monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:59 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
1 Campaign finances: Trump had less than half of what Hillary had in the election. She had almost $1.2 billion and Trump had less than $650 million. So money had nothing to do with the election.

What about "non-partisan" issue ads from various advocacy groups, many of their sponsors aren't identified and many of them push for well-known conservative causes? And while Russia didn't have to spend much to infiltrate social media platforms, they sure saved the Trump campaign from having to pay for a lot of attack ads.
Quote:
Before you claim the media helped Trump, keep in mind that he was receiving far more negative coverage than positive coverage, so the media didn't help Trump.

Coverage (of any kind) gave him legitimacy and "negative" coverage from liberal media sources simply galvanized his emerging base and was evident in his rallies.
Baldimo

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:41 am
@hightor,
Quote:
What about "non-partisan" issue ads from various advocacy groups, many of their sponsors aren't identified and many of them push for well-known conservative causes?

Are you working on the idea that liberals don't do the same thing?

Quote:
Coverage (of any kind) gave him legitimacy and "negative" coverage from liberal media sources simply galvanized his emerging base and was evident in his rallies.

I saw a MSM that was hell bent on destroying a Presidential candidate. I saw a media that hyped "violence" at Trump rallies but down played it when it was against Trump supporters. This same crap has continued with the MSM covering for Antifa and tell us they were good guys... The media is not on the side of average Americans.
hightor

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:08 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Are you working on the idea that liberals don't do the same thing?

Did I say that?
Quote:
I saw a MSM that was hell bent on destroying a Presidential candidate.

No, they weren't out to "destroy" the candidate. They did draw attention to his deficiencies and to the novelty of a reality-TV figure securing the nomination of a major party but "destruction" is a bit hyperbolic. He was treated much better by the MSM than Clinton was by the alt-right, the Russian trolls, and the conservative meme machine.
Quote:
I saw a media that hyped "violence" at Trump rallies but down played it when it was against Trump supporters.

How about when it was from Trump himself?
https://www.snopes.com/tachyon/2018/02/19510578_334932460273028_4437980780719315754_n.jpg?resize=768,871
Ha ha.
Quote:
This same crap has continued with the MSM covering for Antifa and tell us they were good guys...

Oh yeah "antifa" — do you actually think it represents a real threat? How about a citation where a major news outlet identifies antifa protestors as "good guys"?
Baldimo

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:28 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Did I say that?

You pointed out conservatives doing it and left it at that.

Quote:
No, they weren't out to "destroy" the candidate.

Yes they were. The MSM to this day is still working on the same equation, destroy Trump, Orange man bad! The 2 years of Russia BS isn't helping your stance.

Quote:
He was treated much better by the MSM than Clinton was by the alt-right, the Russian trolls, and the conservative meme machine.

Oh please, alt-right is also a bunch of crap. What a majority of the left and MSM call "alt-right" are nothing more than average Americans who don't believe in the leftist/MSM tripe.

Russian trolls? That's another piece of BS from the MSM, pushing a false narrative. People have used that crap against longtime users of this site, it's a meme of itself on how it gets pushed around and promoted by the MSM.

Conservative meme machine... you really have lost it haven't you.

Quote:
How about when it was from Trump himself?

That's exactly what I'm talking about the MSM hyping. They failed to mention the violence outside his events by the left. San Jose, Chicago and at least 2 other cities had riots break out and Trump supporters were attacked and assaulted. Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Oh yeah "antifa" — do you actually think it represents a real threat? How about a citation where a major news outlet identifies antifa protestors as "good guys"?

CNN and MSNBC are the primary defenders of Antifa. Don Lemon has spent a bunch of time trying to protect Antifa. Let's also not forget that an entire city is protecting Antifa, Portland had major protests last weekend, and they put 3 people in the hospital with head injuries... Did you hear about those attacks?
Walter Hinteler

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 12:15 pm
Attorney General William P. Barr condemned anti-Semitism and racism in a speech Monday at the Justice Department — comments that came a day after President Trump declared that some minority lawmakers should leave the country.
Attorney General William P. Barr wrote:
My concern today is that under the banner of identity politics, some political factions are seeking to obtain power by dividing Americans, and they undermine the values that draw us together, such as a shared commitment to our country’s success.

Is he the next to be replaced?
BillRM

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 12:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Attorney General William P. Barr condemned anti-Semitism and racism in a speech Monday at the Justice Department — comments that came a day after President Trump declared that some minority lawmakers should leave the country.
Attorney General William P. Barr wrote:
My concern today is that under the banner of identity politics, some political factions are seeking to obtain power by dividing Americans, and they undermine the values that draw us together, such as a shared commitment to our country’s success.

Is he the next to be replaced?

Now that Trump have gone as far as wishing to deport congress women I suggest we all might wish to carry our passports until Trump is no longer in office.
RABEL222

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 01:42 pm
@BillRM,
As a 2nd generation Italian I keep mine up to date. Never know when our chief crook might proclaim me person non Grata and have his Ice agents deport me by presidential proculamation.
hightor

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 02:27 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
They failed to mention the violence outside his events by the left.

