Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:37 pm
@farmerman,
Mad Dog ROCKS!
0 Replies

layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 01:47 pm
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2003/04/11/liberation/index.html

Quote:
"I have a confession: I have at times, as the war has unfolded, secretly wished for things to go wrong," Gary Kamiya, executive editor of the left-leaning Internet journal Salon, wrote last week. "Wished for the Iraqis to be more nationalistic, to resist longer.”

“Wished for the Arab world to rise up in rage. Wished for all the things we feared would happen. I'm not alone: A number of people who oppose the war have told me they have had identical feelings."

“Some of this is merely the result of pettiness -- ignoble resentment, partisan hackdom, the desire to be proved right and to prove the likes of Rumsfeld wrong, irritation with the sanitizing, myth-making American media. But some of it is something trickier:…

“Wishing for things to go wrong is the logical corollary of the postulate that the better things go for Bush, the worse they will go for America and the rest of the world. Pessimism is the dirty little secret of the antiwar camp -- dirty because there is something distasteful about wishing for bad outcomes.”

That article is somewhat dated, but I kinda get the sense that the sentiments being expressed in it are just as prevalent today.

The cheese-eaters are HOPING Trump fails, even if it means the whole country going down the tubes with him. Either way, they will call every success he has a failure, by means of some kinda cheese-eatin, half-baked "reasoning."

Aint no thang. Aint nuthin but a yappin little mutt who keeps nippin at your pantlegs until ya just haul off and drop-kick his sorry ass over the house.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:14 pm
@giujohn,
The relevance oh clueless one is that if not for people who thought in a forward thinking way, those things would not have changed and many rights which we enjoy we would not be enjoying as they were added later in amendments which was Debra's point in the first place.
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:27 pm
@revelette1,
There were many among the founding fathers who were against slavery. This was evidenced by when the Southern States wanted to count every slave for apportionment which would have given them much more power then the other states people like Hamilton agreed to only 3/5. And while you liberals today would have us all believe they did that because they were devaluating or degrading the black man it was to lessen the influence of the Southern States and tax them more because taxes were also tied to apportionment. And lest we forget it was Republicans who ended slavery in this country.
revelette1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:34 pm
@giujohn,
Democrats of today are worlds apart from the southern democrats of yesterday. Regardless of how the framers felt, many of them owned slaves, women could not vote and other such rights and freedoms were not acknowledged then by the framers. After all, they weren't gods. It took a war to free the slaves and it took blacks and liberals to give blacks more rights years after that. It took women to give women the right to vote and women are still fighting for their rights today and so are minorities. You know, cheese eaters.
Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:45 pm
@revelette1,
It took blacks and republicans to give blacks more rights years after the war between the states.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 02:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Politifact shows that Trump lies over 75% of the time, and we have some people too ignorant to do their own checking. It's obvious from watching Trump, because he flip-flops on most things.

A lie comes out of his mouth every 5 minutes. The rest of his repertoire is all hyperbole.
cicerone imposter

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 03:43 pm
@Debra Law,
It seems some people don't like facts. LOL
Simple minded uneducated jerks who has nothing better to do.
Yes, Trump is a pathological liar.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trump%2c+the+pathological+liar&qpvt=trump%2c+the+pathological+liar&FORM=VDRE
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 04:38 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

The operative words are former Executives and they won't be running the country Trump will.

And quite frankly I don't give a rat's ass if Trump is caught having sex in church... The only thing I care about is that Hillary and the Clinton crime family will not take over the Oval Office and that Trump will appoint originalist jurists to scotus.

Trump won't be "running the country". He will be an embarrassment as a figurehead and he will engage in self-enrichment and self-aggrandizement. The only thing you care about is your hate fueled by ignorance.
ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 04:42 pm
@farmerman,
thanks for the useful comment, FM
giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 05:13 pm
@Debra Law,
Says you..
0 Replies

roger

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Few and far between, aren't they?
Frugal1

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 06:53 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cy9DUpwUkAA2FRd.jpg:large
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:40 pm
@blatham,
No. It shows just what I think of him. I thought that Bush 43 and Ronny Raygun were the worst presidents, but am going to have to change my opinion.
ossobucotemp

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:49 pm
@roger,
Yep
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:50 pm
So,...Trump is meeting with Gore.

That's some crazy ****.
RABEL222

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 07:59 pm
@Debra Law,
Is he republican or democrat?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 08:00 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

So,...Trump is meeting with Gore.

That's some crazy ****.

Heh. Trump is playing that chump, and his cheese-eatin followers, bigtime.

They will meet. Trump will ask a lot of question and listen (or at least pretend to) carefully, then, later, he will blow off the Paris accords, shut down the EPA, and withdraw all Americans from the IPCC.

He can then say he seriously considered all relevant evidence and arguments and determined that Gore's line was a crock of ****.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 08:06 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Sessions probably smokes it behind the barn like a good little conservative hypocrite.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 5 Dec, 2016 09:24 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

No. It shows just what I think of him. I thought that Bush 43 and Ronny Raygun were the worst presidents, but am going to have to change my opinion.

Rabel...never met a conservative he liked (momma was scared by one when she was pregnant) Jimmy Carter is his hero.😵
0 Replies