monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:29 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
coldjoint wrote:
Propaganda. The ADL is a propaganda wing of the progressives.

He said that, did he?

Did he add that he never attends to the history and press releases of the ADL because he doesn't speak Verminish?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:45 am
Media Matters keeps us up to date on Fox's contributions to the true and the sacred
Quote:
Fox News contributor Ken Starr downplays Bill Taylor's testimony about quid pro quo: Trump is a “disrupter”
10/22/19 11:03 PM EDT

On Fox, former acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker says “abuse of power is not a crime”
10/22/19 10:59 PM EDT

Laura Ingraham calls impeachment “revenge of the globalists”
10/22/19 10:42 PM EDT

Fox's Dan Bongino claims Bill Taylor’s testimony proved there was no quid pro quo
10/22/19 10:22 PM EDT

Sean Hannity: Trump's request for a “favor” from Ukraine isn't proof of a quid pro quo because Trump uses the word “favor” a lot
10/22/19 9:38 PM EDT
0 Replies

revelette3

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:52 am
@blatham,
Quote:
Bill Taylor, the target of this smear, was appointed to his post by the Trump administration (or a prior administration) as are all diplomatic staff.

Taylor was asked by Pompeo to be ambassador to replace the previous ambassador who was recalled in May because she was standing in the way of their shadowy mission of getting Ukraine to deliver to the President his goals of getting dirt on the Bidens' and proving the debunked conspiracy theory of Ukraine hiding the DNC server somewhere over there. Rolling Eyes
livinglava

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 07:59 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Quote:
Bill Taylor, the target of this smear, was appointed to his post by the Trump administration (or a prior administration) as are all diplomatic staff.

Taylor was asked by Pompeo to be ambassador to replace the previous ambassador who was recalled in May because she was standing in the way of their shadowy mission of getting Ukraine to deliver to the President his goals of getting dirt on the Bidens' and proving the debunked conspiracy theory of Ukraine hiding the DNC server somewhere over there. Rolling Eyes

Have you considered the possibility that there really is a Kompromat industry in that area of the world and that various people (left, right, and center) do business with it to get and/or control political power?

Maybe Trump is just mocking that method of political-manipulation, all the while knowing that there must be kompromat held somewhere on any politician who has managed to buy/sell their way into a prominent position.
blatham

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:10 am
@revelette3,
Yep. And as noted above, Trump's newest spokesperson described that Pompeo nominee as a "radical un-elected bureaucrat".

But I suppose you can't blame them in one sense. They argue that government is inevitably corrupt. They imply or even state that this is axiomatically true. It is, they insist, like a law of physics or a divinely mandated rule in Leviticus on the bad **** that will happen when you shave a goat's anus in the wrong direction.

So how on earth could they be other than totally corrupt when they become the government? That would be sinful and foolish.
0 Replies

revelette3

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:11 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Kompromat

?

I really have no idea of what you are saying, not sure it is relevant in the case of Trump abusing his office of Presidency to advance his conspiracy theories and to help his re-election chances. He knew from the beginning he had to discredit Joe Biden as he was considered the one with the best chance at beating Trump.

Unfortunately, with some of Biden's past comments being brought to the light of day where he don't show to advantage, his mistakes making him look old, Trump really didn't have to go to all the trouble.

With Mueller testimony not really delivering a slam dunk despite the report showing multiple examples of Trump and his cronies associations with those in the Russian government and multiple cases of obstruction of justice. Trump was sitting pretty good for re-election chances. He should have just went with it. Instead he shot himself in the foot.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:15 am
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:

Quote:
Kompromat

?

I really have no idea of what you are saying,

You should see his thread on the Roman Empire. It's got Walter and me rubbing our heads.

It's like talking to a small kid who thinks you'll just know what he means because you're the grown up.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:22 am
Steve Benen, in noting McConnell's refusal to support Trump's lie about a conversation between them (which never happened, McConnell says) brings up an obvious possibility
Quote:
There are a couple of angles to this that are worth keeping in mind. The first is the fact that McConnell was willing yesterday to publicly contradict his party’s president in a way that made Trump look bad. It would’ve been easy for McConnell to harmlessly go along with Trump’s recent claim – whether the two chatted about the Zelensky call is of minor significance – but the Kentucky Republican wanted everyone to know that what the president said wasn’t true.

McConnell is an experienced political weatherman, and watching him yesterday, it was hard not to wonder whether he’s aware of a shift in the direction of the prevailing winds.
Here

Checking Media Matters this morning, I could find no mention at this point of Fox staff mentioning this Trump/McConnell conflict. Not surprising. It's a bit awkward.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
It has nothing to do with minorities, it has to do with counting non-citizens as part of the voting block. It's about giving representation to people who are not citizens and who can't vote and shouldn't have a say about what goes on in this country. We already see the DNC making political pitches towards illegal immigrants and making promises to give them services and money reserved for citizens and paid for by US citizens.
neptuneblue

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:29 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
We already see the DNC making political pitches towards illegal immigrants and making promises to give them services and money reserved for citizens and paid for by US citizens.

Such as basic humanistic needs of food, shelter, clothing?
Baldimo

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:37 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Such as basic humanistic needs of food, shelter, clothing?

