monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Britain is an example of xenophobic scum forcing the country down the shitter.

I think it’s unfair to brand a diverse set of motivations under that one ugly banner.
oralloy

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:03 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think we’ll all be governed more locally within a couple of decades.

How so? Do you think the political conservatives on the Supreme Court will begin enforcing the Tenth Amendment?
izzythepush

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:03 pm
@Lash,
Either you've picked up the wrong end of the stick or you're being selective. This isn't a move in tandem with Brexit, it's because of it. Scotland had a referendum, they voted to stay in the UK. One of the reasons was EU membership, Scotland voted to remain in the EU.

If Scotland were to become independent the first order of business would be EU membership.
Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:13 pm
@izzythepush,
I understand that.
How long since Scotland struck out in a different direction than Britain? It’s about independent ideas, not temporary motivation.

I’m sure you stop analyzing at —Scotland hated Britain’s decision. That seems accurate. I see more independent thought, people’s revolutions, and continuing dissolutions.

Everywhere. I understand your argument. I’m seeing beyond it.

Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:18 pm
@oralloy,
I think people don’t think their governments are responsive, and we’ll continue to see entities like the EU losing members, and popular revolts like Hong Kong, Catalonia, and France / PR —although France / PR isn’t against an entity, but leadership.
izzythepush

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:30 pm
@Lash,
No you're not, you're filling up great big gaps of knowledge with wishful thinking pie in the sky ideology.

Please don't be another one of those who claims some sort of special insight. we've had quite enough of them.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 01:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually, (Great) Britain is an island with Scotland in the North.
(The United Kingdom is a sovereign state comprising the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands.)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 02:13 pm
@Lash,
France / PR?
Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 02:36 pm
@InfraBlue,
France’s months-long Yellow Vest revolt against Macron; Puerto Rico’s successful ouster today of their corrupt, elitist governor.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 02:40 pm
@izzythepush,
I’m content to watch, but you HAVE to acknowledge the trends, yes?
Builder

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 02:45 pm
Interesting developments here regarding Seth Rich and wikileaks.

It's a long article, so I'll just post a couple of paragraphs.....

Quote:
Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a California Republican who is friendly to Russia and chairs an important House subcommittee on Eurasia policy, became the first American congressman to meet with Assange during a three-hour private gathering at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where the WikiLeaks founder has been holed up for years.

Rohrabacher recounted his conversation with Assange to The Hill.

“Our three-hour meeting covered a wide array of issues, including the WikiLeaks exposure of the DNC [Democratic National Committee] emails during last year’s presidential election,” Rohrabacher said, “Julian emphatically stated that the Russians were not involved in the hacking or disclosure of those emails.”

Pressed for more detail on the source of the documents, Rohrabacher said he had information to share privately with President Trump.

...and the conclusion. One to watch.

Quote:
The DNC hack claim is contingent upon analysis by Crowdstrike computer forensics who were paid by the DNC to look into the issue. The FBI was never allowed to review the servers independently, and now we know the FBI never even looked at a full forensics report from Crowdstrike.

Almost all independent research into this DNC hack narrative challenges the claims of a Russia hack of the DNC servers; and now this bombshell court filing, again if accurate, makes the DOJ claim completely collapse.

Lastly, if we are to believe everything that is factually visible; including the admissions by the FBI and DOJ itself; and it is proven that Seth Rich was indeed the source of the DNC emails and there was no hack; well,… what does that say about Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein, who would have had to know they were pushing abject lies in their dubious Russian indictments.

The ramifications of this court filing are huge.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 02:58 pm
@Lash,
Not if I don't think they're connected. The yellow vests are very different politically from the protesters in Puerto Rico.
Builder

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:00 pm
And this, on Nadler's "hearing".

Quote:
(on Mueller) Though he is a hugely accomplished public servant, he was a spectacularly unimpressive witness, often coming off as unfamiliar with his own report or otherwise confused.

Republicans in turn launched various attacks on the investigation, which Mueller dodged as “not my purview.” How this whole Russia investigation started isn’t the business of the Russia investigator? That’s hard to believe.

What did we learn? Nothing. What’s the impact? Nothing. If Nadler was hoping to get Democrats and their voters energized about impeachment, he’ll surely be disappointed.

And we’re no closer to knowing how much this long investigation relied on opposition research by Hillary Clinton and dirty tricks by intelligence operatives appalled by Donald Trump.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:07 pm
@izzythepush,
They’re doing the same...thing!
Builder

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:16 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
They’re doing the same...thing!

Now it seems okay for others to have an "opinion" and pass it off as fact, but when you do the same, you get attacked for it, and even your gender enters this "discussion".

Which is why I don't bother with that type here.

The fact that they spend the bulk of their time here, is also highly suspect.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:37 pm
Did any of you hear about the case in Canada, where a "trans-man" is suing about a dozen women who refused to wax his balls? He wanted a female Brazilian wax but they refused because he has balls and not a vagina.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trans-woman-who-was-refused-waxing-services-kicks-off-identity-wars-online-194820806.html
InfraBlue

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:54 pm
@Lash,
What things are they doing the same?
BillRM

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 06:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Did any of you hear about the case in Canada, where a "trans-man" is suing about a dozen women who refused to wax his balls? He wanted a female Brazilian wax but they refused because he has balls and not a vagina.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trans-woman-who-was-refused-waxing-services-kicks-off-identity-wars-online-194820806.html

Off hand it sound like a fake story.
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 06:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
They're attempting to overthrow their countries' leadership...

Puerto Rico's governor is expected to announce his resignation. The Yellow Vest protests against Macron have been going on ...almost a year? Not sure. I do know I don't see it on the news I watch.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/07/french-police-clash-yellow-vest-protesters-bastille-day-190714140406414.html

Baldimo

Wed 24 Jul, 2019 06:50 pm
@Lash,
It's been going on since Nov 2018.