monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 05:25 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
Don't worry if you can't get a #coronavirus test, the Fed just cut rates.

So he wants people to suffer economically because there are not enough tests? Anything else he wants?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 05:26 pm
@oralloy,
No, Slick, the pistol grip makes it possible to control the weapon while firing fully automatic. I qualified with the M-14 in basic training in late winter, 1970, and with the M-16 in the spring of 1970. I qualified expert with the M-14, getting 78 of the possible 82 targets, with five clips--two with 19 rounds and three with 18 rounds, for a total of 92 rounds. I even knocked down the four 300 meter targets of the poor sap in the lane next to me--he would never have qualified otherwise, he could barely carry that rifle. I hit all four of my 350 meter targets, which is nearly 400 yards away. I admit I was lucky that there was a light dusting of snow which made it easier to spot the targets as they popped up. The M-14 is a beautiful weapon. The M-16 is for pussies whose only skill is squeezing a trigger and holding it down.

Weapons follow the direction of the ejected cartridge. In the M-16s we were issued in 1970, that was to the right, and slightly upward. Even with the pistol grip, if you pull the trigger and hold it down, you spray rounds in an arc to the upper right. If you pulled the trigger on an M-14 and held it down, you'd probably bust you own nose, because it ejects the round almost straight up.

As always, you offer your opinion, and claim it is fact. People want to see pistol grips outlawed because they facilitate the use of converted semi-automatic weapons on a fully automatic setting. That's perfectly reasonable, and is not done, in your sickly phrase, for sadistic pleasure. Really, you should seek professional mental health counseling.
RABEL222

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 05:39 pm
Governor's are postponing primaries. Think Trump will postpone the election till 2024 using the carnivorous as an excuse?
roger

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 06:12 pm
@RABEL222,
Well, he might try it. No telling what that man will get away with.
Brand X

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 06:25 pm

Ryan Grim
@ryangrim
·
1m
CNN asking what consequences China should face is next-level American exceptionalism. The USA is the global weak link in the response, and Trump is trying to monopolize and profit from a vaccine. This rogue state is in no position to point fingers.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 07:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Think Trump will postpone the election till 2024 using the carnivorous as an excuse?

He will be using meat-eaters as an excuse? Is that you Joe?
0 Replies

livinglava

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 07:17 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You think he could get away with not calling off elections if the threat of contamination is still significant?

He might get accused of war-crimes if elections are used to lure people into the polls as a contamination-trap.

He basically has to call off everything he can to prevent unnecessary contamination at this point, doesn't he?
coldjoint

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:02 pm
Quote:
President Trump advises Americans: ‘Relax, we’re doing great’

He is the most informed man in the world. I say we listen to him.
https://www.oann.com/president-trump-addresses-panic-buying-airport-screenings-amid-covid-19-outbreak/
roger

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:15 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

roger wrote:

You think he could get away with not calling off elections if the threat of contamination is still significant?

He might get accused of war-crimes if elections are used to lure people into the polls as a contamination-trap.

He basically has to call off everything he can to prevent unnecessary contamination at this point, doesn't he?

Well, one excuse is almost as good as another. Too bad he thinks it's just another flu.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:31 pm
@roger,
There's always remote voting and absentee voting. Just extend it to the whole country.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:34 pm
@coldjoint,
He is also high up on the list of liars, maybe the league leader in liars. Clearly you love him for that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
As always, you offer your opinion, and claim it is fact.

You cannot provide any examples of me having ever done this.

Setanta wrote:
People want to see pistol grips outlawed because they facilitate the use of converted semi-automatic weapons on a fully automatic setting.

The notion that progressives want to impede people's ability to control recoil on semi-auto weapons because of an infinitesimal chance that the weapons will be converted to full-auto is pretty unrealistic.

First, such conversions are hardly a pressing problem. They are very rare. It is hardly a subject of great concern.

Second, if progressives were actually concerned over conversions to full-auto, then instead of making it harder to control recoil on semi-auto weapons that are unlikely to ever be converted, they would just try to restrict access to the specialized machine gun parts that are necessary for such conversions.

Setanta wrote:
That's perfectly reasonable,

It never fails that people who oppose civil liberties invoke terms like reason or common sense.

Setanta wrote:
and is not done, as you sickly phrase, for sadistic pleasure.

The only proposed motivation for progressive attempts to violate people's civil liberties that aligns with the facts is that progressives derive sadistic pleasure from doing so.

Setanta wrote:
Really, you should seek professional mental health counseling.

No need. Posting facts does not inflict any mental injuries on me.

---

The fact that I did not challenge the claim about pistol grips controlling recoil should not be read by anyone as an endorsement of that claim.

The fact that I did not challenge the claim about recoil aligning with ejected cartridges should not be read by anyone as an endorsement of that claim.
coldjoint

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 08:56 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Too bad he thinks it's just another flu.

It is not much more than that.
oralloy

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 09:01 pm
@coldjoint,
COVID-19 has been estimated to be ten times as lethal as a bad flu season.

