monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:44 am
@hightor,
If you haven't actually seen the proof that Clinton's campaign worked with the media to make Trump the 'Pied Piper' candidate in order to give a weak HRC someone who was so preposterous that she'd have a better chance of winning - it is only because you have studiously avoided it. Anyone who wants to see it, can.

https://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/

You can google the actual emails if you WANT TO SEE THE PROOF.

Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:01 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Lash, I'm not one of the "You guys who love Clinton" crowd here and you should have picked up on that by now. The point is that even if Google could scrub its own search engine it doesn't have the power to wipe a previously posted image from the internet entirely.

That paragraph was only addressed to "You guys who love Clinton." I should have prefaced it better, since the post is addressed to you. A little sloppy of me.

Through history, there have been people warning about trend they see. I didn't start a 'rising fascism' thread because I didn't have anything else going on. I don't spend my personal time canvassing for a political candidate for no reason. I do take what's happening personally and seriously. I try to dial it back occasionally, but since I experienced this myself - pictures disappearing - it was a big Orwellian slap like few before. I've been concerned about the power of a uniform media, Google, and Facebook for a couple of years. I guess you can understand that my concern just went into hyperdrive.

If you own a company, you know what Google can do. They have the power to re-route a search by re-coding SEO.

https://www.business.com/articles/3-ways-for-google-to-kill-local-business/
Tiny excerpt:
Did you know that Google could decide how much money your local business will make this year? Scary, isn't it?

Every day, the Google algorithm is making decisions that can have catastrophic implications not just for online businesses, but also for many local businesses. It can decide to block the flow of new customers to your business anytime it wants.

Walter Hinteler

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:16 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
So, they can't do the same to SEO for a set of pictures?
Even if google could do such - why don't you use a different search and/or picture search engine?
Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I laughed out loud. I'm sitting here thinking this same thing.

I've had family and friends in Silicon Valley (YEARS ago!) warning me to get the hell off Google and Facebook, but I'm loathe to lose connections with peripheral friends who aren't close enough to call or email - and lose my cache of mail.

You're right. Not just use other engines, but I need to leave altogether. Do you know they are listening to our conversations?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2019/07/11/google-home-smart-speakers-employees-listen-conversations/1702205001/

I'm doing as you say now.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:00 am
@Lash,
Quote:
If you haven't actually seen the proof that Clinton's campaign worked with the media to make Trump the 'Pied Piper' candidate in order to give a weak HRC someone who was so preposterous that she'd have a better chance of winning - it is only because you have studiously avoided it. Anyone who wants to see it, can.

Lash, I'm familiar with that whole episode. It's laid out in this Gawker piece. But it's not as if all the media attention that Trump got was because of the DNC and its purported control of the MSM. We're making a big mistake if we refuse to see that the idiot actually tapped into a huge reservoir of anger, bitterness, and discontent among voters who, other than Fox, aren't big MSM consumers anyway. Claiming that the DNC tipped the election to Trump is a much bigger stretch than claiming the Russians tipped it to Trump and I know you don't accept that argument. Personally I don't think it was any one factor; it never is.

I got a kick out of the disclaimer at the bottom of your link:
Quote:
Disclosure: Donald Trump is the father-in-law of Jared Kushner, the publisher of Observer Media.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:05 am
As recently as Tuesday, Trump had defended his embattled Cabinet secretary, telling reporters he felt "very badly" for Acosta and praising his tenure at the Labor Department - now Acosta resigns.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:29 am
@hightor,
There were several factors, of course, and I'm loathe to admit that the a common thread of motivation of Trump and Sanders voters is they were all thoroughly FED UP with the status quo. That emotion then separates into quite different directions.

What else torpedoed Clinton?

Clinton hubris was a big part.

Her personality and unlikability, perception of dishonesty -- all that stuff that made her unpopular. Her "public and private policy" statement.

Some say being a woman was a knock against her, but I disagree completely! I'd've loved to have been able to vote for a woman, and I'm grateful as hell that HRC isn't the stinking blot historically registered as the first woman president. I hope in my lifetime a woman of substance will claim that spot. I almost know Bernie will choose a WOC as his Veep. and I can't wait to see who she is. She'll likely be the first woman president, and one we can be proud of.

