monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 05:32 pm
@coldjoint,
So how many people were in that crowd at the inauguration?
InfraBlue

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 05:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Dubya Bush signed the act into law.
hightor

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 05:55 pm
@Builder,
Quote:

They most certainly handed HRC her arse on a plate.

That's overly dramatic. Clinton lost a few states she'd expected to win, by a few tens of thousands of votes. The rules say that the winner gets the state's entire slate of electors (Maine and Nebraska excluded) so the results can look like the margin of victory is much greater than the actual vote count. It's one of many anti-democratic features of the US Constitution; not necessarily bad, just undemocratic. The founders were wary of mob rule. Undemocratically, the EC actually has the right to vote as it wishes. Individual electors can vote their conscience and don't have to accept the choice of the voters. This was supposed to help protect the republic from the rise of a demagogue.
Quote:
Chuckles.

Yeah, it's ******* hilarious.
coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 06:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
So how many people were in that crowd at the inauguration?

That never mattered to me, so I do not know.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 06:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Dubya Bush signed the act into law.

I know that. It does not change what Obama did.
BillW

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 06:32 pm
What bothers me most about his almighty majesty - theRump is the impeachable acts he has gotten away with? What we may see is a reality tv series of continuing impeachments of his Rumpness. By election time, we may be on number 3 or maybe even number 5.

It is election year and Congress has nothing else to do! The party formerly known as the Republicans certainly know how to do nothing. They have become famous for this under McConnell.

The HofR already have enough bills for the Senate for 10 years of the formerly Repuplican party to work on.
oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:16 pm
@BillW,
There is no reason to believe that Mr. Trump has done anything wrong.

But if you're interested in Presidential wrongdoing, Bill Clinton got away with perjury, obstruction of justice, conspiracy to obstruct justice, and witness tampering.

Unless you consider disbarment and a $25,000 fine to be adequate justice.

If you do think that was adequate justice for Bill Clinton's crime spree, then if you ever manage to prove that Mr. Trump committed serious crimes, a $25,000 fine should be adequate justice for him as well.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:18 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
His attitude towards the UN was more of the same.

I really like the way Mr. Bolton kicked the UN in the nuts when they tried to pressure the world into adopting a global gun ban treaty:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010726044319/un.int/usa/01_104.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/20020821044136/grip.org/bdg/g1894.html
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:19 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
I personally avoid him as a Russian bot.

Come on now. He isn't a bot.

If you disagree with something that he says, just politely state your disagreement, much like I'm doing with you right now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
there's no witch hunt,

That is incorrect. It is a witch hunt for Democrats to abuse their power and wield the law as a weapon against people who disagree with them.

izzythepush wrote:
only idiots and fascists think there is.

Personal attacks are no substitute for a well-reasoned argument.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
put country above party.

I find it absurd that Democrats claim that anything that is bad for people who disagree with them is "good for the country".

It's like Democrats have some kind of delusion that they are the country.
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:32 pm
Many, many new incriminating pieces of evidence against tRump and Rudi breaking tonight on the OBM, State, Pompeo and Rudi fronts tonight. When wil tRump do the perp walk? What a jerk!

So many facts and so little time. I'm not even gonna document anything, he is sooooooo guilty!!!!!!!!!!
oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:34 pm
@BillW,
What he is accused of doing isn't even a crime.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:35 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Well, well, well - the Judge has spoken and Republicans lose again. McGahn must appear before Congress and every other person thusly presented a subpoena.

But what does the Supreme Court say?
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:37 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's one of many anti-democratic features of the US Constitution; not necessarily bad, just undemocratic.

Is it undemocratic for the UK to have their prime ministers chosen by MPs instead of chosen by a direct vote of the people?
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:43 pm
@BillW,
Let me add that there is enough evidence now that if this was not in the Federal Government at the Presidential level, the whole mob would be behind bars; including the mob boss!
BillW

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 09:59 pm
@BillW,
Pompeo says today that a Conspiracy Theory being pushed by Rudi and tRump (pluse many other Republicans) propagated by Russia tha Ukranian is the sponsor of the 2016 election interfere and the holder of the Democrat server (sic). Is this treason in open sight?

From the Constitution:
Quote:
Federal. Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 10:27 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Let me add that there is enough evidence now that if this was not in the Federal Government at the Presidential level, the whole mob would be behind bars; including the mob boss!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

BillW

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 10:33 pm
'Slow-moving blob' caused White House lockdown. It turned out later that it was just tRump who went up on the roof of the WH to smoke a joint with Rudi and Plumpeo ; and discuss mob tactics.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 26 Nov, 2019 11:05 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
This was supposed to help protect the republic from the rise of a demagogue.

Worked out well for Obama.

Quote:
Yeah, it's ******* hilarious.

And even funnier because it was completely unscripted, unexpected, and three years on, still not accepted by half the nation, yourself included.