It's not a doomsday virus that is going to wipe out humanity, but it's something to take seriously.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 09:16 pm
@oralloy,
I provided evidence of that again and again. You claimed that the first crusade was launched to prevent an invasion of Europe. In fact, the Franks invaded the middle east. You claimed the United States Army Air Forces did not fire bomb Dresden. I provided and linked evidence from the Air Force's Historical Division that on February 14 and 15, 1945, the Eighth United States Army Air Force dropped almost 1500 tons of incendiary bombs on Dresden. Here you claim that the only explanation for an objection to pistol grips on what is otherwise an assault rifle is that "progressives" (a term which certainly does not describe me) derive sadistic pleasure from doing so. That is an opinion, not a fact. You habitually repeat your opinions a few time, and them begin calling the facts. I also did not say that the pistol grip "controls recoil," I just pointed out that it makes if easier to control the weapon. So you add distortions to your bag of tricks. I already pointed out that one can fire the M-16 on fully automatic, because of the pistol grip. The likelihood that after two or three rounds, the spray of bullets is going to be out of the shooters control does not alter the case. You certainly cannot pull off something like that with an M-14.

When you were a member of the Army, the Navy or the Marine Corps, what was your score on the rifle range? How often have you fired an M-16 on the fully automatic setting? How many times did you attempt to fire an M-14 (with no pistol grip) on the fully automatic setting? Your so full of sh*t your eyes must be brown.
oralloy

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 09:34 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I provided evidence of that again and again.

No you haven't.

Setanta wrote:
You claimed that the first crusade was launched to prevent an invasion of Europe.

No I didn't. I said that the Crusades were legitimate wars of justified self defense against Islamic aggression, and there was nothing exploitative about them.

I do however agree that the Muslims would have been happy to invade Europe if the Byzantine Empire had not stood in their way.

Setanta wrote:
You claimed the United States Army Air Forces did not fire bomb Dresden.

No I didn't. I said that they focused on striking the railyards, and were not in any way responsible for the infamous firestorm that destroyed the city.

Setanta wrote:
Here you claim that the only explanation for an objection to pistol grips on what is otherwise an assault rifle

Semi-auto-only rifles are not in any way assault rifles.

Assault rifles are capable of either full-auto or burst fire.

Setanta wrote:
is that "progressives" (a term which certainly does not describe me) derive sadistic pleasure from doing so. That is an opinion, not a fact.

The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation proves that it is a fact.

Setanta wrote:
You habitually repeat your opinions a few time, and them begin calling the facts.

You cannot provide any examples of me having ever done such a thing.

Setanta wrote:
I also did not say that the pistol grip "controls recoil," I just pointed out that it makes if easier to control the weapon. So you add distortions to your bag of tricks.

What other control over a full-auto weapon might you be talking about pistol grips providing, if not control over recoil?

Setanta wrote:
Your so full of sh*t your eyes must be brown.

You cannot provide any examples of any facts that I am wrong about.
MontereyJack

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 09:47 pm
@coldjoint,
When the seasonal flue death rate is around 0.1 % and the coronavirus death rate is around 3.%, it's not just another flu. It is in fact around twenty or thirty times as deadly. Big difference, contra you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 10:21 pm
@oralloy,
Bullsh*t as usual. The crusades ostensibly were to recover the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, but that was merely an excuse. The Franks went for one reason, and one reason only, and that was to take land. That crusade was grossly exploitative. Read up on the so-called Peoples' Crusade sometime. Accounts of the numbers of peasants suckered into that crusade vary from about 20,000 to 40,000--but whatever the true number was, only about 3000 of them survived. After the Arabs took down the Sasanian Empire in the seventh century, they got their collective ass kicked in attempting to attack the Roman Empire. (Byzantine Empire is an historian's term--no such empire ever existed under that name, they called themselves the Roman Empire, quite justifiably.) It was the Seljuk Turks who (allegedly) "defiled" Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Under Arab leadership, an army largely made up of Berbers, some recently converted to Islam, and others remaining, at least nominally, Christians, who invaded what we call Spain at the beginning of the eighth century. Your treating Muslims as some kind of monstrous monolith is typical of your ingrained bigotry.

The Eighth United States Army Air Force bombed Dresden over the course of two days:

Quote:
Between 13-15 February 1945, over a thousand heavy bombers of the Royal Air Force and the U.S. 8th Air Force struck the city of Dresden in eastern Germany. On the night of 13 February, the British bombers created a firestorm which engulfed the city's center. The 8th Air Force's B-17s, sent to Dresden to bomb its rail yards, attacked over the next two days. The two waves of American bombers restarted fires throughout the city and added to the destruction. (emphasis added)

Source at the Air Force Historical Support Division

You originally denied that the USAAF firebombed Dresden. Now you're up to one of your usual tricks, rewriting the history of your manure spreading at this site.

I've already provided abundant evidence of your bullsh*t. I'm not a trick pony who is obliged to perform whenever you trot out your bag of lies. That you are constitutionally incapable of ever admitting that you are wrong is not evidence that your opinions are facts. Claiming that no one can provide an alternate explanation for banning pistol grips--which I have done--besides being bullsh*t, does not establish your moronic explanation. Pistol grips on assault rifles are an attempt to control the weapon for the purpose of directing fire. AR-15 both have pistol grips and can easily be modified to fire in an automatic mode.

Farmerman should get down you to his farm. You spread so much bullsh*t he could get bumper crops just by having you over for the weekend after he plants.
coldjoint

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 11:19 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Your treating Muslims as some kind of monstrous monolith is typical of your ingrained bigotry.

Do you know what the "ummah" is? He is talking about Islam not Muslims. And Islam is the aggressor, it was made that way. The sheer intolerance of any other way of life that Islam teaches and the hate it glorifies is a serious problem no one wants to acknowledge.
glitterbag

Sun 15 Mar, 2020 11:39 pm
@coldjoint,
But we always have you.