Some say Comey hurt Clinton. I say he let her off with a wrist slap for serious security crimes that others are jailed for - and then came back for sloppy seconds. Thattiming was damaging to her, but I think the die was cast by then.

She was a lazy campaigner and insulted a lot of potential voters with specific comments like "deplorables" and something shitty she said about coal or WV...?

Her Weiner connection.

Her "white noise" speech.

Bernie's incredible, surprising popularity - which was a symptom of the anti-status quo movement.

Her outing by wikileaks...

Despite all that, if Clinton hadn't requested of her minions in media to take Trump seriously and elevate him, he would not be president. He would've been shunted aside like the carnival barker he is and some other idiot would have beaten her.

My opinion, anyway.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 10:14 am
Turkey Accepts Russian S-400 Missile System, Rankling U.S. And NATO
Quote:
The first pieces of the S-400 missile defense system Turkey bought from Russia — against the wishes of the U.S. and NATO — began arriving Friday, according to Turkey's National Defense Ministry. In response, the Pentagon is expected to announce that Turkey will be barred from receiving the new F-35 fighter.

Turkey had planned to buy 100 F-35s, which is produced by Lockheed Martin. But since Turkey announced in 2017 that it also planned to install Russia's S-400 air-defense system, the U.S. has repeatedly said that Turkey can have one or the other — but not both.

By constantly trash talking NATO and hyping up everything Putin, Trump the Treasonous Traitor may have hammered one more nail into the coffin of NATO and give one of the biggest win to our cold war enemy of Russia in decades.
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:04 pm
Michael Tracey

Verified account

@mtracey
3h3 hours ago
More
The Trump transition staff was so sublimely competent that they looked at Alex Acosta's background, saw he had been the key figure in giving a sweetheart deal to the country's most notorious child sex offender, and said to themselves, "He's our man"
hightor

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 12:24 pm
US budget deficit jumps 23.1% over last year as debt crisis looms
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:26 pm
@Brand X,
Well, Trump didn’t have a lot of moral wiggle room on Epstein matters...

Brand, you are following a lot of my peeps. If you wanna collide worlds, let’s follow each other. I’ll keep your secrets if you’ll keep mine, but I’m meaner there... 😀✌🏽
Brand X

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 02:58 pm
@Lash,
I follow but I'm not signed up. I prefer Youtube for alternative views....unfortunately Youtube is squelching the **** out of the progressive guys. Any independent news on Youtube is in danger.
Lash

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 03:09 pm
@Brand X,
I agree. We're seeing the big social media powers flexing their muscles against the people in a measurable way.

If you ever change your mind, feel free to link up.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 03:10 pm
@Brand X,
Who on the progressive side of youtube is being "squelched"? The Young Turks, Jimmy Dore? Actually I can see Jimmy Dore being squelched, he doesn't agree with the left when it comes to Russiagate, so I can see Youtube wanting him degraded in his viewers. Who else?
Brand X

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 03:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Check this out, it shows the algo juggling that's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieoQuSt9mns&t=219s

To be clear, conservative guys are getting the same treatment.
Baldimo

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 03:28 pm
@Brand X,
I'll be honest with you, this has been a complaint from the right for the last year or more. No one paid attention to what was being said, now that it's effecting left leaning channels I wonder if people will pay attention now.

Tim Pool has been on this for well over 6 months because it effects more than just youtube, it effects a large portion of social media.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:46 pm
@Lash,
Quote:

He's claiming to have thrown Epstein out of his club, and not ever having gone to his fantasy island.

https://www.facebook.com/Qanon.com.au/videos/489288048483652/?t=37
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:06 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:

He's claiming to have thrown Epstein out of his club, and not ever having gone to his fantasy island.

https://www.facebook.com/Qanon.com.au/videos/489288048483652/?t=37

It is a fact that Trump long ago threw him out likely because Trump is at the end of the day a Good Guy who demands that women and girls be treated well from everything I know. If you know otherwise then present your evidence.

"Trump says" is gross dishonesty on your part....it is the truth that matters...and we know the truth here.
RABEL222

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes we do. And it sure isent your truth.
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 06:22 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Yes we do. And it sure isent your truth.

Are you capable of communicating in full thoughts? I dont waste time with the riff-raff any longer.....I wised up.
0 Replies