blatham

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 01:36 pm
@hightor,
That was adept.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 01:48 pm
@blatham,
You rather seriously distorted my statements, even to the extent of asserting things to which I had made no reference at all. That certainly appeared to be deliberately deceptive on your part. I can't exclude the possibility of some temporary derangement on your part in writing your response.

Do what you will.
coldjoint

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 01:53 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
No other president in our lifetimes and longer has behaved like such a Stalinist thug.

When FDR rounded up Japanese Americans it was not Stalin like?
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 02:57 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
That certainly appeared to be deliberately deceptive on your part.
Purposeful deception of such a sort is a high crime in my moral universe. I could not live with myself if I did it. I'm imperfect enough without that beast eating away at my soul.
coldjoint

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 03:03 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
in my moral universe.

Vacuums don't count.
0 Replies

Brand X

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 04:43 pm
Nothing new.

Jake Tapper
@jaketapper
· 1h
CNN: US intelligence briefer appears to have overstated assessment of 2020 Russian interference, from ⁦@JDiamond1⁩ ⁦@ZcohenCNN⁩ and me https://cnn.com/2020/02/23/politics/intelligence-briefer-russian-interference-trump-sanders/index.html
coldjoint

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 07:33 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
Nothing new.

It certainly isn't. It is the same old **** trying blame Russia for the political disaster known as the Democratic party.
MontereyJack

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 08:55 pm
@coldjoint,
My, my, how the republicans have fallen, once they were staunch anti-communists , now they're best buds with putin. whoda thought.
RABEL222

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 09:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well, you know there is money to be made so a little thing like bringing down the u s government by the Russians is just going to have to be accepted by u s. Citizens. Its not called capitolism because it makes all citizens a good living.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 09:50 pm
President Donald Trump maybe acquitted from impeachment but it would be the voters themselves who would boot him out of office. He may be a one-term President.

If he is not hiding anything, then, he should defend himself.
Builder

Sun 23 Feb, 2020 11:34 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
He may be a one-term President.

Preventing the onward march of the criminals from the previous admin, was all we really needed from Trump.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 02:07 am
Johnson using Trump's playbook.

Quote:
Media reports Home Secretary Priti Patel is distrusted by intelligence chiefs and bullied her staff have been dismissed as "false" by the government.

Officials have denied that MI5 held back information from Ms Patel, following allegations that officials lacked confidence in her abilities.

She has also been accused of trying to force out Sir Philip Rutnam, the most senior civil servant in her department.

The pair were both said to be "deeply concerned" by the "false allegations".

A spokesman for Ms Patel and Sir Philip added the pair were focused on delivering their department's "hugely important agenda" such as an overhaul of the immigration system, putting more police officers on the streets and combating terrorism.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51609047
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 02:16 am
Quote:
Saudi officials have called for the arrest of a female rapper who released a music video for her song Mecca Girl that praises women from the holy city as "powerful and beautiful".

Social media users reacted angrily, calling the authorities "hypocritical".

In 2018 the crown prince of the conservative country began a programme of reforms.

But activists say repression has increased and there is a crackdown on freedom of expression.

The video was released on YouTube last week by a young rapper who identifies herself as Asayel Slay.

She raps about women in the city of Mecca, which is Islam's holiest site where millions of Muslims go on Hajj or pilgrimage annually.

"Our respect to other girls but the Mecca girl is sugar candy," she sings in the video while men and women dance in a café.

It was widely shared on social media, and people used hashtag #Mecca_Girl_Represents_Me to praise it.

On Thursday governor of Mecca Khaled al-Faisal ordered the arrest of the people behind the video, tweeting that it "insults the customs of Mecca" and using hashtag "They're not the girls of Mecca".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51597561
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 05:12 am
Quote:
US Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg said Friday that he's willing to release at least three women from non-disclosure agreements that prevent them from speaking publicly about sexual harassment or discrimination suits filed against him and his company over the last three decades.

Dozens of lawsuits have been filed against his company over the years. Bloomberg said his company has identified "3 NDAs that we signed over the past 30-plus years with women to address complaints about comments they said I had made.

"If any of them want to be released from their NDA so that they can talk about those allegations, they should contact the company and they'll be given a release," Bloomberg wrote in a statement released Friday.

He added: "I've done a lot of reflecting on this issue over the past few days and I've decided that for as long as I'm running the company, we won't offer confidentiality agreements to resolve claims of sexual harassment or misconduct going forward."

Bloomberg was attacked repeatedly this week in his debut debate for declining to release women from the nondisclosure agreements. The former New York City mayor was caught flat-footed during much of Wednesday night's debate when rival Elizabeth Warren blasted his company's use of non-disclosure agreements in cases of sexual harassment. She sought to portray such agreements as endemic of a broader culture of sexism at the company, Bloomberg LP, when he was CEO.

Bloomberg's response was dismissive. He said some of those who alleged misconduct "didn't like a joke I told" and argued that nondisclosure agreements were "consensual" deals supported by the women involved.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/bloomberg-release-accusers-disclosure-agreements-200221212934828.html
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 09:50 am
Judge Rejects Roger Stone's Attempt To Remove Her From His Case
Quote:
The U.S. district judge presiding over Roger Stone's case swatted down his request to disqualify herself over further proceedings because of alleged bias.

In a strongly worded order issued Sunday, Judge Amy Berman Jackson dismissed the Stone defense team's claims, arguing that the motion to have her recuse herself lacked "any factual or legal support."

"At bottom, given the absence of any factual or legal support for the motion for disqualification, the pleading appears to be nothing more than an attempt to use the Court's docket to disseminate a statement for public consumption that has the words 'judge' and 'biased' in it," Jackson wrote.
coldjoint

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 11:24 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
The U.S. district judge presiding over Roger Stone's case swatted down his request

Let's see how she does slapping down the Trump's pardon.
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 01:31 pm
@coldjoint,
If it happens it's another clear evidence of trump's disdain for the rule of law and why he should be voted out of office and locked up.
coldjoint

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
trump's disdain for the rule of law

Wrong. It is Trump using his power to nullify a verdict. The prosecutors showed their disdain for the law by persecuting a man for the same thing they will not even charge others with.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
he should be voted out of office and locked up.
Or fed to wild boars.
oralloy

Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
If it happens it's another clear evidence of trump's disdain for the rule of law and why he should be voted out of office

"Exercising his legal powers" is hardly "disdain for rule of law."

MontereyJack wrote:
and locked up.

Disagreeing with progressives isn't a crime.

These witch hunts against people who disagree with them are one of the reasons why progressives belong in reeducation camps instead of out in society.
0 Replies