evident. And as we all know, Trump does take cues from Fox broadcasts regularly.

Most people assumed that the removal and death of Ailes would or could change this relationship but if anything it has become even more acute than previously. To this point, the Murdochs have clearly decided to continue backing Trump and the GOP and serving as a state propaganda operation.

Fox is Murdoch's big money maker, of course. But as the Fox audience's median age is 65 they are particularly susceptible to the virus being "reported" on by Hannity etc. So Murdoch's calculation on continuing support for Trump is going to have repercussions he must comprehend. Part of that calculation might well be that with Fox gaslighting in tandem with the WH they can maybe get across the November threshold and grab a second term. Murdochs might feel they have no other option. Murdoch and Trump are both sociopaths so that's certainly possible and it's probably likely.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:45 am
Quote:
Reports: China knew about coronavirus in Dec., covered it up and now the world has it

Quote:
Chinese medical experts were concerned when they first encountered the novel coronavirus outbreak coming out of a Wuhan animal market in December 2019, but government officials put gag orders on them and destroyed early data, new reports indicate.[

China has demonized itself.

Quote:
World Health Organization (WHO)

@WHO

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China🇨🇳.

The WHO should be demonized too for that deadly lie.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/03/reports-china-knew-about-coronavirus-in-dec-covered-it-up-and-now-the-world-has-it/
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:53 am
@hightor,
Quote:
What purpose does it serve other than to demonize the country and its citizens? Come on, you guys love to do this. Remember how you all criticized #44 for not explicitly identifying terrorists as "Islamic"? I think you're doing the same thing here, only with a country instead of a religion.

Yes. It's salutary to remember that Republicans, by nature of their business ties, have sophisticated marketing expertise. Recall this example:
Quote:
Following up, Andy Card, the White House chief of staff, explained on Sept. 7 why the anti-Iraqi campaign had gone into high gear. “From a marketing point of view, you don’t introduce new products in August,” Card said in discussing the rollout of the coming war.

And in marketing (or propaganda) it's well understood that personalizing (putting a face to) any product, issue or propaganda message works because human brains respond to this far more directly and immediately than when it is merely an abstraction.

And, as you point out, relating your message to some pre-existing negative sentiments/beliefs/responses in your target audience works in a similar fashion.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:08 pm
@coldjoint,
All of those charges are simply false. Joint has a severe case of ODS.
Baldimo

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:12 pm
@coldjoint,
At least he talked to our enemies and the media nicely...
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:14 pm
Just earlier, Trump lost it at the press conference in responding to questions from NBC's Peter Alexander. The video came up on my twitter feed but you should be able to find it now or soon elsewhere.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
All of those charges are simply false.

No they are not. I have sourced articles that prove them without a doubt. You never produce a source you just run your mouth.
blatham

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:21 pm
@blatham,
Trump said this as well
Quote:
"I am a man that comes from a very positive school when it comes to in particular one of these drugs. And we'll see how it works out"

He's from a school. Years, he's spent years delving into biochemistry and virology and supports a particular school of thought.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:23 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
he's spent years delving into biochemistry and virology and supports a particular school of thought.

Have you? What do you know besides rhetoric and propaganda and hate?
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 12:45 pm
@coldjoint,
Pulling more shyt out of your ass? No one believes a word you post, not even the other conservatives on this site. They only back you because they lack the ability to recognize truth.
coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:05 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
No one believes a word you post, not even the other conservatives on this site.

Sorry, that is just not true. Anything else?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:38 pm
Quote:
TRUMP TO REPORTER: ‘American People Are Looking for Answers and Hope… You’re Doing Sensationalism’

Quote:
President Trump called-out a single reporter during his daily Coronavirus press briefing Friday; saying the journalist was promoting “sensationalism” at a time when the American people are “looking for answers and hope.”

“Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions who are scared right now. What do you say to Americans who are watching right now who are scared,” asked one reporter.

“I’d say that you’re a terrible reporter. I think it’s a very nasty question and I think it’s a very bad signal that you’re putting out to the American people. The American people are looking for answers and they’re looking for hope. You’re doing sensationalism,” said the President. “That’s really bad reporting, you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism.”

That reporter was Peter Alexander. I thought someone mentioned it but cannot find the post.
https://hannity.com/media-room/trump-to-reporter-american-people-are-looking-for-answers-and-hope-youre-doing-sensationalism/?utm_source=socialflow
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:40 pm
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/image-15.png
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 01:50 pm
Quote:
Taiwan Says It Warned WHO About Coronavirus In December, But Its Warnings Were Ignored

I posted an article when this crap started about how corrupt the WHO is.
Quote:
Taiwan is blaming the World Health Organization’s relationship with China for its failure to act on early warnings of human-to-human transmission of coronavirus.

Taiwanese health officials alerted the WHO of the infectivity of coronavirus in late December, but the organization failed to report the claims to other countries, according to a Financial Times report.

Weeks after receiving Taiwan’s warning, on Jan. 14, the WHO repeated China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans.

Globalism in action.
https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2020/03/taiwan-says-it-warned-who-about-coronavirus-in-december-but-its-warnings-were-ignored/
Walter Hinteler

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 02:26 pm
@coldjoint,
From the original FT report
Quote:
Despite the criticism, the WHO has impressed many medical professionals and public health experts with its speed and effectiveness.

“The WHO has filled its leadership role admirably,” said Mark Woolhouse, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at Edinburgh University. “Though you could quibble a bit about timings, they have done all the right things so far.”

0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 03:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Of course, the U.S., in its usual fashion quickly allowed Spain to take the main blame. It was Spain's fault, only in that their media was concerned and wise enough to report what was happening. If it had been named The Kansas Flu, Woodrow Wilson's legacy would have been ruined.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 20 Mar, 2020 03:14 pm
@Sturgis,
Spain was neutral and had an uncensored press.
(I recall that maternal grandparents still called it the "Blitz catarrh" - grandfather obviously opposed the other German term from the WWI period "Flanders fever", because he had suffered three gas attacks there.)
0 Replies