monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 04:37 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
In my mind, there's a difference between speaking tongue in cheek and downright insulting people.

It certainly is all in your mind.
Olivier5

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 05:23 am
@Builder,
Okay so like Glitter, you are unable to see the difference between me calling Set "honey" and him asking me to "eat **** and die".

She was raised by a pack of wolves. What's your excuse? Raised by kangooroos?
izzythepush

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 05:39 am
Quote:
A Syrian civilian was killed and another wounded in a rare clash between US troops and a group of government supporters who tried to block a United States convoy driving through a village in northeastern Syria, state media reported.

The Syrian state-run media on Wednesday said the killed man was among residents of a village east of the town of Qamishli who had gathered at an army checkpoint, pelting the US convoy with stones and taking down a US flag from one of the vehicles.

At that point, US troops fired with live ammunition and smoke bombs at the residents, the report said.

A US military spokesman said coalition forces conducting a patrol near Qamishli encountered the checkpoint occupied by pro-Syrian government forces.

"After coalition troops issued a series of warnings and de-escalation attempts, the patrol came under small arms fire from unknown individuals," said Colonel Myles Caggins, a spokesman for the US-led coalition.

"In self-defence, coalition troops returned fire," he said.

Hundreds of US troops are stationed in northeastern Syria, working with their local partners from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces to fight against the ISIL (ISIS) group.

Videos posted on social media appeared to show residents quarrelling with US military personnel.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/syrian-killed-rare-clash-troops-government-forces-200212151039111.html
Builder

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 06:06 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Okay so like Glitter, "eat **** and die".

Selective reading is your specialty.

I can make it mine, too.
Olivier5

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 06:28 am
@Builder,
Your specialty is making no sense whatsoever, on any and all possible topic.
0 Replies

revelette3

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 07:46 am
White House quietly trims dozens of national security experts

If we have a terrorist attack, I imagine somehow, it will still be the Democrat's fault.
Builder

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 07:48 am
@revelette3,
Quote:
I imagine somehow

Amazingly powerful scenarios, right there.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 11:22 am
Says the self-important egotist.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 11:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
It's not about your Clinton fixation

It was more about Obama's insolence, and him blaming his "poor judgement" on his SoS than any kind of fixation in your imagination. It's not my place to be thinking about your fixation on my posts. Sorry 'bout that.

I didn't mention Clinton at all. Projection much?

Builder wrote:

Quote:
It didn't level the playing field, it skewed it in favor of the small states.

The EC does not skew the decision in any one direction. Your claim was that it gives the small states greater influence, when clearly it does not. You still haven't justified that claim, despite ten attempts now. Knock yourself out.

It's weighted towards the small states, hence it's skewed.

Builder wrote:

Quote:
This isn't about California.

If your focus is on the popular vote, then it most certainly is about
Cali.

Your focus is solely on the 2016 election, and California's involvement in it. There are other instances where the Electoral College didn't correspond with the popular vote.

Builder wrote:

Quote:
What's beyond your grasp is the fact that "united" comprehends California.

Why would comprehending Cali be beyond my grasp?

Extrapolate on that claim of yours.

Instead, I'll restate it for you. The irony of your "united" comment, in regard to your singling out of the state of California, escapes you.
RABEL222

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 11:50 am
@glitterbag,
Come on Glitter. You know disagreeing with a republican is picking a fight. No one should believe anything but what trumpies tell you to believe.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Incidents of white supremacist material being spread across the US rose by 120% in 2019, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

The incidents they count are things that never get farther than the ADL saying they are white supremacist actions.

Where is an example of the literature?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 01:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In self-defence, coalition troops returned fire," he said.

The daily dose of Islamic propaganda.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 01:13 pm
Quote:
In a bipartisan bid to curb President Trump, the Senate voted to require congressional approval for further attacks against Iran. A veto is expected.

In Bipartisan Bid to Restrain Trump, Senate Passes Iran War Powers Resolution
blatham

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 01:40 pm
Last week, I listened to the nine episodes of Ronan Farrow's Catch and Kill podcast. It is absolutely riveting. The first eight episodes focus on Harvey Weinstein's serial raping/assaults on actresses and his use of Mafia-style strategies to shut them up. Warning: much of this you'll surely find quite depressing. The final episode is on Trump which you will be linked to below but do try to find time to listen to all the episodes. How Trump operates is a mirror image of how Weinstein has operated
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-9-the-president/id1487730212?i=1000465478774
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 02:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
the Senate voted to require congressional approval for further attacks against Iran. A veto is expected.

He should veto it. Iran does not need to hear us discussing our reaction to the crap they pull. They are scared, we should keep them that way.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 03:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
This argument is ridiculous. Population centers don't vote. People vote. A system where all votes are equal is evidently fairer than one where some votes are 'more equal than others'.

Any disparity between large and small states is easily addressed by ratifying the Apportionment Amendment.

Plus, that would have the added benefit of making the House much more small-d democratic.
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 04:15 pm
What do you think of Barr's rebuke to the president?

The real deal or a choreographed effort to appear independent?
revelette3

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 04:23 pm
@hightor,
I go with door number 2.
0 Replies

Brand X

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 04:43 pm
@hightor,
Stop telegraphing what you want, I already know.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 13 Feb, 2020 05:03 pm
JUDGE SENTENCES ROGER STONE TO HOUSE ARREST IN SUSAN COLLINS’S HOME

By Andy Borowitz