monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:15 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

But, did you ever wish there was a limit on how much quoted material can be pulled from one outside sources

It would be nice to have less gasbaggery.
MontereyJack

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:18 pm
@coldjoint,
The sites you cite are the piece of shot tabloids. BUT has a well deserved reputation for veracity. If they get occasionally get it wrong they say so. Your sites blow it and they never seem to admit it. They're propaganda not journalism
blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:20 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
does that mean the Durham investigation is a witch hunt?
If so, that would be because Trump's elevation to his present position is a consequence of the will of Almighty God who demands the hunting of witches because milk doesn't curdle for no reason.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:30 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
It would be nice to have less gasbaggery.

Then try not to post so much. Thanks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Your sites blow it and they never seem to admit it.

Did I miss the apology from WP and MSNBC for two years of lying collusion bullshit? Please source those apologies for me. Anything that does not fit the narrative does not make it false it makes you and others unbelievably gullible.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 01:36 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Gee — does that mean the Durham investigation is a witch hunt?

Everything we know about Durham tells me he will have hard evidence, unlike Mueller and his band of partisan losers. Remember Obama used him, how bad could he be? Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 02:14 pm
And of course, William Barr again goes full-on Trump whore.
Quote:
Attorney General Bill Barr released a statement on Monday that undermined the Department of Justice Inspector General’s report that the FBI had sufficient evidence to probe the Trump campaign vis-a-vis Russian election interference.

“The Inspector General’s report now makes clear that the FBI launched an intrusive investigation of a U.S. presidential campaign on the thinnest of suspicions that, in my view, were insufficient to justify the steps taken,” Barr said in a written statement. “It is also clear that, from its inception, the evidence produced by the investigation was consistently exculpatory.”

U.S. Attorney John Durham, whom Barr had appointed to investigate the Russia probe, boosted the attorney general’s claim, saying his office had told Barr that “we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the FBI case was opened.”

However, Horowitz’s report found that the probe was legitimate and that political bias did not sway lead FBI investigators in the case, aka “Hurricane Crossfire.”

“We concluded that, under the AG Guidelines and the [Domestic Investigations Operations Guide], the FBI had an authorized purpose when it opened Crossfire Hurricane to obtain information about, or to protect against, a national security threat or federal crime, even though the investigation also had the potential to impact constitutionally protected activity,” the inspector general wrote.

Additionally, the report asserted that the FBI’s decision to open the investigation “was permissible under both Department and FBI policies because there was a legitimate law enforcement purpose associated with the investigation.”

Horowitz’s findings strike a major blow to President Donald Trump and his allies’ “deep state” conspiracy theory that posits the FBI was trying to take down Trump by launching the probe.
TPM

It has become clear that Barr will continue to act dishonestly and unethically in aid of his long-term goal of institutionalizing single party rule in America in line with his theocratic and authoritarian/totalitarian vision.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 02:22 pm
Rather hilarious that this is true
Quote:
tyson brody
@tysonbrody
The Trump family is officially closer to the author of the dossier than any of the Clintons, incredible
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 02:31 pm
I do not know if anyone has noticed but the networks stopped broadcasting the hearing today. It was on in the morning and then poof. You know why that is?

I have an idea, it is because it is not going the Democrats way and they know it is making Trump more popular. I think it is great the MSM has abandoned its narrative just like that. I bet they are having fits. Laughing Laughing Laughing
blatham

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 02:51 pm
I have to say, Brian is right and this makes me searingly angry
Quote:
Brian Beutler
@brianbeutler
Given everything that's happened today, you can see why Joe Biden and specifically Joe Biden thinks Republicans will be responsible partners in government with him.

Even if Biden believes this, which is by no means clear, there is a very real negative consequence when Biden denies or diminishes the level of corruption and amorality that now marks almost the entire Republican party.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:08 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

I do not know if anyone has noticed but the networks stopped broadcasting the hearing today. It was on in the morning and then poof. You know why that is?

I have an idea, it is because it is not going the Democrats way and they know it is making Trump more popular. I think it is great the MSM has abandoned its narrative just like that. I bet they are having fits. Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's been on all day.
glitterbag

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:08 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

So how do ya'll think the impeachment proceeding today is going so far? I have to be out of the house today, so I'll miss a good part of it. Right now, on moot I might add, I am watching the snarky faced republican lawyer whine on TV. How do you guys think he is doing?

I think that the Trump enablers are eating it up. He is the dictionary definition of smarmy.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:10 pm
Quote:
Unlike you she docent double down on blatant lies.

Post those blatant lies, thanks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
It's been on all day.

Not on the three networks, CBS, NBC, or ABC. CSPAN is not a major network. You are omitting that fact.
glitterbag

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:17 pm
@neptuneblue,
It's 16:11 EST on the East Coast.....I'm still watching. Its on CNN, MSNBC but I'm not sure about FOX, when I checked they were airing a commercial.

My biggest guffaw so far..........listening to the Minority declare Jonathon Turley a Democrat....ahahahahahahahhaahahahahah, good one.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:17 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
It's been on all day.

Not on the three networks, CBS, NBC, or ABC. CSPAN is not a major network. You are omitting that fact.

Neither is the Cartoon Network. I suggest you change the channel.
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Neither is the Cartoon Network. I suggest you change the channel.

That does not change the fact the MSM is seeing the folly and the fact Republicans are ripping new assholes for the Democrats. Americans are being shown in no uncertain terms this a joke and the MSM does not want that to happen. So they pulled it off the air. You should deal with that fact and lay off your lame insults.
neptuneblue

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:12 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That does not change the fact the MSM is seeing the folly and the fact Republicans are ripping new assholes for the Democrats. Americans are being shown in no uncertain terms this a joke and the MSM does not want that to happen. So they pulled it off the air. You should deal with that fact and lay off your lame insults.

You should deal with the fact Trump broke the law by bribing a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival and withholding aid until they announced a fake investigation. You should also deal with the fact Trump obstructed justice by telling key witnesses to ignore a lawful subpoena to appear before Congress. And you really do have to deal with the fact this IS an official impeachment of Donald Trump.

If you cannot find a network that has the impeachment coverage, how is that in insult?
coldjoint

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:16 pm
@neptuneblue,

Quote:
You should deal with the fact Trump broke the law by bribing a foreign government to dig up dirt on a political rival

First, that cannot be proven. Second, that is not what our discussion is about. It is about the fact the MSM has recognized this is making Trump more popular.

You trying to deflect is totally predictable. I have heard you are a sock, but guess what else, I cannot prove it.
neptuneblue

Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:31 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
You trying to deflect is totally predictable. I have heard you are a sock, but guess what else, I cannot prove it.

If you cannot find a televised hearing, how is that MY problem? It's been on ALL day. And this is the first time I've ever been called a sock. I'm a woman, not clothing.