monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

tsarstepan

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 12:53 pm
(Un)president Trump to the United States states:
Quote:
"We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves." President Trump told governors to try to get ventilators and other equipment on their own.

Breaking News
AKA It's not the Federal Government's job to do its job in the time of crisis. That the states need to fend for themselves.

I wonder if this is going to hit Trump's Red States harder since they tend to have much smaller state budgets.
Brand X

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
He realized the rest of the country was ahead of him in the crisis anyway.
0 Replies

livinglava

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

(Un)president Trump to the United States states:
Quote:
"We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves." President Trump told governors to try to get ventilators and other equipment on their own.

Breaking News
AKA It's not the Federal Government's job to do its job in the time of crisis. That the states need to fend for themselves.

I wonder if this is going to hit Trump's Red States harder since they tend to have much smaller state budgets.

What's more important? Arguing about whose responsibility it is, or getting enough ventilators to save lives if possible?
tsarstepan

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:11 pm
@livinglava,
Many states don't have the purchasing power to get what they need. They're going to now fight neighboring states for limited resources. We don't need that. We need the steady bully hand of the Federal government to help the weaker states get what they need.

NY state and California state? We got our butt covered. We'll be fine. Many other smaller states...? Not so much. Not that difficult. We really don't need to turn this into a Hunger Games between the states.
revelette3

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
We need the steady bully hand of the Federal government to help the weaker states get what they need.

Unfortunately, we are under the charge of folks who don't believe in the government and have sought out to weaken it every chance they got.
revelette3

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hopefully, the rain won't flub up planting season and we in the red states can start putting a garden out in our yards. It has rained all winter and barely got cold.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:35 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I expose your bullsh*t all the time, you're just incapable of admitting that you're almost always wrong.

Oralloy is not always wrong. Very seldom is he wrong. You have bitten off more than you can chew, enjoy.
MontereyJack

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:43 pm
@coldjoint,
On the contrary he's mostly wrong but blind to it. Rather surprisingly he's been good on coronavirus.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 01:45 pm
@revelette3,
Quote:
Unfortunately, we are under the charge of folks who don't believe in the government and have sought out to weaken it every chance they got.

Sanctuary cities are eliminating cash bail. Does that weaken a governments job to protect citizens and enforce the laws? It does. Trump is not weakening anything. He is doing what the Federal government can do.

The Federal government is not here to wipe your ass. They cannot do everything and our system is designed so they do not have to.
0 Replies

Brand X

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 03:16 pm

Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
· 1h
From an ER doc in New York City on shift today:

“Today. Is. F’ing. Nuts. It kinda blew up here. And sending home lots of people undoubtedly positive because we don’t test on discharged patients. This has been spreading a long time.”
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 05:04 pm
Just curious if this google search brings up the same results in the USA.

Type in "democrat party". Here's my search results.
coldjoint

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 05:11 pm
@Builder,

Quote:
Type in "democrat party".

The rat is a nice touch.
Builder

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 05:20 pm
@coldjoint,
LOL. Should have taken a screen shot.

It seems to have vanished.

0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
On the contrary he's mostly wrong but blind to it.

I'm curious. How does your mind avoid confronting the reality of your inability to provide any examples of anything that I am wrong about?

MontereyJack wrote:
Rather surprisingly he's been good on coronavirus.

I'm good at all facts. It's a natural talent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:15 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Letitia James is the Attorney General who has vowed to go after Trump if he loses. I like her.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their abuse of the law to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with their demented ideology.
MontereyJack

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 09:58 pm
@oralloy,
The law is precisely designed to convict crooks and stop out bad stuff. That's what it's been doing. It's just unfortunate that the guys youu keep trying to defend are the bad guys. Nok witch hunt. Just the truth.
MontereyJack

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:00 pm
@oralloy,
We all keep providing such evidence. You ignore it.. You're the one who's wrong. Incessantly.
oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
We all keep providing such evidence. You ignore it..

No you don't. You talk and you talk and you talk, but you never try to back up any of your accusations against me.

MontereyJack wrote:
You're the one who's wrong. Incessantly.

Your inability to provide any examples of untrue statements in my posts is evidence that your claims about me are wrong.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The law is precisely designed to convict crooks and stop out bad stuff. That's what it's been doing. It's just unfortunate that the guys youu keep trying to defend are the bad guys. Nok witch hunt. Just the truth.

No, when you abuse the law to try to harm people who disagree with you, that's a witch hunt.

And outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to those witch hunts.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:53 pm
Anybody here other than me trying to keep up with the saga of the Hildabeast?? Evidence indicates she may actually be going down prior to November:

https://youtu.be/yWxrjRFz8kU

IF that were to happen, the situation for the demmunist party would become downright comical in that they'd no longer have Hilda as a final fallback position when Joe and Hunter-Gatherer Biden end up in some Ukrainian prison and Benjie Sanders comes apart the way Chuck Berry described...

https://youtu.be/oMSp7NqBr7E