monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Olivier5

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:47 am
@snood,
Quote:
So you’re saying they all weren’t “particularly bright”?

Beuh... yes? A truly smart person is not somebody who writes elegantly about how to deal with yesterday's problems and opportunities. How bright does one need to be to repeat the same tired diagnostics for decades? No, a truly smart person can see new **** coming and adapt to it.
snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:44 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
So you’re saying they all weren’t “particularly bright”?

Beuh... yes? A truly smart person is not somebody who writes elegantly about how to deal with yesterday's problems and opportunities. How bright does one need to be to repeat the same tired diagnostics for decades? No, a truly smart person can see new **** coming and adapt to it.

Well, I’ll give you this: You spin arrogant 20/20 hindsight as well as anyone.

Since you so slyly saw Trump coming, would you be so beneficent as to give us all your Nostradoofus prediction for who wins in 2020?
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 09:53 am
@snood,
Did I hit a nerve?
Walter Hinteler

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:04 am
Quote:
Donald Trump is seen partying at his Mar-a-Lago Club with financier Jeffrey Epstein in a November 1992 tape aired Wednesday by NBC News that shows the now-president dancing with cheerleaders, patting a woman on her backside and appearing to point out other women to him.

Tape shows Donald Trump and Jeffrey Epstein discussing women at 1992 party

Quote:
While Trump and Epstein were known to have socialized in Palm Beach, where Trump’s club is located, the president has sought to downplay the extent of their relationship and said he had a falling out with the financier and cut off their relationship 15 years ago.
[...]
The video, in which Trump is 46, was shot more than a decade before Epstein pleaded guilty to felony prostitution charges in Florida.

NBC News said the footage was shot for Faith Daniels’s talk show, “A Closer Look,” as part of a profile of the newly divorced Trump’s lifestyle. The network identified the women surrounding Trump at his club as cheerleaders for the Buffalo Bills, who were in town for a game against the Miami Dolphins.

Trump is shown dancing with the women as music blares and pulling one of them closer to him and then patting her on her rear end.

Later in the video, Trump is shown greeting Epstein and two other new arrivals at the party, telling them, “C’mon, go inside.”

Trump later appears to be pointing out women to Epstein, as he stands beside him. Though his comments are not audible, NBC News said Trump appears to be saying, “Look at her, back there. … She’s hot.”

At another point, Trump whispers something inaudible in Epstein’s ear, and he doubles over in laughter.
[...]
WP
Olivier5

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 12:14 pm
@snood,
And if I had to place a bet, I would say Trump has good chances of being re-'elected' in 2020.

Caveat 1: a year is an eternity in politics. The voters will change and rechange their minds. There's doubt among some red cappers. I wish to add to the adage and venture that it's hard to fool even the stupidest people all of the time.

Caveat 2: my previous bets on US presidential elections have been quite consistantly wrong. I'm not saying I can read the future better than anyone else. I'm saying that to me, the mark of a true leader is his/her capacity to see and deal with emerging issues as and when they come.

It was obvious during the campaign that Trump posed all sorts of risks, including the risk of winning. I believe HRC didn't see him coming as a serious challenger during the campaign. She didn't take the measure of the threat. She was the candidate, not I. She knew the guy, I didn't. And yet he looked to me like he was dangerous, his speeches, his meetings attended by folks that were a bit too intense... The sense of a nightmare unfolding started a long time before election day. Then I read Michael Moore's letter, "5 REASONS WHY TRUMP WILL WIN", and it gave me pause.

Still on election day my money was on Clinton...
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 12:51 pm
I loved the newly minted "Nostradoofus". Made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 03:47 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?

You flatter yourself. I simply speak my mind.
glitterbag

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 04:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?

Nah, I don't think so. Lighten up, it was funny.
Brand X

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 04:44 pm
The Trump administration has approved a Turkish shipment of US-made anti-tank missiles to al-Qaeda-linked Islamist rebels fighting a Russian-backed offensive in Syria’s Idlib province.
By Ben Norton

'While the US corporate media continues propagating the conspiracy theory that Donald Trump is a secret Kremlin asset, the Trump administration has approved heavy weapons for al-Qaeda-allied, Turkey-backed militants to fight against a Russian-backed offensive in Syria.'

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/31/us-missiles-al-qaeda-turkey-syria-idlib/
snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 05:36 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?

Hey GB-
It’s true that when we lose the use of one sense, the others become sharper. Olivier has no sense of humor; hence his exaggerated sense of self-importance.
😄
hawkeye10

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:08 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

Did I hit a nerve?

Hey GB-
It’s true that when we lose the use of one sense, the others become sharper. Olivier has no sense of humor; hence his exaggerated sense of self-importance.
😄

Just about no one on the left can manage humor anymore, which is why what remains of the comedian profession avoid University campuses.

The West is dying.

RAPIDLY!
snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
Name a few funny conservative comedians.
glitterbag

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:36 pm
@snood,
Lindsey Graham.
NSFW (view)
hawkeye10

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:47 pm
About half the time when I want comedy I turn on a Carlin. I would dearly love to see some good comedy from Hollywood but they dont make that anymore, they dont have either the will nor the capacity. The good old stuff has mostly be purged from the streaming services. I am up **** Creek.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:50 pm
@glitterbag,
🤔
0 Replies

snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

snood wrote:

Conservatives have long been cucks for the Left (which is how we got to Trump...the populist revolt against the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!), and universities of long been run by the Left....comedy is of poor quality everywhere, as are movies, as is the academy, as is journalism, as is politics, as is medicine, as is the so-called justice system as in....

We are going to get our asses kicked by those who do things better.

So... you’re saying no right wing comedians?
hawkeye10

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 06:57 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

snood wrote:

Conservatives have long been cucks for the Left (which is how we got to Trump...the populist revolt against the FAILED INTELLIGENTSIA!), and universities of long been run by the Left....comedy is of poor quality everywhere, as are movies, as is the academy, as is journalism, as is politics, as is medicine, as is the so-called justice system as in....

We are going to get our asses kicked by those who do things better.

So... you’re saying no right wing comedians?

Is your "Follow Along" broken?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:05 pm
For Snood, who never was all that skilled in following along and/or understanding things: I have not been a Conservative since 1983 and I have not been a Liberal since the late 80's when I decided that I could not any longer claim affiliation with a political movement that had already decided that lying and bullying to get what they wanted was JUST FINE AND DANDY!. I am now in League with folks like are found on the Intellectual Dark Web and other avenues of the rebellion against this abusive and otherwise failed intelligentsia.

I intend to vote for Warren, though if she gets any closer the the Regressive Left I will not be able to do so. Open borders for instance is a Red Line for me.
snood

Wed 17 Jul, 2019 07:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
You answered a simple question with a nonsensical, non sequitur rant. I’m not the one with comprehension problems. Here ya go - back on ignore.