monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 12:39 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
now discredited "hockey stick" of the Univ. Pa & Gore era

Only in your discredited mind. The "hockey stick graph" has been confirmed time and time again.

Or did you refer to some sharpie-edited version from your champion of lies?
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 12:54 am
@Olivier5,
Confirmation with biased and unreliable data is meaningless.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 12:57 am
@oralloy,
Yes, you deniers are ridiculous alright. It seems you are unable to fight of your own misinformation.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 01:08 am
@Olivier5,
There is no fight. Your biased data is meaningless, and no one cares about your hysteria.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 01:59 am
@oralloy,
I have collected no data on GW. I just keep myself informed of general scientific progress about it. The true version of course, not the FAUX-pedalled **** you swallow.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:09 am
@Olivier5,
Why do leftists always babble about Fox when they have no way of defending their position?

Keeping yourself informed about biased and unreliable data is an interesting hobby, but you can't change the fact that the data is useless.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:17 am
@oralloy,
Disinformed cretins from the US aside, everybody knows it's true, rightists included. Keeping your head in the sand will only get you dead. Nations who take climate change seriously and prepare for it have a better chance of surviving it than those who don't.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
everybody knows it's true,

Nice logical fallacy.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Your data is still useless.

And "your" is not meant to signify that you collected the data yourself. Rather it merely refers to the fact that you keep talking about this data as if it is somehow relevant.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:27 am
@oralloy,
I told you already: it's not my data, and if you don't want to use it, that's entirely your decision.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:29 am
@Olivier5,
Again, "your" is not meant to signify that you collected the data yourself. Rather it merely refers to the fact that you keep talking about this data as if it is somehow relevant.

As for decisions, I've decided to disregard biased and useless data.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:37 am
@oralloy,
It is relevant to my children's life and survival. It's also relevant to my political choices. Thank you very much for uour lack of attention.
Builder

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:39 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Large-scale energy storage is likely to remain an intractable problem for a long time

You're slow on the uptake, laddie.

source

Quote:
The 100 MW output of the Tesla battery might appear small compared to South Australia's peak energy demand of about 3000 MW, but its ability to quickly inject electricity within a fraction of a second is a large factor in its success.

AEMO is now working on a new protection scheme, and Tesla's big battery will play a part.

It aims to detect high flows on the interconnector and trigger the battery to start discharging its full output as quickly as possible, while shedding power to homes and businesses if required.

The battery is capable of responding more quickly to problems than coal, gas or hydro

According to AEMO the speed, precision and agility of the battery is unprecedented in dealing with both major power system disturbances and day-to-day frequency variations.

And on December 18 it got the chance to prove it, when a coal generator in New South Wales tripped.

The battery was able to respond to the sudden loss of 689 megawatts of generation within a fraction of a second.

A gas or steam turbine might have taken minutes to respond and adjust.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:39 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It is relevant to my children's life and survival.

Not when the data is biased and skewed so as to give an unreliable result.
Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:45 am
@oralloy,
Leave it to me to decide what's relevant to me. I know far more about these things than you do, disinformed as you are.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:48 am
@Olivier5,
You cannot point out any errors in anything that I've said.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:49 am
@Olivier5,
I can, but you cannot understand what I say, disinformed as you are.
oralloy

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 04:52 am
@Olivier5,
Your failure to point out anything that I'm wrong about speaks for itself.
blatham

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 05:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
A LITHIUM GAP? (gsp)
Oh no!
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 05:04 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Please don't do that again. You need to trust me on this one.
I guess it is one of those trust but verify things.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 9 Sep, 2019 05:36 am
This is interesting
Quote:
Several Republicans over the weekend criticized President Donald Trump’s plans for a secret now-cancelled meeting with the Taliban at Camp David, which was supposed to be held several days before the anniversary of 9/11.

“Camp David is where America’s leaders met to plan our response after al Qaeda, supported by the Taliban, killed 3000 Americans on 9/11,” House Republican leader Liz Cheney (R-WY) tweeted on Sunday. “No member of the Taliban should set foot there. Ever.”
TPM
A similar sentiment from this guy
Quote:
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), a member of the Air Force who also sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, forcefully condemned the meeting several hours after Trump made the announcement on Saturday.

“Never should leaders of a terrorist organization that hasn’t renounced 9/11 and continues in evil be allowed in our great country,” Kinzinger tweeted. “NEVER. Full stop.”

I'm convinced that Cheney wants the WH and I'm also convinced that many unpleasant sorts and economic interests want her there as well. They'll support Trump only as long as he serves his purpose. As Norquist put it:
Quote:
"All we have to do is replace Obama. ... We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. ... We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate. [...]
Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared."
Daily Beast
(side note for georgeob... note Norquist's use of "conservative movement". You've suggested before this is a term I've made up or that voices on the left have created. The term was generated as a self-descriptor by people like Norquist).

But when it's perceived that he's going to cause more trouble for their aims than he's worse, they'll begin tearing him down. Those with ambition will try to supplant him in the GOP base's mental universe. It's certainly possible that Cheney has seen an opening here to put a knife in Trump in a manner and situation that's relatively safe for her to do so.