monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:59 pm
I would like to know what people think Trump will be locked up for? They keep repeating it when nothing close to any crime has been proven. Maybe someone can elaborate on what could possibly send Trump to jail.

Until then it is bullshit pure and simple.
snood

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 04:12 pm
@blatham,
What have you got against wild boars?
Builder

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Until then it is bullshit pure and simple.

Was it Goebbels who said that if you're going to lie, make it a big one, and keep repeating it, ad infinitum, until it is accepted widely as truth?

Here's the actual quote, and some sources say he refined the notion from an earlier version by Adolph himself.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
coldjoint

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:13 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Was it Goebells who said that if you're going to lie, make it a big one, and keep repeating it, ad infinitum, until it is accepted widely as truth?

The Left takes a lot of tips from him. Shocked
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:48 pm
Quote:
Ninth Circuit Court Rules Trump Admin Stripping Funding From Abortion Clinics Is Constitutional

I guess Trump really did influence the 9th circuit with his judicial appointments. Good.
Quote:
“Today’s ruling is a vindication of President Trump’s pro-life policies and a victory for the American people,” Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser said in a statement, adding that abortion is not family planning and that “a strong majority of Americans” oppose taxpayer-funded abortions.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/24/ninth-circuit-trump-admin-abortion/
oralloy

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:52 pm
@coldjoint,
What we really need is for Ginsburg to finally keel over so Mr. Trump can replace her with a solid conservative voice.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:06 pm
@snood,
Quote:
What have you got against wild boars?
Word has it their breath is pretty bad.
oralloy

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 10:10 pm
@coldjoint,
https://i.redd.it/r95z3866mt611.png
glitterbag

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 11:08 pm
@snood,
Good catch.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 11:12 pm
@blatham,
And it will be after they consume 320 pounds of brucellosis.
blatham

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 07:28 am
@glitterbag,
Had to look that up. Apparently, it is also known as Malta Fever which I'd mistakenly thought was a description of the symptoms I'd suffered at about 12 after seeing Gina Lollobrigida's breasts.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 08:46 am
@blatham,
Without evidence, President Trump accused the House chairman of the Intelligence Committee of leaking intelligence.

Trump Accuses Schiff of Leaking Intelligence on Russia’s 2020 Interference
Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday accused the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee of leaking information about Russia’s efforts to interfere in the 2020 election, dismissed the intelligence as “exaggerated” and refused to acknowledge that Moscow was behind similar efforts in 2016.

“I can’t imagine that people are not going to go after them and find out what’s happening,” Mr. Trump said, referring to the committee, led by Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California, a longtime foil of the president’s.

Mr. Trump also said that he did not plan on saying anything controversial during the news conference at the end of his visit to India.

When details about the persistence of Russia’s efforts related to 2020 were revealed last week, including new information about Moscow’s efforts to influence the Democratic primaries, Mr. Trump was particularly bothered that officials would tell Mr. Schiff, who led the impeachment efforts against the president and is entitled to these briefings as part of his oversight role.

“Schiff leaked it, in my opinion — and he shouldn’t be leaking things like that,” Mr. Trump said without evidence, responding to a question about recent intelligence briefings about Russia’s meddling in the upcoming election.

Mr. Trump made a similar accusation last week and also called for an investigation into Mr. Schiff, to which Mr. Schiff responded: “Your false claims fool no one.”

The president’s deflection Tuesday of questions from reporters about the threat from Russia and the ominous remark about “going to go after” lawmakers were extraordinary, not only because of the potential impact on American democracy, but also because he pledged not to say anything controversial, as he had previously done at the end of other foreign trips.

“I’m going to be not at all controversial, because I don’t want to blow the two days plus two days of travel on one answer — one little answer," Mr. Trump warned reporters in brief remarks before he took questions.

The news media, he said, would take something small and “blow it out, and that would be the end of the trip. They won’t even talk about the trip. I will be very, very conservative with my answers if you don’t mind.”

Minutes later, he accused Mr. Schiff of leaking intelligence.
blatham

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 08:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
His many years at the Buddhist monastery have clearly been instrumental in his sublime self-control. Is he more like Buddha, Jesus or Gandhi? It's a real question.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 12:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Without evidence,

That did not stop Schiff, why should it stop Trump?
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:27 pm
I'm sure we'll all recall how, after Hurricane Maria ravaged Puerto Rico and brought massive island-wide flooding, Trump's response was to fly there and do this

https://i.insider.com/5b9c86ec959f3419008b5dd3?width=1136&format=jpeg

I'm guess that if the coronavirus outbreak spreads much further, he'll fly around the country and toss out boxes of Kleenex nose tissues. After all, as Rush Limbaugh says, the coronavirus is the same as the common cold.
Sturgis

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:37 pm
@blatham,
Well, he did say yesterday that the U.S. has it "under control" . Trump doesn't seem to comprehend that COVID-19 is serious and spreads easier than whipped cream cheese.

coldjoint

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:49 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Well, he did say yesterday that the U.S. has it "under control"

Then most likely it is. Trumps opponents are fear mongering.
RABEL222

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 05:03 pm
@coldjoint,
For those of you who have forgotten Trump and his government are the most crooked crime family since the 1930s. We were able to convict and deport them than. Since most of his crime family are part of the judiciary i can't figure out how we will ever get rid of the crooked bastards. Even if we vote him out the republican supreme court can declare the votes illegal. Like they did in 2000. Looks to me like it might take an armed insurrection.
coldjoint

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 05:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
For those of you who have forgotten Trump and his government are the most crooked crime family since the 1930s.

No their not.
Quote:
Even if we vote him out the republican supreme court can declare the votes illegal.

"paranoia strikes deep ........."
Quote:
Looks to me like it might take an armed insurrection.

Advocating violence?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 25 Feb, 2020 05:26 pm
@RABEL222,
The Supreme Court in 2000 only prevented Al Gore from causing a constitutional crisis with his repeated attempts to cheat his way into the White House.

I expect that law enforcement will keep the American people safe from any violence that progressives might attempt.
0 Replies