monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Your use of pejorative terms like Red Ken shows you're not interested in serious debate.

The fact that I used a nickname for a figure associated with the "Loony Left" has nothing to do with interest or disinterest in "a serious debate". I'm only engaged in a discussion and had hoped that you might be able to provide some insight into why Corbyn secured a leadership position. I obviously expected way too much.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
UHC is a moral position.

I don't favor claiming a moral high ground. Someone else may have a completely different set of moral concerns so I don't think it's useful. I think politicians are here to implement laws and programs which protect people, further the people's interests, and safeguard society.
Quote:
Either you're happy with allowing people to die because they are poor or you're not.

I don't think UHC grants immortality to any economic class. Poor people have as much right to die as anyone else.
Quote:
Nobody outside of America would claim to be opposed to UHC and still think that doesn't make them a conservative.

I already told you that I supported universal healthcare. It's not my fault that it's currently unrealistic to believe it can be implemented in the USA anytime soon. That doesn't mean I oppose it.
Quote:

You're more right wing than Margaret Thatcher.

That's really brilliant. **** off.
Quote:
If you're against UHC you're in favour of state sponsored murder.

Well good, that makes me feel better about supporting it.

0 Replies

Brand X

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:21 am
Aaron Maté

Verified account

@aaronjmate
8m8 minutes ago
More
More evidence that the Trump-GOP tax bill was a scam for the wealthy: "About 400 of America’s largest corporations paid an average federal tax rate of about 11 percent on their profits last year, roughly half the official rate" under Trump’s 2017 tax law.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:37 am
Here's an interesting analysis of the recent election in the U.K. from the NYT.

The U.K. Election Explained, in One Number
izzythepush

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:39 am
@hightor,
I'm not interested in what journos fro the other side of the ocean have to say. I just lived it, I know what's going on.
hightor

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:43 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, well it might be useful for those of us who don't happen to live in your country. It's not all about you.
izzythepush

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 12:13 pm
@hightor,
So why did you address it to me?
hightor

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Because you responded to my post that wasn't addressed to you.
izzythepush

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 12:22 pm
@hightor,
Three times you replied to me, three times.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 01:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I know what's going on.

Did you know the landslide was coming? You could have told us and a lot of this would be unnecessary. Very Happy
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I'm not interested in what journos fro the other side of the ocean have to say. I just lived it, I know what's going on.

Your sensitivity in responding to even well-intended q1uestions and comments on the recent UK election is quite inconsistent with your long-term lack of similar restraint in commenting on politics "across the ocean".
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 01:54 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Re: McGentrix (Post 6938348)
No, McG, it's been proven!
I stand as witness to that proof. All that amazes is that it has taken so long for others to grasp the breadth and depth of Lash's political acuity.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:01 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Re: blatham (Post 6938095)
**** that, I will NOT have my culture appropriated like that.
Circle Gamergate.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:03 pm
Listening to Humpty Trumpty talk is like listening to the rantings of a professional wrestler shouting about how he's going to smash his opponent. He has no charisma and he can't even act, yet people go gaga over him like he's the second coming of Goebbels. It's just embarrassing.
blatham

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Re: hightor (Post 6938385)
How am I supposed to know why a group of individuals voted as they did? Your use of pejorative terms like Red Ken shows you're not interested in serious debate.

Climb down off your angry pedestal, izzy. There's no one on this site less deserving of that indictment and that last analogy than hightor.

blatham

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:14 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Listening to Humpty Trumpty talk is like listening to the rantings of a professional wrestler shouting about how he's going to smash his opponent. He has no charisma and he can't even act, yet people go gaga over him like he's the second coming of Goebbels. It's just embarrassing.
Bad people, even very bad people, can gain large followings. That's not news. And it is often, as in this case, extremely dangerous to democracy, to civic discourse and to rational thought. But there's value in trying to understand how/why this happens and how to ameliorate it.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:30 pm
Satire from The Borowitz Report

Trump Named Person of the Year by Popular Sociopath Magazine
By Andy BorowitzDecember 12, 2019

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—For the third year in a row, Donald J. Trump has been named Person of the Year by the magazine Popular Sociopath, the publication announced on Thursday.

“Once a year, we at Popular Sociopath recognize the person who best epitomizes sociopathic-personality disorder, which manifests in antisocial behavior and a total absence of conscience and concern for others,” Harland Dorrinson, the magazine’s editor, said. “We are delighted to bestow this honor, once again, on Donald J. Trump.”

Dorrinson said that Trump bested a daunting roster of competitors for the title, including the Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell; the Fox News host Tucker Carlson; and Trump’s own son Donald J. Trump, Jr.

“Honestly, though, it wasn’t close,” the editor said.

When asked if he had reached out to his son since surpassing him for the magazine’s honor, Trump told reporters, “Why would I do that? I don’t care what he thinks or feels. This is all about me. What a stupid question. You’re worthless.”

coluber2001

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 02:50 pm
@coluber2001,
When hearing of the honor bestowed upon him by Poplar Sociopathic magazine Trump said: "That's way better than being on the cover of Time magazine like that autistic brat. **** her!"
Builder

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 04:06 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
"That's way better than being on the cover of Time magazine like that autistic brat. **** her!"

Gotta love some good satire.

I don't think poor Greta has the cojones people are giving her credit for, and this recognition only further alienates the average joe/jan from the MSM junta, for mine.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 16 Dec, 2019 04:07 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Trump said: "That's way better than being on the cover of Time magazine like that autistic brat. **** her!"

No he did not. Why are you making up lies? Can't beat him, lie about him. You are a shining example of the real problem.