monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:43 pm
@glitterbag,
Another post where you try to demean people that do not agree with you. The arrogance that got Trump elected will get him elected again.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:52 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

All the large urban centers — even in Texas — are more liberal than the empty white areas on your very small sample.

Walter and glitterbag, can you make room for me at the children's table?

We saved you a seat. I have a copy of the Annunciation House Ministry Goals. We can all take turns reading various paragraphs onto a tape, and then broadcasting it loud enough for Micky G to hear. We still need to find someone who speaks the same lingo as Mickey, because we might be able to make him listen but chances are slim he will ever grasp the difference between a religious outreach program, and actual God-damned hard facts.

Do you know anyone with an exaggerated sense of superiority and a lame sense of humor? Someone like that might be key. It would also be necessary for this person to have been a lackluster student, incredibly lazy about research and fact checking.
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:57 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Do you know anyone with an exaggerated sense of superiority and a lame sense of humor?

Yes, you. Mr. Green
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 01:57 pm
@McGentrix,
I got your point, McG, I just think it's inane.
McGentrix wrote:
I think the representation of all the states is why the US is the greatest nation in the history of the world. It's why everyone wants to come here and be part of it.

The map you posted shows that the 1545 migrants went to the more cosmopolitan urban areas. It doesn't indicate that they had any interest in "all the states" so that's obviously not why they come here.
blatham wrote:
Very odd theory given that most who come head straight for, you know, New York or California, not Idaho or Montana.

And your map shows that they do go to New York or California — which were mentioned because you brought them up earlier — and not to Montana and Idaho.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 02:12 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHvBkgMWkAIH8by?format=jpg&name=small
That is the support of Black male voters for Trump. How are Democrats ever going to win again?
neptuneblue

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 02:22 pm
@coldjoint,
So, a graphic that isn't identified or even labeled is supposed to mean something?
farmerman

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 02:52 pm
@neptuneblue,
hee hee hee.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 02:58 pm
Impeachment Inquiry Is Legal, Judge Rules, Giving Democrats a Victory

Quote:
The House is legally engaged in an impeachment inquiry, a federal judge ruled on Friday, delivering a major victory to House Democrats and undercutting arguments by President Trump and Republicans that the investigation is a sham.

The House Judiciary Committee is entitled to view secret grand jury evidence gathered by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia ruled in a 75-page opinion. Attorney General William P. Barr had withheld the material from lawmakers.

(...)

nyt
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 03:02 pm
Federal Budget Deficit Swelled to Nearly $1 Trillion in 2019

The Treasury Department said the deficit, which came in at $984 billion, will top $1 trillion in 2020.

Yeah, how 'bout them tax cuts that would pay for themselves!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 06:56 pm
@coldjoint,
The poll of black voters I=, a small pat of which joint reproduced without an actual cite, is apparently a hillharris pohttps://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2019/10/17/poll-reveals-surge-of-pro-trump-support-among-black-males

Joint conveniently leaves our that trmp's support aong black women is 7%. That's seven percent. Using the hill's figure of 32% support among black males, that averages out to 19.5% black support for trump. Pretty damn hard to win elections with under 20% support among a key deographic. I am also mindfl of the 2018 election, where the trumpies kept trumpeting the just walk away movement among yongblack voters as boding ill for the dems in the 2018 ekection. the election results came in and it became clear black voters did not Just Walk Away.. He ain't gonna do better in 2020..
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
First, your link goes to "address not understood".

Second, the link my source is written on it.
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 07:50 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
So, a graphic that isn't identified or even labeled is supposed to mean something?

Yes. I suppose it means a lot to the Democrats.
MontereyJack

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 08:08 pm
@coldjoint,
first, go to the link where it starts with https and you'll get there. second, all yours says is the hill. pretty generic. third, you were pretty deceptive in what you chose to post and what you left out. fourth your graphic basically tells us othing about what it all about. I was a bit slipshod, you are slipshoddier.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 08:09 pm
@coldjoint,
not at under 20% support it won't.
coldjoint

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 08:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
It won't be under 20% by the election. Democrats know that. Have them tell you. They are already worried about Blacks supporting Warren.
neptuneblue

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 09:38 pm
@coldjoint,
No, I don't suppose it does.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 10:33 pm
@coldjoint,
You guys jept predicting hugely increased back support for trum[ in 18. didn't happen. he hed a ray last night at a historicaly black college in SC last night. Almost none of the students came. He's got nothing for black people and they know it. You're right it wont'be 20%, probably more like the usual 12% or so he's fooled in the past. He put both feet up to the waist in **** with his trivialization of lynching comments and applying it to himself when it has always been done as murders of black people. He really knows how to sabotage himself with loose lips.
Builder

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 10:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
He put both feet up to the waist in **** with his trivialization of lynching comments and applying it to himself when it has always been done as murders of black people. He really knows how to sabotage himself with loose lips.

How very little you know about your own history.

Quote:
.....the former Vice President himself once used the same term when referencing the impeachment against former President Bill Clinton.

Hours after Trump made the characterization on Tuesday morning, Biden fired off a tweet of his own, saying “Impeachment is not ‘lynching,’ it is part of our Constitution.”

“Our country has a dark, shameful history with lynching, and to even think about making this comparison is abhorrent. It’s despicable.”

But in a 1998 CNN interview, Biden referred to the then-impending House impeachment probe against Clinton as a possible “partisan lynching.”

source
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 25 Oct, 2019 11:49 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/19y2zh.jpg
0 Replies

NSFW (view)