@brianschatz
· 1h
Republicans are refusing to pass a bill that has
- free coronavirus testing
- paid emergency medical leave
- extended unemployment insurance
- food assistance
- help for health care workers.
Call their offices, tell them to get their **** together and do it. Thanks.

Damned good idea. I can't call but the rest of you can.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:37 am
Quote:
I know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. If you're not on drugs. you're stupid.

This is a show of how weak minded you really are.

Quote:
I didn't disappear. Once again, your imagination has the best of you. Or the drugs do.

Yes you did, and you are now lying. Here's the proof of your lies:
Quote:
Caption The Cartoon Part Deux
Thu 15 Aug, 2019 07:58 am - Hair today and gone tommorrow.... (view)
'Bye.
Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:49 am - I keep my bets. Regarding tRump's win: better start hoarding. Better get armed. "I retract none of the warnings that I issued about the likelihood of catastrophe and crisis on his watc... (view)

https://able2know.org/user/bobsal_u1553115/#myRecentPosts

A nice big gap in your postings from Nov 9th 2016, until Aug 15th 2019, that's almost 2 years of no posts. Now are you going to continue to lie or are you going to be honest? Like I said, you disappeared after the election and didn't show up again until the primaries really got started. What sort of Russian plant are you?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:42 am
@blatham,
I admit I enjoyed it. In the the '60's that would have been my girlfriend.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:44 am
@Baldimo,
Which proves exactly what, dingbat?

if you're so offended why don't you teach me a terrible lesson and organize A2K to ignore me???
blatham

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:44 am
Fox and Friends today:
Quote:
"The president's gotten the country healthy, healthy enough of course to withstand this, and even to lead the way in overcoming it"

What? How did that happen? When did it happen? Did the WH publish his food choices and exercise regimen? Has he been putting Silver Solution in Trump wine? Is pussy-grabbing like a calisthenic? Do cucumber slices on your eyes while in the tanning bed exude nutrient sparkles?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:46 am
Trump only banned countries that don't have Trump Resorts!!!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-travel-europe-resorts-126808

coronavirus
Trump’s travel ban sidesteps his own European resorts

The president announced new travel restrictions on Europeans as the coronavirus pandemic escalated, but a few key spots on the continent were spared.

By RYAN HEATH

03/12/2020 12:22 AM EDT

Updated: 03/12/2020 07:12 AM EDT

President Donald Trump’s new European travel restrictions have a convenient side effect: They exempt nations where three Trump-owned golf resorts are located.

Trump is already under fire for visiting his properties in both countries as president, leading to U.S. taxpayer money being spent at his own firms. The president has been saddled with lawsuits and investigations throughout his term alleging that he’s violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause by accepting taxpayer money other than his salary.

Advertisement

The U.S. government proclamation initiating the ban targets 26 European countries that comprise a visa-free travel zone known as the Schengen Area.

The United Kingdom, which is home to Trump Turnberry and Trump International Golf Links, and Ireland, which is home to another Trump-branded hotel and golf course at Doonbeg, do not participate in the Schengen Area. Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania are also not part of the Schengen Area. All three of the resorts are struggling financially.

Ireland’s prime minister, Leo Varadkar, is scheduled to meet Trump at the White House on Thursday in one of the few events related to St. Patrick’s Day that has not been canceled due to coronavirus concerns.

The administration’s European travel proclamation notes that “the Schengen Area has exported 201 COVID-19 cases to 53 countries. Moreover, the free flow of people between the Schengen Area countries makes the task of managing the spread of the virus difficult.”

Trump’s European travel ban comes with several other loopholes.

There are now 460 confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.K., including Nadine Dorries, the British government’s own health minister in charge of patient safety. Wednesday saw the biggest rise in U.K. cases in a single day, and the country’s highest-level crisis committee — known as Cobra — will meet Thursday to consider additional moves to reduce the impact of the virus.

Though they are subject to border checks on arrival, residents of the 26 Schengen Area countries are also free to live and work in the United Kingdom, meaning they could fly to the United States from a British airport as long as they hadn't spent time within the Schengen countries in the last 14 days.

EU leaders condemned Trump's move on Thursday, and disputed the president's criticism of Europe's handling of the crisis.

“The Coronavirus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires cooperation rather than unilateral action,” European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and European Council President Charles Michel said in a joint statement.

“The European Union disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation,” they said, adding that the bloc was “taking strong action to limit the spread of the virus.”

Anita Kumar and Hans Joachim von der Burchard contributed to this report.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Which proves exactly what, dingbat?

You lie and then call me a dingbat? You really are a loser aren't you.

Quote:
if you're so offended why don't you teach me a terrible lesson and organize A2K to ignore me???

I'm not offended, I've proved you are a liar and nothing you say can be taken as truth. Sorry to tell you, it's those on the left who organize banning or ignoring campaigns, that's the sign of sore losers and weak minds.
blatham

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 09:52 am
Tumpcomplishments department
Quote:
Alex Parker
@AlexParkerDC
· 1h
If my math is correct, the Dow has lost 80% of the gains made in the Trump administration.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:10 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm not offended, I've proved you are a liar and nothing you say can be taken as truth.

Yes you have. Bobsal has 0 credibility.
blatham

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:19 am
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews
· 2h
VP Pence says there has been "irresponsible rhetoric" from people who have downplayed the seriousness of the US coronavirus outbreak. https://nbcnews.to/3aKJIUk

The man is at zero on the moral backbone scale.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
This turnabout b s don't work any more. You have done it so much everyone knows that you do it because you think it counters the facts. It does not.
blatham

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:24 am
Nothing much going on. Let's take a ******* recess.
Quote:
Ana Cabrera
@AnaCabrera
· 47m
McConnell ally says Senate won't take up House #coronavirus bill until after recess. “The Senate will act when we come back and we have a clearer idea of what extra steps we need to take,” Sen. Lamar Alexander told reporters.

