monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:04 pm
@hightor,
I would say avoid them and try not to read articles about them.
hightor

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:21 pm
@coldjoint,
I think that's why so many people have you on "Ignore".
coldjoint

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:22 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I think that's why so many people have you on "Ignore".

That is their loss, not mine. Not that any of them are really worth talking to.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:38 pm
@oralloy,
Uber righties really hate it when dems scrupulously follow the constitution and the law and it ends up exposing the right's repeated lies, whoppers, and mis- and did-information.
blatham

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 02:01 pm
@hightor,
Jesus. That's a great piece!
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 04:48 pm
I have a question that has been nagging at me for years. Why does tRump always look like he is taking a **** when be is sitting down?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 05:44 pm
@MontereyJack,
Conservatives wouldn't hate that at all. The problem is, progressives don't do that. Progressives are always mired in endless crime and corruption.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 05:46 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
It would be such a pity if bullets slammed into his torso

Only a progressive would call for murdering people who defend our civil liberties.

blatham wrote:
rather than some black kid jaywalking.

If black kids do not want to be gunned down in self defense, they should stop trying to murder police officers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 05:47 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah, a frikkin tragedy.

What do progressives want to do more, murder people who defend our civil liberties, or murder police officers?

If progressives could do only one or the other, how would they resolve the dilemma?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:10 pm
In the last 24 hours, Elsie Stefanik's opponent in NY21 has received a half million in campaign donations. That'll teach her.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:21 pm
Quote:
Olivia Beavers
@Olivia_Beavers
Best quote I've seen so far in transcripts. đŸ”„

Q: Did everyone agree on that topic? Did anybody think US Amb to EU Gordon Sondland was adding value here?

Morrison replies: "Gordon did."
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:26 pm
Quote:
Craig Silverman, a former chief deputy district attorney in Denver and radio host on the conservative 710 KNUS, was fired midshow Saturday after criticizing President Donald Trump.

Silverman was in the middle of a segment about Roy Cohn, Trump’s former personal attorney, when he suddenly was interrupted by network news, he told The Denver Post.

Silverman’s producer threw his hands up in the air, indicating it wasn’t him.

Instead, the program director, Kelly Michaels, came through the door.

“You’re done,” Michaels said, Silverman recounted.
Denver Post
0 Replies

BillW

Sat 16 Nov, 2019 11:54 pm
Louisiana's Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards defeats Trump-backed businessman in close race, CNN projects

Washington(CNN)Louisiana Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards narrowly won reelection, CNN projected Saturday night, beating out Republican challenger Eddie Rispone, who was backed by President Donald Trump.

Edwards will claim victory in a deep red state Trump won by 20 percentage points in 2016, and against a businessman who closely aligned himself with the President. Trump held two rallies in Louisiana over the past 10 days, but the attempt at a last-minute boost was not enough to carry Rispone over the finish line.
revelette3

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 08:56 am
@BillW,
You will note that he did it by appealing to conservatives in the state he lives in and by distancing himself from democrats in Washington. If I lived in that state, I would have voted for him despite not really agreeing with perhaps his views on guns. He did expand Medicare which would have went a long with me.

Quote:
The victory was a deeply personal one for Mr. Edwards, a conservative Democrat in a state and region where his party can often be a disqualifier in statewide races. He campaigned on his accomplishments in office, like balancing the budget, increasing education spending and expanding Medicaid. He also highlighted his conservative stances on abortion and guns and showcased his background as a West Point graduate and son of a sheriff, to appeal to right-leaning voters.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/16/us/louisiana-governor-edwards-rispone.html
oralloy

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 09:22 am
@revelette3,
"and he doesn't support limits on semi-automatic rifles,"
http://apnews.com/75e622a014994d5d915265f74c110535

I'd consider voting for him, assuming that his record on guns is as-advertised. Although I'm still pissed off over the 2008 primaries and vote accordingly, so I'd have to think long and hard about it before I actually did so.
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 09:39 am
David Holmes, an official from the US embassy in Kiev who testified behind closed doors, said that he overheard the President's phone call with Ambassador Gordon Sondland in Ukraine where Trump inquired about his requests to Ukraine. Holmes said that during that call "I heard President Trump ask, so he's gonna do the investigation?' Ambassador Sondland replied that 'he's gonna do it,' adding that President Zelensky will do ‘anything you ask him to.'"

Aired on November 15, 2019

hightor

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 10:06 am
@Real Music,
Devastating.
oralloy

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 10:08 am
@hightor,
Doesn't seem all that devastating to me. All I did was shrug my shoulders.
snood

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 10:10 am
@oralloy,
But then, there’s nothing 45 has done or could do that you would condemn, isn’t that right?
oralloy

Sun 17 Nov, 2019 10:12 am
@snood,
Depends on what you mean by condemn. I did disagree with him betraying the Kurds.