monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:16 pm
@oralloy,
Calling somebody principled who runs out on our allies and leaves them to be slaughtered, as they have been after spending years and their own blood as the proxy spearhead against ISIS for us, is totally Unprincipled. But that's purist Trump.
MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:19 pm
@coldjoint,
No. I mean he can change his mind after he sees more of the twaddle the right wingers keep posting on his brainchild. He did and he's welcome to keep doing it. If you don't like it, feel free to leave and start your own thread.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's called changing your mind. You should try it sometime.

I do.

MontereyJack wrote:
Blatham is always welcome back n his own thread.

He doesn't contribute anything. All he does is point at people that he thinks are probably an intellectual and say "Look everyone! I think what they think!" so that we can all marvel at his supposed intellectualism.

MontereyJack wrote:
His posts are always spot on.

Only if by random chance he happens to point to someone who happens to be correct when he plays his "I think what that guy over there thinks" game.

MontereyJack wrote:
More than can be said for the wild-eyed rightists.

Let's see if you can point out anyplace where a conservative poster is wrong about anything. A nice factual debate would be far more interesting than listening to Blatham tell us that he thinks the same thing as some other person.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Not preposterous.

I find the interpretation preposterous. And so will Republican senators if the Democrats are foolish enough to impeach.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As I said, the inquiry continues.

You were wrong then and you are wrong now. They have not even voted to start an inquiry.

MontereyJack wrote:
No need to vote on it.

There is if you want to start a real inquiry. Good luck getting the Supreme Court to support fake subpoenas issued by a fake inquiry.

MontereyJack wrote:
And you're free to fantasize about what SCOTUS will do, but as usual it just remains your fantasy until they do it if they ever do.

I'll leave the fantasizing to delusional progressives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And you certainly don't speak for most Americans either. You will notice that a majority of Americans support the impeachment inquiry. Your witch hunt meme is in the dumpster as far as the country is concerned.

There are more than enough Americans who are outraged by this witch hunt to prevent Trump from being removed from office.
oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Calling somebody principled who runs out on our allies and leaves them to be slaughtered, as they have been after spending years and their own blood as the proxy spearhead against ISIS for us, is totally Unprincipled. But that's purist Trump.

The most important thing here is that Trump protects our civil liberties and prevents progressives from violating our civil liberties for fun.

Everything else is secondary to that.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:34 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
There are more than enough Americans who are outraged by this witch hunt to prevent Trump from being removed from office.

I agree, and I think the 2020 election will be an indicator of that. The House majority for Dems will be gone and Trump will win handily.

Crows will most likely go on the endangered list after four more years of liberals eating it.
MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:38 pm
@oralloy,
No, Trump flames out on his stands to do something about gun violence and bows obsequiously to the violent NRA. He's just as unprincipled there as he is in everything else he touches.
coldjoint

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
to do something about gun violence

He has tried to stop sanctuary cities by de funding them. He has ICE deporting violent criminals. He has called out Democratic shitholes. A lot of gun violence comes from those sources. He has done a lot.
MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:55 pm
@coldjoint,
Remember trump lost the vote 9n 2016,. Nobody has forgotten and he hasn't won any converts. Hed keeps ;osomg head t head matchups with at least five Democrats. He's lost four years of his old supporters, and four years worth of millennials will be voting this year for the first time, and they are angry. I think he's bucking stronger headwinds than you think.
MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:56 pm
@coldjoint,
And all of the lot he has done is bad/
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 08:58 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Trump flames out on his stands to do something about gun violence and bows obsequiously to the violent NRA.

Progressives are not trying to do anything about gun violence. Progressives are trying only to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Trump is right to undermine such attempts. Protecting our civil liberties is his job, and he does it well.

You cannot provide any examples of the NRA being violent. The NRA as well only prevents progressives from violating people's civil liberties for fun.
oralloy

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 09:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Remember trump lost the vote 9n 2016,.

That is incorrect. Trump got 304 votes and Hillary got 227 votes.
Builder

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 09:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Where does he talk about arranging the job for his son?

Explain how Hunter would "qualify" for such a job, when he has zero experience in that role.

Much like the Clinton's Pay to Play scams, this has mud all over it.

Feel free to ignore that, though. It's what you're best at.
coluber2001

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 12:23 am
Mattis laughs off Trump criticism: 'I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals'

By Paul LeBlanc, CNN
Oct. 17,2019

Washington (CNN) - Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Thursday laughed off the news that President Donald Trump had called him "the world's most overrated general," joking that he's not just an overrated general, but the greatest overrated general.

"So I would just tell you, I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress," Mattis said at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York. "So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals and frankly that sounds pretty good to me."

"And, you do have to admit, between me and Meryl, at least we've had some victories," he added.

Trump disparaged Mattis -- who resigned as defense secretary last year -- during a contentious White House meeting Wednesday with congressional Democratic leaders to discuss Trump's decision to pull US troops from Syria, according to a Democratic source familiar with the meeting.

Trump has previously leveled criticism at Streep, considered one of the best actors of her generation, just before taking office after she used an acceptance speech at the Golden Globes to criticize the then-President elect. Streep referenced Trump's mocking of a disabled New York Times reporter in her speech and said Trump used his position to "bully others."

The following day Trump called Streep "one of the most over-rated actresses in Hollywood" and referred to her as "a Hillary flunky who lost big."

During his speech on Thursday, Mattis insisted that Trump's comments didn't bother him. Mattis riffed that he "earned my spurs at the battlefield" while Trump "earned his spurs from a letter from the doctor" in a pointed jab at his former boss' cited reason for avoiding the Vietnam War draft.

Mattis went on to joke that "the only person on the military that Mr. Trump doesn't think is overrated" is "Colonel Sanders," the founder of the Kentucky Fried Chicken fast food restaurant chain.

Mattis resigned in December 2018 on the heels of Trump's announced plans to withdraw troops from Syria, citing irreconcilable policy differences in a move that took Washington by surprise at the was
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 03:58 am
@oralloy,
Trump lost the actual votes by nearly three million. electors are not actual people, theyre merely placeholders. and the ec doesn't vote until there is an actual election,, not a sham one the founding fsthers foisted on us. Actual people did not give trump or his agenda enough to win. why do you think he'll get more votes this time around when he persistently alient=ates huge swaths of the electorate?
MontereyJack

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 04:01 am
@oralloy,
Utter nonsense. the NRA tries to get guns into as many hands as possible, which means they enable Stephen paddock, Dylan roof, the el paso shooter and the Dayton shooter amongst others to do their evil work. that's violence right there.
Builder

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 04:08 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Trump lost the actual votes by nearly three million

In California. One state out of how many? Is it fifty-one?

The results were conclusive. Still butthurt much?
blatham

Fri 18 Oct, 2019 04:32 am
Watching Mulvaney drop that stick of dynamite yesterday, it seemed to me quite understandable. Truth is easy to keep straight. A web of lies like these guys have spun is quite different. And as they are not geniuses...
0 Replies