monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Real Music

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 01:37 am
https://i.imgflip.com/145noa.jpg
roger

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 01:47 am
@Real Music,
I'm fairly sure 'shyster' doesn't apply. Still, you never know.
coluber2001

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 02:25 am
@roger,
I was thinking that shyster would be Trump's proudest trait.
0 Replies

Builder

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 02:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I am 77 and if I went to a doctor in the same way it would not be normal.

Sorry Edgar; lost internet mid-post, and only got half of it done.

What particular detail of the situation leads you to compare your health factors to that of #45?

Apparently doesn't drink, and for those who claim he has an amphetamine addiction, I've never seen a speed demon who can put on weight.
hightor

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 04:58 am
Don't miss this one, folks:

https://able2know.org/topic/540329-1#post-6928695
blatham

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 06:48 am
@hightor,
Definitely do NOT miss it!
Quote:
[Trump] believes these things because he’s two parts crazy, one part stupid, but also because he’s been engaging in corruption his entire life, to the point that it’s second nature. It’s not so much that he doesn’t understand the difference between right and wrong, it’s that corruption is his first instinct, and the only course of action in his mind.

Exactly. If we were to imagine a scale with Abe Lincoln at one end and Don Corleone at the other end, we know where Trump would fall. The only thing that makes that analogy imperfect is that Trump is far stupider than the Corleone character.

But I'd question the assumption that Trump knows right from wrong. I think he understands that there are laws and norms, certainly, but as with any bully or sociopath, he doesn't care. Moral constraints - even holding any sort of moral vision - is for losers.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 07:24 am
I, for one, believe every word of the following:
Quote:
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said it is “absolutely not” true that President Trump’s visit to a doctor Saturday was anything other than a routine physical exam, maintaining that he is “healthy as can be.”

“Oh, the rumors are always flying,” Grisham said Saturday when asked during an interview with Fox News Channel host Jeanine Pirro whether there was any truth to the speculation that the visit was out of the ordinary. “Absolutely not. He is healthy as can be. I put a statement out about that. He’s got more energy than anybody in the White House. That man works from 6 a.m. until, you know, very, very late at night. He’s doing just fine.”
WP
Walter Hinteler

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 08:30 am
@blatham,
This morning, Trump tweeted he might take up House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on a suggestion she made over the weekend.
Trump also claimed the rules of the inquiry had been rigged by Pelosi and Schiff, who has summoned four witnesses to appear before his panel on Tuesday alone.

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/kRMLWyHl.jpg
hightor

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 08:37 am
Buying Greenland didn't work out so well but Trump could become the hero of Hong Kong if China would agree to sell it to us. It's full of educated, hard working, middle class people and, as far as I know, lacks a Trump hotel. He should make an offer.
revelette3

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 09:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's a distraction, kind of like when he dangled an interview with Mueller and ended up only answering written questions which were limited at best by the time the lawyers got through with it. I doubt he will even answer written questions in the impeachment hearings. Democrats and the media would be wise to ignore it altogether; but they won't.
0 Replies

revelette3

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 09:24 am
70% of Americans say Trump’s actions tied to Ukraine were wrong: POLL
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 09:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

This morning, Trump tweeted he might take up House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on a suggestion she made over the weekend.
Trump also claimed the rules of the inquiry had been rigged by Pelosi and Schiff, who has summoned four witnesses to appear before his panel on Tuesday alone.

Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/kRMLWyHl.jpg

He's reminding her who pays her extracurricular salary
MontereyJack

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 09:59 am
@coldjoint,
Cherry picking of the FBI report, as usual by the right.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:04 am
@coldjoint,
try and tel me you're not getting raw hatred FROM trump. That's ben his stock in trade for years.
oralloy

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Trump is great at giving Democrats a healthy dose of their own medicine.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:36 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
try and tel me you're not getting raw hatred FROM trump.

Give me an example.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:37 am
@Real Music,
Your meme forgot president. Shocked
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:40 am
@coldjoint,
Any of his epithets for people. His reaction to Kezar Khan. His bhing Elijah Cumings. His bashing of people who disagree with him. His characterizations of Democrats.
MontereyJack

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:41 am
@oralloy,
nonsense.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Nov, 2019 10:59 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
His bashing of people who disagree with him.

Where do you think he picked that up?