monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:00 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Why should someone up for a job at the center for disease control be asked if they support the president’s agenda?

Do you know they are asked? Maybe you should prove that first.
Quote:
Should the military budget be exempt from cutbacks?

No.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:14 pm
https://www.usnews.com/dims4/USNEWS/e82c83d/2147483647/resize/1200x>/quality/85/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2F62%2Fa3%2F7d99ce704bf7a601ff69d577587a%2F20200222edbbc-a.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 04:36 pm
@coldjoint,
Man, it’s always a little difficult to tell if you’re really this confused, or if you just do it because you don’t bring any facts or reasoning.

You said this:

coldjoint wrote:

They can simply be asked if they support his agenda. There is no need for any other question. That is, if they are qualified. In that case hire them.

To which I responded, why should they be asked that?
Then you: “Who said they are asked that”?

See above. I was simply responding to your statement.

You said they can be asked if they support the president’s agenda. I repeat- why would that even be a question asked of anyone wanting to work at a place whose mission is to identify and control the spread of disease? What does that mission have to do with supporting the president’s agenda?
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:08 pm
@snood,
Quote:
What does that mission have to do with supporting the president’s agenda?

Nothing, you are the one saying it does. You have conflated the two.
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 05:21 pm
Quote:
Another immigration policy win for Trump administration: this time on sanctuary cities

Enforcing the laws. I call that agenda.
Quote:
This time, a federal appeals court in New York has ruled that the government can hold back millions of dollars in law enforcement grants to sanctuary cities and states that protect illegal immigrants and decline to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The decision upends previous, lower court rulings that said the Trump administration cannot withhold federal tax money from New York City, New York State, and six other states.

The other states are: Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Virginia and Washington.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2020/02/another-immigration-policy-win-for-trump-administration-this-time-on-sanctuary-cities/
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:23 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Couple questions for CJ and the other supporters of Trump here...

Which do you consider a more important requirement when key people in homeland security or agencies like CDC are put into place - subject matter expertise and competence, or loyalty and faithfulness to Donald Trump?

Trump’s administration has been cutting funding to the CDC. Do you think it would be a good idea to restore and increase that funding now, or do you think that the CDC is not all that crucial and the funding would be better spent on things like the border wall?

I don't care either way so long as he continues to protect the nation from progressive efforts to violate our civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:45 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
What does that mission have to do with supporting the president’s agenda?

Nothing, you are the one saying it does. You have conflated the two.

Oh, so you DON’T think it’s important whether or not a person who comes to work for the CDC is loyal to the president?
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 06:52 pm
@snood,
Quote:
DON’T think it’s important whether or not a person who comes to work for the CDC is loyal to the president?

If he/she comes there to disrupt the agenda then it matters. But I am sure some people can hate and still do their jobs.
snood

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:19 pm
@coldjoint,
How could someone working at the CDC possibly affect the president’s agenda?
Brand X

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:31 pm
Qofi Anon
@LCosmonaut647
· 1h
So it looks like Mike Pence's political future is the first American casualty attributable to coronavirus
oralloy

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:35 pm
@Brand X,
How does it harm his political future?
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:46 pm
@snood,
Quote:
How could someone working at the CDC possibly affect the president’s agenda?

You tell me, I am not the resistance. I am sure not following orders would effect it, causing delays, or leaking to the press. What haven't these people done?
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:57 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
How does it harm his political future?

He is in charge of combating and preparing the country for corona virus. He has to do a better job than Biden did with Ukraine and China. People, with help from the MSM will hold him responsible for every death.

What that tweet means is if enough die he is out of politics. That seems to be what they want. Ghouls.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 07:59 pm
@coldjoint,
You are disingenuous.
oralloy

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:04 pm
@RABEL222,
No he isn't. You cannot point out anything insincere about his posts.

Some people are just wise enough to reject the scourge of progressivism.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:17 pm
At Trump’s Coronavirus press briefing, he claimed “a vaccine is close “, both before and after Dr Fauci the immunologist clearly stated that a vaccine is at least a year and a half away.

This freaking stable genius, I tell you...
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You are disingenuous.

How?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:26 pm
@snood,
Quote:
At Trump’s Coronavirus press briefing, he claimed “a vaccine is close “, both before and after Dr Fauci the immunologist clearly stated that a vaccine is at least a year and a half away.
Hes's proceeding in line with Bannon's theory of messaging, "flood the zone with bullshit".
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 08:55 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Hes's proceeding in line with Bannon's theory of messaging, "flood the zone with bullshit".

That sounds a lot your approach.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 26 Feb, 2020 10:02 pm
And who wouldn't love this guy

Quote:
Steven Greenhouse
@greenhousenyt
Trump's budget calls for a $3 billion cut in global health programs & a 53% cut in funding for the World Health Organization. His earlier cuts forced the Centers for Disease Control to downsize its global health security initiative in 39 of 49 countries.

[url=Coronavirus lays bare all the pathologies of the Trump administration]Coronavirus lays bare all the pathologies of the Trump administration[/url]
0 Replies