Don't make me laugh. Apparently you don't even realize how unprecedented it is for a major party candidate to comport himself in such a thuggish manner, trying to rile up his besotted audience to commit violence. Damn right the media "failed to mention" some violent protestors — the protests were eclipsed by the behavior of the candidate himself.
Quote:
Russian trolls?

Yeah. I read about it in the news. Mueller even indicted some of them but I guess you missed that.
Quote:
Conservative meme machine

I guess you must have missed the never-ending parade of lies, cheap shots, fake photos, and doctored videos that your friend gungasnake used to post here several times a day.
Quote:

CNN and MSNBC are the primary defenders of Antifa.

From the little I've seen, they defend their right to hold counter demonstrations but they don't defend violence by anyone.
Baldimo

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 02:36 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Don't make me laugh. Apparently you don't even realize how unprecedented it is for a major party candidate to comport himself in such a thuggish manner, trying to rile up his besotted audience to commit violence. Damn right the media "failed to mention" some violent protestors — the protests were eclipsed by the behavior of the candidate himself.

I didn't realize it was ok for people in San Jose and Chicago to riot and attack people outside of a campaign event. You can save the BS.

Quote:
Yeah. I read about it in the news. Mueller even indicted some of them but I guess you missed that.

I didn't miss it, I'm still waiting on the court case... Those were the only people he indicted for election interference.

Quote:
I guess you must have missed the never-ending parade of lies, cheap shots, fake photos, and doctored videos that your friend gungasnake used to post here several times a day.

Your proof is Gunga? That's the best you can come up with? It can't be any worse then the lies told by leftists on this page...

Quote:
From the little I've seen, they defend their right to hold counter demonstrations but they don't defend violence by anyone.

Then you have seen very little. CNN and MSNBC have spent hours defending Antifa and continuing to cover by them by calling them "anti-fascists" when everything they do is actually fascist.

They weren't "counter protesters", they were there to beat people up they disagreed with. Much like they did to a reporter and 2 other people last weekend in Portland, Andy Ngo was attacked and put in the hospital with a brain bleed. Stop defending Antifa.
Baldimo

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 03:14 pm
I wonder what you lefties are going to claim about this past weekends violent events by the left. A violent Antifa supporter was shot and killed attacking an ICE detention facility. At a 2nd event, they took down the US flag and put up the Mexican flag at the facility.
Builder

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 06:43 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
.....and have his Ice agents deport me by presidential proculamation.

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself (no surprises there) but keep a bag packed, just in case.
snood

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:02 pm
but how do we know for sure that the guy who was fined for refusing to rent to black people and called for a ban on Muslims and called Mexicans rapists and called Puerto Ricans lazy and called for the execution of innocent black teens is a racist? if only there were a clear sign

@itsjefftiedrich
0 Replies

snood

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:07 pm
The murderous nazi who mowed down people with his car in Charlottesville just received a sentence of life +419 years.

A little bit of justice.

RIP Heather Heyer
MontereyJack

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:33 pm
@Baldimo,
Nothing violent bout putting up a flag. It's a political protest is all, and protected free speech. Or do you hate the constitution as righties so often seem to do?
RABEL222

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:17 pm
@Builder,
O I definitely do.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 02:39 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I didn't realize it was ok for people in San Jose and Chicago to riot and attack people outside of a campaign event.

I didn't realize it was okay for a presidential candidate to instigate violence against his political opposition.
Quote:
Those were the only people he indicted for election interference.

Yes, that's why I mentioned them. And your point is?
Quote:

Your proof is Gunga?

It wasn't offered as "proof" but as an example. He didn't create them himself; he was able to tap into the unending source of cheap rightist memes.
Quote:
Stop defending Antifa.

Where have I "defended" the antifa protestors?
Builder

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 02:52 am
@hightor,
Quote:
I didn't realize it was okay for a presidential candidate to instigate violence against his political opposition.

Hmmm, but it's okay to describe roughly half of the population as deplorables?

The result worked out great, though. I guess we should be thankful.
hightor

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 03:11 am
@Builder,
Quote:
Hmmm, but it's okay to describe roughly half of the population as deplorables?

Actually she was referring to the positions held by half of Trump's base, not half the population. It's usually considered gauche for politicians to criticize voters but I don't think it sinks to the level Trump displayed in the June 30, 2016 rally.
Builder

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 03:23 am
@hightor,
Sighs, I guess I'll have to drag out this "deplorable" act by your high priestess one more time, Hi.

Remembering, of course, that Obama claimed Clinton lied convincingly to get him to say okay to destroying Libya, and paying "rebel" forces to murder (after raping his ass with a sabre) Libya's loved leader.

hightor

Tue 16 Jul, 2019 04:05 am
@Builder,
You're the one who's apparently obsessed with Hillary Clinton (and Qaddafi!) — I only brought it up because you'd raised the issue and made an arithmetical mistake which needed to be corrected.