Such as having US politicians giving political pitches to illegal immigrants and making promises to them about using US taxpayer money to provide for them. This is only going to increase the amount of people who want to illegally enter the US. We are under no obligation to provide for people who illegal enter the US and stay without permission from the US govt.
blatham

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:43 am
Corruption Notes From All Over
Quote:
Bloomberg reported Friday that Firtash paid diGenova and Toensing $1 million for their dirt-digging work, which the publication reported was part of an effort to get Rudy Giuliani’s help in the oligarch’s legal case.
TPM
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:44 am
@Baldimo,
That's not a very Christian, um, scratch that

I mean that's a Republican stance for ya.
Baldimo

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:54 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
That's not a very Christian, um, scratch that I mean that's a Republican stance for ya.

I'm not a Christian or a Republican. I'm an America first type person. We can hardly take care of our own citizens and the DNC wants to open it all up to the rest of the world. I see your stance as anti-American, you and the DNC seem more concerned with the plight of illegal immigrants than your own fellow citizens. States like CA and headed down hill and want to take the rest of us with them, they have moved to CO and are now making the same BS moves here that destroyed CA.
neptuneblue

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 08:58 am
@Baldimo,
California moved to Colorado?

Huh.

Good to know.

I'll check on that and get back to you. I just might be interested in beach front property in the mountains.
Baldimo

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:04 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
California moved to Colorado?

Really, this is the best you got? You know I meant people from CA moved to CO, brought their shitting voting records with them and are now repeating the same mess here. Don't play dumb.

farmerman

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:08 am
@Baldimo,
If Calif were a country it would have an economy 3X that of Russia.I believe Calif is the 5th largest economy in the world. Why do you wish to continue disenfranchising California Voters.
Is the treson that Trump proposes also including totally doing away with the Bill of Rights??
neptuneblue

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:11 am
@Baldimo,
Oh, ok, you meant PEOPLE.

Live, human, eating, drinking, breathing, pooping, PEOPLE.

Baldimo

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:12 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
If Calif were a country it would have an economy 3X that of Russia.I believe Calif is the 5th largest economy in the world. Why do you wish to continue disenfranchising California Voters.

What type of crack are you smoking? Nothing in my comments suggested disenfranchinsing CA voters, they can vote for their leftist crap in CA. The problem is they have moved to CO and started to push the same broken policies that are destroying CA. Have you seen the streets of LA and SF recently, it's starting to look like a 3rd world country in those major US cities.
izzythepush

Wed 23 Oct, 2019 09:20 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Oh, ok, you meant PEOPLE.

Live, human, eating, drinking, breathing, pooping, PEOPLE.

This has just made the headlines over here, the human cost behind all this trafficking.

Quote:
The bodies of 39 people have been found in a lorry container in Essex.

The vehicle, believed to be from Bulgaria, was found shortly before 01:40 BST at Waterglade Industrial Park in Grays, police said.

Everyone inside the container, 38 adults and one teenager, died, Essex Police said.

The lorry driver, a 25-year-old man from Northern Ireland, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Police said the vehicle entered the UK via Holyhead, Anglesey, on Saturday.

Deputy Chief Constable Pippa Mills said identifying the victims remained a "number one priority", but was expected to be a "lengthy process".

The National Crime Agency said it had sent officers to assist and identify any "organised crime groups who may have played a part".

Seamus Leheny, Northern Ireland policy manager for the Freight Transport Association, said if the lorry had come from Bulgaria, getting into Britain via Holyhead was an "unorthodox route".

He added with reports of increased security checks at Dover and Calais "it might be seen as an easier way to get in by going from Cherbourg or Roscoff, over to Rosslare, then up the road to Dublin".

Richard Burnett, chief executive of the Road Haulage Association, said the container appeared to be a refrigerated unit, where temperatures could be as low as -25C.

He described conditions for anyone inside as "absolutely horrendous".

A spokesman for the Bulgarian foreign affairs ministry said it had not been confirmed whether the truck was registered in the country.

"There is also no indication of the nationality of the human bodies found in the truck," he said.

Police have appealed for witnesses and anyone with information about the lorry's route to contact them.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said it was an "unimaginable tragedy and truly heartbreaking".

Speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, he said: "I know that the thoughts and prayers of all members will be with those who lost their lives and their loved ones.

"I'm receiving regular updates. The Home Office will work closely with Essex Police as we establish exactly what has happened."

Home Secretary Priti Patel said she was "shocked and saddened", while Thurrock MP Jackie Doyle-Price said it was "sickening news".

During PMQs, Ms Doyle-Price said: "To put 39 people into a locked metal container shows a contempt for human life that is evil. The best thing we can do in memory of those victims is to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice."

Mr Johnson responded saying "all such traders in human beings should be hunted down and brought to justice".

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said it was an "unbelievable human tragedy", adding: "Can we just think for a moment of what it must have been like for those 39 people, obviously in a desperate and dangerous situation, for their lives to end, suffocated to death in a container?"

Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar told the Dail that investigations would be undertaken to establish if the lorry had passed through Ireland.

More at link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50150070<br /> <br />

Calling the route taken unorthodox is a bit misleading. Holyhead is in North Wales the other side of the country from mainland Europe, most trade is with Ireland.