monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 06:46 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks Region

Voices like Boot's are still far, far too rare. But still very welcome.
Builder

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 10:28 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
....has Trump ever done anything illegal in his life in your opinion?

Has he been convicted of anything? Can you nominate for president, if you have prior convictions?

Quote:
Do you read or watch anything that isent ultraconsertive?

Are there notable differences today, between DNC policies, and R policies?

Oh, that's right; the DNC doesn't have a platform, except for impeachment attempts.

However futile they might seem, it does appear that they are doing "something positive ".

0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 10:59 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

blatham wrote:

My kind of girl, that one.

Does it bother you that she’s become a multimillionaire as a ‘servant of the people’?

Her husband has been extremely successful and she was one of those 'you know' stay at home moms that raised 5 children and didn't run for office until all the children were finished with school. Her family was a well-loved political force in Maryland, particularly in Baltimore where her Dad and brother both were elected to be Mayor of the City.

But if you want to be resentful of a woman who has been married to the same man for 50+ years, raised her children and didn't run for office until she was 46 0r 47, knock yourself out. I had to give up 4 inch heels by the time I was 50, Nancy is still rolling around in the House on fabulous looking 4 inch heels at the age of 78. I would have to use training wheels at this point. Plus, I love how she can become very angry without raising her voice and drives Trump absolutely batty. She is not intimidated by that blousy vulgar clown.
glitterbag

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:04 pm
I bet coldjoint doesn't live in San Francisco.....looks like Nancy is keeping her district free of toxic waste.
Builder

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:13 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Her family was a well-loved political force in Maryland, particularly in Baltimore where her Dad and brother both were elected to be Mayor of the City.

Well-loved, alright.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I bet coldjoint doesn't live in San Francisco...

I'll see your living space idea and bet he can't even find it on a map!
Sturgis

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:25 pm
@Lash,
2=more than 1; which, does indeed make Sanders a multi-millionaire.

Hopefully, you aren't attempting to teach your charges anything in a field involving numbers.
Builder

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:

Did you miss the part about his book sales? He earned his money.

He's a millionaire through his own hard work. Pelosi is not.

Which part of that, are you having trouble with? The numbers add up.

And by the by, having a few million bucks, does not make you a multi millionaire.
glitterbag

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
I bet coldjoint doesn't live in San Francisco...

I'll see your living space idea and bet he can't even find it on a map!

I really hope not.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 6 Dec, 2019 11:46 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Hopefully, you aren't attempting to teach your charges anything in a field involving numbers.
[quote0"merriam-webster"]multi
[...]
2: many times over
multimillionaire

History and Etymology for multi-
Latin, from multus much, many — more at MELIORATE[/quote]
Builder

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 12:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thank you Walter.

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 04:49 am
"Multi" is "multiple" abbreviated. Eg multiple homes, multiple births, multiple millions. Outside of certain mathematics definitions, multi is appropriately used to mean more than one.

But it's a silly distraction in the discussion above. There's no moral difference between those who have $1.5 Million or $1.97 Million or $3.2 Million, etc. How those funds are gained is where the moral dilemmas are found. A person is not more noble or ethically pure if he/she has wealth that ceilings just beneath some entirely arbitrary number.

The only reason this ridiculous debate came about is because Lash first tossed out Pelosi's wealth with the implication that we all ought to therefore be suspicious of her character. She was attempting to slime Pelosi's character. That was entirely the point of Lash's post.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 05:58 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
"Multi" is "multiple" abbreviated. character.
Not really.

The origin of both is Latin, for the one "multi"/"multus", for the other French "multiple", and that from Latin "multiplus".

(I'd never thought, my school examen Latinum would be multi functional after all those decades.)
blatham

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 06:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'd be foolish to argue with you on this. I'll just wait for another opportunity when I'm at your weight class.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 07:18 am
Ain't this something
Quote:
Watch: Donald Trump in 2014 enthusiastically called for impeaching Obama
Trump: “Do you think Obama seriously wants to be impeached? ... He would be a mess.”

One of the worst arguments floating around against impeaching the president is that it is somehow worse for Democrats than for him. The argument is a favorite of white nationalist and Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and he’s not alone. Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale has also made a version of this argument.

Fortunately, someone has already debunked this argument, and that person is Donald Trump. Watch Trump really lean in during a November 24, 2014, appearance on Fox & Friends, saying that Republicans should impeach then-President Barack Obama and claiming that once impeached, the president would be “a mess” and unable to focus on anything else.

The unquestionable highlight is this quote (though don't sleep on the Giuliani cameo): “Do you think Obama seriously wants to be impeached and go through what Bill Clinton did? He would be a mess. He would be thinking about nothing but. It would be a horror show for him. It would be an absolute embarrassment. It would go down on his record permanently.”
And there's a wonderful video attached of Trump calling this in to FOX.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 10:35 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Voices like Boot's are still far, far too rare. But still very welcome.

That right there confirms Boot is a hack. Thanks.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 10:42 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
looks like Nancy is keeping her district free of toxic waste.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/California_US_Congressional_District_12_%28since_2013%29.tif/lossless-page1-1280px-California_US_Congressional_District_12_%28since_2013%29.tif.png
There is her district. Do you see San Francisco? Those streets are full of human feces and used needles. Don't fool yourself and stop lying.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/sf-poop-map-600x305.jpg
There is the ****. Tell Nancy to get a bucket and a shovel and start cleaning.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 11:06 am
https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Nancy-Prays-600-LI.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 11:14 am
Looks like Canada wants to go third world in a hurry.
Quote:
Canada now leads the world in refugee resettlement, surpassing the U.S.

Here is the good news.
https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/FT_19.06.19_RefugeeResettlement_US-trails-rest-of-world-in-refugee-resettlement-2.png?resize=420,440
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/19/canada-now-leads-the-world-in-refugee-resettlement-surpassing-the-u-s/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Dec, 2019 11:23 am
0 Replies