monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:34 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
If you cannot find a televised hearing

I never said I could not find one. I said the major networks stop televising them. Do you have comprehension problems?
Quote:
I've ever been called a sock

Yes you have, Builder called you one. He said you were Glitterbag's sock. I really do not care.
RABEL222

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:03 pm
@coldjoint,
Than why mention it if it is so unimportant to you? Neptune, you are one of my favorite socks. Coming from dumbass its a complement.
BillW

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:09 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

From Hannah Arendt's Origins of Totalitarianism, page 344
Power propaganda.

Quote:
...neither the police nor the courts seriously prosecuted political offenders on the so-call Right. It was valuable as what a Nazi publicist has aptly called "power propaganda": it made clear to the population at large that the power of the Nazis was greater than that of the authorities and that it was safer to be a member of a Nazi paramilitary organization than a loyal Republican. This impression was greatly strengthened by the specific use Nazis made of their political crimes. They always admitted them publicly, never apologized for "excesses of the lower ranks" - such apologies were used only by Nazi sympathizers - and impressed the population as being very different from the "idle talkers" of the other parties.

The similarities between this kind of terror and plain gangsterism are too obvious to be pointed out

I'm posting this not to point specifically to the white supremacist contingent represented by Miller in this administration, or even to the horrid treatment of immigrants at the border though both are obviously relevant (and if things get worse will be profoundly reminiscent of Nazi behavior).

Rather, I'm pointing to how Trump consistently violates norms and laws and then blatantly brags about it.

......and, the Republican defense of his indefensible actions copy this same scenerio.
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:14 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
......and, the Republican defense of his indefensible actions copy this same scenerio.

More opinions from people who do not know what the Hell they are talking about. You are most certainly one of those people.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:19 pm
@BillW,
Great post Bill. Every time someone posts the similarity between the Nazi party and today's Trumpian republican party the consertives go bugfuck crazy and try to make them seem crazy.
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
similarity between the Nazi party and today's Trumpian republican party

The Democrats are the Jew haters. Congresswomen Omar and Talib are quite open about it. That is Nazi like.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 05:59 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Than why mention it if it is so unimportant to you?

You better read things twice. I bought it up because it is something I cannot prove just like the Democrats cannot prove Trump is guilty of one thing. Do yourself a favor and stay out of it, you are seriously over matched.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 06:31 pm
@BillW,
Right on the money, Bill. Trump, though a particularly obvious example of the thing, is himself a manifestation of the modern conservatives in US politics. That's why they cooperate in the manner we see.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 06:33 pm
Quote:
David Frum
@davidfrum
Steve Castor's attack on Michael Cohen's credibility offers an exciting concept for the GOP defense of the president: "You can't trust any of these witnesses, they worked for Donald Trump, obviously they are criminals."
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 06:37 pm
Quote:
The Comey FBI’s 17 worst failures, inaccuracies and omissions flagged in the Russia FISA report[

Whitewashing this report was a gimme, but these things happened. Would any of you like to be investigated that way?
The reporter quotes the report before anyone attacks the source

https://johnsolomonreports.com/the-comey-fbis-17-worst-failures-inaccuracies-and-omissions-flagged-in-the-russia-fisa-report/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 06:41 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
they worked for Donald Trump, obviously they are criminals."

Trump did not make Cohen avoid taxes or clean up on taxi medallions. Frum is a hack, I completely understand your attraction to him.
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 07:27 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
David Frum
@davidfrum
Steve Castor's attack on Michael Cohen's credibility offers an exciting concept for the GOP defense of the president: "You can't trust any of these witnesses, they worked for Donald Trump, obviously they are criminals."

.....and thus, the criminal empire grows. When someone goes down, pile everything on them. Not only run over them with bus, but back up and roll back over them 2 or 3 times; then, followup with a steamroller. Then go out and recruit a large percentage of a political party and squeeze others into your criminal organization.
BillW

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 08:58 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Democrats to announce articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday

Announcement of the articles of impeachment would follow a marathon day of hearings on President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine.
The Washington Post, citing three officials, reported Monday night that the two articles were expected to allege abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/democrats-introduce-articles-impeachment-against-trump-tuesday-n1098781
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 09:26 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Democrats to announce articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday

When is the House going to vote on it? Everyone knows they are going to announce them. So thanks for nothing.
snood

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 10:41 pm
@coldjoint,
What does it matter - it’s all a sham to you anyway, right?
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 10:45 pm
@snood,
Quote:
What does it matter - it’s all a sham to you anyway, right?

It is not just me. The majority of Americans, most importantly the majority in the swing states, feel the same way. Shocked Pathetic, huh?
Brand X

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 06:00 am
The groundwork has been laid so that no matter which side loses in 2020 the losers can claim the election was tainted.
blatham

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 07:53 am
Media Matters points out why America can't have nice things.

Quote:
Sean Hannity says Horowitz report shows “premeditated fraud perpetrated repeatedly on the FISA court” and proves “massive political bias”

Quote:
Lou Dobbs says Democrats are colluding with Russia on impeachment

Quote:
Sean Hannity announces he will ignore reports that Christopher Steele and Ivanka Trump personally know each other

Quote:
Reports indicate a new inspector general report will debunk pro-Trump lies. Rush Limbaugh now calls the author a "deep stater"

Quote:
As Trump inaugural donor and hotelier Gordon Sondland testifies, Rush Limbaugh dismisses him as a career diplomat
coldjoint

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:03 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Media Matters

Points out exactly what Soros and his bought and paid think tanks want them to point out. It is pretty clear they do the thinking for a lot of people including many here.
MontereyJack

Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:07 am
@coldjoint,
Far right lemmings hate facts.