They are due to come back on March 23. 11 days from today.
This should be on the front page of every damn newspaper in America And it should be the lead story in every tv and radio news show that's broadcast.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:34 am
From Al Jazeera's rolling news page on the Coronavirus.

Quote:
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro's communications chief, who met Donald Trump during an official weekend visit to the US leader's Florida resort, has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the government said.

The Brazilian president's office "has taken and is taking all necessary preventive measures to protect the health of the president and all staff that traveled with him to the United States" last Saturday to Tuesday, it said in a statement, confirming the far-right government's chief spokesman, Fabio Wajngarten, had tested positive for COVID-19.

Bahrain accused Iran of "biological aggression" by covering up the spread of the coronavirus and failing to stamp the passports of Bahraini travellers.

Many of the recorded infections throughout the Gulf region are linked to travel to Iran, which hosts several important shrines and pilgrimage sites for Shia Muslims. No Gulf Arab state has so far reported a coronavirus death.

"With this behaviour, Iran has allowed the disease to travel abroad, and in my estimation this constitutes a form of biological aggression that is criminalised by international law, as it has put in danger our safety and health and that of others," Bahraini Interior Minister General Sheikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa said on Twitter.

Bahrain has reported 77 new infections among citizens evacuated from Iran. A second government-chartered repatriation flight is scheduled for Thursday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/declares-coronavirus-global-pandemic-live-updates-200311235023766.html
coldjoint

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:35 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
everyone knows

Names of the everyone?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:36 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
From Al Jazeera's rolling news page.....

of Islamic propaganda. Glad that is out of the way.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:38 am
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/04-Rs-For-Biden-LI-600.jpg
izzythepush

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:39 am
Quote:
At least three US-led coalition soldiers have been killed after multiple rockets hit an Iraqi base housing US and coalition troops on Wednesday, according to a statement by Operation Inherent Resolve.

The statement added that at least 12 more soldiers were injured during the attack, which is "under investigation by the coalition and Iraqi security forces".

In a statement released on Thursday, Iraqi President Barham Salih condemned the attack and pledged to investigate and hold accountable those responsible.

A "number of coalition consultants and trainers within the international coalition operating in Iraq" were killed in the attack, the statement read.

An assessment of the incident is under way, a senior official from the administration of US President Donald Trump said.

"We are closely following the situation at Camp Taji," the official said on Wednesday. "We are not going to get ahead of the assessment and investigation, which are ongoing."

The rocket attack was the 22nd against US military interests in the country since late October, an Iraqi military commander said.

US Army Colonel Myles Caggins, a US military spokesman in Iraq, said on Twitter more than 15 small rockets hit the base, but provided no further details.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Britain's Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab vowed to hold "accountable" the people behind the attack.

In a phone conversation late on Wednesday, the pair "underscored that those responsible for the attacks must be held accountable," the US State Department said.

Camp Taji, located just north of Baghdad, has been used as a training base for a number of years. There are as many as 6,000 US troops in Iraq, training and advising Iraqi forces and conducting counterterrorism missions.

Previous rocket attacks targeting US soldiers, diplomats and facilities in Iraq killed one US contractor and an Iraqi soldier. None of the attacks has been claimed, but Washington accuses pro-Iran factions of being responsible.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/officials-2-american-troops-briton-killed-iraq-rocket-attack-200311195043426.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:49 am
Quote:
Survey finds a big majority of white American evangelical Protestants say their cause is winning under Trump

Who had thought so? Wink

Majority of white US Protestants believe Trump is good for their interests

Quote:
Almost two-thirds of white evangelical Protestants in the US believe “their side” is winning politically under the Trump administration, according to a new survey.

The proportion has increased steadily during Trump’s presidency. In May 2016, six months before he was elected, 23% of white evangelical Protestants said their side was winning politically, rising to 36% two years ago, and 63% last month.

The survey, published by the Pew Research Center on Thursday, found that a big majority of white evangelical Protestants in the US – a key part of Trump’s electoral base – believed the president was good for their interests, but they had more mixed views on his personal attributes.

More than eight in 10 said the Trump administration “fights for what I believe in” either very or fairly well. But markedly fewer – 61% – said the phrase “morally upstanding” described the president very or fairly well.

“Even among this strongly supportive constituency, most do not view Trump as a very religious, honest or morally upstanding person,” said the report.

In more general terms, 63% of both all US adults and white evangelical Protestants said it was very important to them to have a president who “personally lives and moral, ethical life”.

Almost half - 49% – of all US adults said the Bible should influence the laws of the country, a proportion which rose to 89% among white evangelical Protestants.

One in 20 US adults believe that “God chose Trump because God approves of Trump’s policies”, rising to 13% among white evangelical Protestants.

“Across all religious groups in this analysis, there is near consensus on one Trump characteristic: majorities of all groups, including 70% of white evangelicals, say that ‘self-centered’ describes Trump at least fairly well,” the report said.

In general, 83% of white evangelicals identify with or lean towards the Republican party, the survey found. White evangelical Protestants form 16% of the US population, Pew found last year.

Pew questioned almost 6,400 US adults last month.

coldjoint

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:50 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:

Majority of white US Protestants believe Trump is good for their interests

Race baiting bullshit.
blatham

Thu 12 Mar, 2020 11:07 am
Rupert Murdoch owns the NY Post

Trump passes coronavirus test with flying colors: Goodwin